Main Menu

WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

Quote from: Holz on December 19, 2016, 03:06:13 PM
Quote from: meow meow on December 19, 2016, 01:53:40 PM
Gibbs will outscore him.

Meow,  NDT and Dublin are talking here, no need to talk about irrelevant players on irrelevant teams.

Weits will outscore Gibbs in the WXV finals

You realize he's getting traded to the reigning premiers, right?

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on December 19, 2016, 04:26:43 PM
Quote from: Holz on December 19, 2016, 03:06:13 PM
Gibbs will outscore him.

Meow,  NDT and Dublin are talking here, no need to talk about irrelevant players on irrelevant teams.

Weits will outscore Gibbs in the WXV finals

You realize he's getting traded to the reigning premiers, right?

have you given up on pumping Mexico up.

and no i didnt realise, wont put an offer in as I know you will accept a lower offer elsewhere.

Jroo

Quote from: elephants on December 19, 2016, 02:11:33 PM
Gibbs will outscore him.

Gibbs is a elite, he will only be outscored by one man in 2017 and thats Luke Shuey Rocky

Holz

Fun Fact:

Intercept marks after 20 career games - Weitering 39, Taylor 33, T. McDonald 29, SD. Thompson 28 and Rance 6.

Bonus Fact. Only wiets did that in his first year. what a gun

Bonus Bonus Fact: 2017 WXV Premiership Medalist.

Ringo

and both have missed this stat And Harris Andrews 43 intercept marks after 20 games

Holz

Quote from: Ringo on December 21, 2016, 05:53:14 PM
and both have missed this stat And Harris Andrews 43 intercept marks after 20 games

where do you get these kind of stats from? I find them really interesying and usefull but tough to get. I only saw a tweet from champion data on the above topic.

only been able to see the mid year 2016 because i found an article. Andrews was 2.5 per game as was Weits. Certainly rate andrews though hope brisbane can rebound after a few years being down. Like the look of schace alot.

meow meow

Gibbs > Andrews > Weitering

RaisyDaisy

Rance/TMac/Weits

Delicious

Not so for the rest of us though

Jroo

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on December 22, 2016, 10:16:30 AM
Rance/TMac/Weits

Delicious

Well they are key defenders so they can be inconsistent. They are prone to putting in a stinker every now and then

Holz

Quote from: JROO8 on December 22, 2016, 12:33:27 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on December 22, 2016, 10:16:30 AM
Rance/TMac/Weits

Delicious

Well they are key defenders so they can be inconsistent. They are prone to putting in a stinker every now and then

you would think that but its actually not that true

Rance with a season low of 67. a 98 average with only 3 scores over 120 means he is actually pretty consistent. The man can go sub 50 DT and go 90+ SC.

Tmac did have a few stinkers early on but from round 8 onwards only went sub 90 4 times with 71 73 77 82

Weits is a rookie who picked up a few niggle injuries.

I find the gun key backs start of with stinkers then they get rid of them and turn their stinkers into decent 70-85 games.

I actually find the half back flank guys are more inconsitent as the key backs always seem to get spoils, intercept marks and cant be tagged. HBF need the ball to score and can be tagged.

Birchall is my most inconsistent defender (besides weits) with 6 sub 70 scores that include a couple of 50s.

Shaw can throw up a few junk games to counter his monsters.

The reason i go for key defenders is their consistency :P I find they peform year after year if you get good ones. Rance has gone 84 86 87 89 97 98

HBF seem to have monster years, then down years and of course during the year go very big and then get tagged a few times and really struggle.

Levi434

Merry Christmas WXV.

Just remember Ben Jacobs is THE number 1 tagger and will ruin your season.

Nah srs hope everyone has a good holiday :)

Purple 77

Hey all!

Hoping everyone is having some great time off and had a merry christmas/happy holiday.

Just been getting around to some of the votes/feedback some have already sent in. I've read it all, and its ALL been great; the constructive feedback has been outstanding, keep it up :D but a lot of it was just... awesome to read as well, thanks very much :)

Just as a status update, 9.5 teams to go, but as I said in the PM, there is zero rush as I'm sure we're all taking some deserved rest.

Some popular options have presented themselves, a couple to my surprise too.

RaisyDaisy

St Kilda’s Jade Gresham is still only 19 and is preparing for just his second of football, but he’s already a standout.

He rated above average for disposals last season and could well be elite by the end of 2017 with more midfield time.

“To be honest, he couldn’t have had a more impressive start to his career,” St Kilda coach Alan Richardson said.

“He predominantly played as a forward, he pinch hit from time to time as a midfielder. That’s where he’ll end up, we need him to become a midfielder, a really dynamic inside mid that can create opportunities with his lateral movement and with his skills; that’s going to be the focus of his pre-season.”

Jukes

Purple 77

Although there are 3 coaches left to vote, I can well and truly announce that upthemaidens is now a co-coach at the Pacific Islanders!

Although already been around for a little bit and privy to how Worlds works, welcome to Worlds all the same! Congrats  8)