Main Menu

WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Quote from: upthemaidens on October 27, 2016, 10:36:36 PM
Just out of interest.  Does anyone have the averages of using stand alone Captains compared to using Co-Captains ?

I'm guessing a solo Captain is a higher average, but volatile.  CC would be more stable and a "safer" option.  I wonder how big of a difference the average is.

That would be interesting. But in the too-hard basket for me to find out :P

iZander

Just out of interest.  Does anyone have the averages of using stand alone Captains compared to using Co-Captains ?

I'm guessing a solo Captain is a higher average, but volatile.  CC would be more stable and a "safer" option.  I wonder how big of a difference the average is.

Wouldnt really be a fair comparison as generally those that use stand alone captains have a beast captain options example Danger, Pendles, Gawn/Fyfe ect and those that use CC are more likely to have captaincy troubles :P

Stats can never hurt though!

upthemaidens

Quote from: iZander on October 27, 2016, 10:40:17 PM

Wouldnt really be a fair comparison as generally those that use stand alone captains have a beast captain options example Danger, Pendles, Gawn/Fyfe ect and those that use CC are more likely to have captaincy troubles :P

Stats can never hurt though!
Yeah I just of thought of that after typing..

Edit note: I'd expect if you don't have a stand out Captain choice, then using CC would be more beneficial.
  If you have a 20 point gap between M1 and M2, then a solo Capt would be of greater advantage..

That certainly would change the numbers and affect the stats.

RaisyDaisy

Just look at our results and compare

We pretty much always do CC  :'(

GoLions

I dislike the idea of CC because unless they score the same, you're guaranteed to not get the best possible captain score :P

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: GoLions on October 27, 2016, 11:01:49 PM
I dislike the idea of CC because unless they score the same, you're guaranteed to not get the best possible captain score :P

Goes both ways though

When you don't have a clear stand out, you could put the C on one and VC the other only for the C to spud out a 70 and flower you - just reduces the risk element by going with CC

GoLions

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 27, 2016, 11:05:27 PM

Goes both ways though

When you don't have a clear stand out, you could put the C on one and VC the other only for the C to spud out a 70 and flower you - just reduces the risk element by going with CC
Nah, just go with your gut! More fun that way ;D

Only reason I'd use CC is if I had someone like Tommy J, and thought he was due to kick a bag and could go huge (same goes with guys like JJK, Buddy, Mckernan, etc), but wasn't entirely confident.

fanTCfool

Quote from: GoLions on October 27, 2016, 11:07:55 PM

Goes both ways though

Only reason I'd use CC is if I had someone like Tommy J, and thought he was due to kick a bag and could go huge (same goes with guys like JJK, Buddy, Mckernan, etc), but wasn't entirely confident.

Someone's gotta call this out.

iZander

Goes both ways though

Did your gut have anything to do with Riska over Cotch round2 in BXV? Cant imagine that was much fun ;)

GoLions

Quote from: iZander on October 27, 2016, 11:23:24 PM

Goes both ways though

Did your gut have anything to do with Riska over Cotch round2 in BXV? Cant imagine that was much fun ;)
Get outta my life.

iZander

Quote from: GoLions on October 27, 2016, 11:25:30 PM
Quote from: iZander on October 27, 2016, 11:23:24 PM

Goes both ways though

Get outta my life.
hehe ;)

Hellopplz

Quote from: fanTCfool on October 27, 2016, 11:18:00 PM
Goes both ways though

Don't even mention him after he won Meowtwo's Champs League match against us 2 years ago >:(.

GoLions

Quote from: Hellopplz on October 27, 2016, 11:59:34 PM
Quote from: fanTCfool on October 27, 2016, 11:18:00 PM
Goes both ways though

Don't even mention him after he won Meowtwo's Champs League match against us 2 years ago >:(.
Bunny gets it ;D

Holz

The point people are forgeting is high risk high reward suits some teams and not others.

If a team is likely to lose they should play a sole captain as if he pulls 70 who cares if he pulls 150 you can win.

If you likely to win a 70 can lose you the game so go CC as a 150 v 120 just means a bigger win.

Ringo

OK here is the argument based on Royals Team.

My Co Captains would be Hanners and Shuey.  Using averages last year Hanners averaged 114 and Shuey 106.

So based on averages Hanners as sole captain 228
Using Co Captains Hanners 171 and Shuey 159  Total 330.
Know this is hypothetical using averages but by using co captains I reckon I can at least 50 ppg except when both spud.