Main Menu

WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upthemaidens

Quote from: Purple 77 on January 31, 2017, 07:23:34 PM
Although there are 3 coaches left to vote, I can well and truly announce that upthemaidens is now a co-coach at the Pacific Islanders!

Although already been around for a little bit and privy to how Worlds works, welcome to Worlds all the same! Congrats  8)
Thank you very much Purps, it's an honour to be co-coach of the Islanders.   Can't wait for that juicy pay rise and the key to the executive bathroom. 

Hellopplz

Quote from: upthemaidens on January 31, 2017, 08:00:17 PM
Although there are 3 coaches left to vote, I can well and truly announce that upthemaidens is now a co-coach at the Pacific Islanders!

Although already been around for a little bit and privy to how Worlds works, welcome to Worlds all the same! Congrats  8)
Thank you very much Purps, it's an honour to be co-coach of the Islanders.   Can't wait for that juicy pay rise and the key to the executive bathroom.
Please don't tell Daz about that for co-coaches :-X.

DazBurg

Quote from: Hellopplz on February 01, 2017, 12:24:46 AM

:O Dom!!!

haha
congrats UTM :D

upthemaidens

Quote from: DazBurg on February 01, 2017, 08:15:16 AM
Quote from: Hellopplz on February 01, 2017, 12:24:46 AM

:O Dom!!!

haha
congrats UTM :D
Thanks guys.     ...BTW that bathroom is pure luxury and we all know that a Maiden needs to poop in comfort. :)

Torpedo10

How on earth did we get stricter on voting?

GoLions

Quote from: Torpedo10 on February 01, 2017, 12:18:40 PM
You might wanna go through those results again Torpy

Holz

Quote from: GoLions on February 01, 2017, 12:22:47 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on February 01, 2017, 12:18:40 PM
You might wanna go through those results again Torpy

My guess is he is talking about the 2 trades that just went down.

Purple 77

Also, a thank you to Ada for updating the team banners in the World XV - Directory, About Us and Official Rulebook thread.

I like to think I've updated all the rules too, let me know if you see anything I've missed or want any "guideline" kinda things included.

Levi434

Would you be interested in managing a Women's WXV team this year? We've had a coach leave and there's an opening if anyone wants it? Here is a chance to be apart of history. AFLW has taken the footy world by storm and will only get bigger from here. The WXVW season will be finished prior to the men's AFL commencing so it won't cross over into SC, XVs, DT or whatever comps you are in.

Barcelona List:
1. Emma King (R)
2. Sabrina Frederick-Traub (F/R)
3. Ebony Marinoff (M)
4. Bianca Jakobsson (F)
5. Nicole Hildebrand (B)
6. Caitlyn Edwards (B)
7. Tiah Haynes (M)
8. Bree White (M/F)
9. Hannah Scott (M)
10. Melissa Caulfield (F/M)
11. Jasmine Garner (F)
12. Penny Cula-Reid (B)
13. Britt Tully (M)
14. Sarah Last (B)
15. Demi Okley (M/F)
16. Katherine Smith (M)
17. Tayla Bresland (B)
18. Jess Gardner (F/B)
19. Katie Loynes (M)
20. Selina Goodman (M)
21. Ruby Schleicher (R)
22. Melissa Kuys (M)
23. Nat Exon (M)
24. Kendra Heil (M/F)
25. Caitlin Collins (B)
26. Sophie Casey (F)
27. Rebecca Neaves (M)

The team is looking good. Well as good as it can after only 3 games into the year ahah. Marinoff and Jakobsson look elite as do Edwards and Tully. We'll get a look at Sabrina Frederick-Traub today.

I'll leave this open til tonight as we need a coach ASAP!

Register your interest here: http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,108172.0.html

Purple 77

WXV Fixture. I just realised I need to make one.

Thoughts on matching up your last 5 games of the year with the teams that finished in your "third" of the 2016 ladder? Like? Dislike? Early replies are likely to shape up what I end up doing coz I ain't sending out a vote on this :P

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on February 07, 2017, 04:54:28 PM

Thoughts on matching up your last 5 games of the year with the teams that finished in your "third" of the 2016 ladder? Like? Dislike? Early replies are likely to shape up what I end up doing coz I ain't sending out a vote on this :P

Hate the 1/3 system.

For top teams it means the first 2 months are boring. Then the last month all the good games in a row. Also means if you have a key player injured like a ruck getting injured in first month or last is a huge difference.

Spread it around so for exanole split into 3rd.

Then go A B C A B C etc..

So teams can top teams look forward to a tough matchup every 3 weeks. Bottom teams can look forward to a winable game every 3 weeks. Rather then getting pumped for like a month then a month of good games.

Will make rhe comp much more fun and also more fair with injuires

Ringo

Like the concept and as Holz suggested is it better to stagger rather than have the 5 straight. May complicate the draw a little but would be more equitable. London could win 5 in a row and then not win another game so deflating.

PowerBug

Could someone pleasepost the top 8 teams from WXVs last season in finishing order post-finals and including the manager(s) names. When two teams got knocked out in the same week the one higher on the ladder goes first. Cheers :)
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

elephants

Quote from: Holz on February 07, 2017, 05:04:41 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on February 07, 2017, 04:54:28 PM

Hate the 1/3 system.

For top teams it means the first 2 months are boring. Then the last month all the good games in a row. Also means if you have a key player injured like a ruck getting injured in first month or last is a huge difference.

Spread it around so for exanole split into 3rd.

Then go A B C A B C etc..

So teams can top teams look forward to a tough matchup every 3 weeks. Bottom teams can look forward to a winable game every 3 weeks. Rather then getting pumped for like a month then a month of good games.

Will make rhe comp much more fun and also more fair with injuires

Whens the EXV rookie draft starting? Just curious

Purple 77

Quote from: PowerBug on February 07, 2017, 05:19:07 PM
Could someone pleasepost the top 8 teams from WXVs last season in finishing order post-finals and including the manager(s) names. When two teams got knocked out in the same week the one higher on the ladder goes first. Cheers :)

So the ladder post-finals ladder? Like the version where Western Bulldogs finish 1st and not 7th?

If so, it looked like this:

1   Rio de Janeiro Jaguars - Levi434
2   New Delhi Tigers - elephants & Ricochet
3   Dublin Destroyers - Holz
4   Mexico City Suns - JROO8
5   Paris Nice Lyon Reindeers - Hellopplz & DazBurg
6   New York Revolution - AaronKirk & RaisyDaisy
7   Pacific Islanders - Jay & upthemaidens
8   Buenos Aires Armadillos - Vinny & iZander