Main Menu

WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

roo boys!

Pedo out for the season, had been good this year too. I see he's out of contract at the Dees, lets hope this injury doesn't cost him a spot on their list

Boomz

Quote from: Nige on June 16, 2015, 02:02:51 PM
Shane Mumford apparently gone for the season as he'll have ankle surgery. Do we laugh? Do we cry? Do we get down on our knees and beg Boomz to give us Andrew Phillips as a goodwill gesture?

May just save our season if Phillips can actually hold down the spot   :-X

JBs-Hawks

Holz

Quote from: ossie85 on June 16, 2015, 07:59:11 PM
No Asian players?

I totally forgot it was euroasia. Europe beastly.

Could give them to AAP they might need it.

Toga

Goooood. Aaron Black looks like he might request a trade to somewhere like Freo next year. Would be very handy in our fwd line right about now!

What a trade though between Beijing & NYR - Black (struggling for chances as a key fwd in a poor VFL team at the moment) and Matty Rosa (constantly injured) have both been great pickups hey! :P

Ricochet

Quote from: Toga on June 17, 2015, 11:02:58 AM
Goooood. Aaron Black looks like he might request a trade to somewhere like Freo next year. Would be very handy in our fwd line right about now!

What a trade though between Beijing & NYR - Black (struggling for chances as a key fwd in a poor VFL team at the moment) and Matty Rosa (constantly injured) have both been great pickups hey! :P
haha there's a couple of trades like that. Looked through the trade confirmation thread and there are a few stinkers but not heaps. Thought there would be a lot more. Guess its a bit too early to judge them properly

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on June 17, 2015, 11:26:11 AM
Quote from: Toga on June 17, 2015, 11:02:58 AM

haha there's a couple of trades like that. Looked through the trade confirmation thread and there are a few stinkers but not heaps. Thought there would be a lot more. Guess its a bit too early to judge them properly

dont mind my grant birchall pick up for black and other randoms.

Nige

Looks like GWS will give Phillips the nod in Mummy's absence.

Here's hoping that Goldy tears Phillips a new one and he gets dropped in favour of Lobb or Downie.  :P

ossie85

Hi all,

Me thinking again. Yes. I know.

Proposing to add more strategy to the Worlds games. Where teams will actually have to pay attention to the other person's team.

How? By changing position restriction.

As normal, you choose 13 on the ground, and 2 on the interchange.

For the 13 on the ground you can choose:
- A maximum 6 midfielders, 6 forwards, 6 defenders and 3 ruck
- A minimum 2 midfielders, 2 forwards, 2 defenders and 1 ruck

And if you can't do the minimum you still have to name someone OOP.

I.e. Your starting 13 can be 5 midfielders, 5 forwards, 2 defenders and a ruck.

BUT, there's risk!

Your midfielders play against the other team's midfielders. Ruck v Ruck, forward v defenders, and defenders v forwards.

So let's take the forward v defenders as an example. For every extra forward you have, each forward gets an extra 5% scoring boost. So if you 5 forwards against 3 defenders, each one of your forwards will be increased by 10%. But, if you have less forwards against defenders, you are penalised 5% + another 5% for every player extra they have. So if you have 3 forwards against the 5 defenders, each one of your forwards score is reduced by 15% (5% penalty + 2 players less).

Teams would be submitted in private.

Interchange is free choice, they count as per normal, but do not count for on field numbers, unless they are required to come in as a late change.

Did that make sense?

I'm wondering if we should test it out EurAsia v AAP Alliance!

Nige

Quote from: ossie85 on June 17, 2015, 02:59:01 PM
Did that make sense?
As someone who likes simplicity and doesn't like numbers, nope.  :P

Purple 77

As I said to oz last night, would like to this "hypothesis" tested out before giving a final conclusion, but in theory... it sounds pretty cool to me.

Ringo

Do not like it much at all. How can you pay attention to opponents team when they are lodged in secret?

ossie85

Quote from: Ringo on June 17, 2015, 04:07:21 PM
Do not like it much at all. How can you pay attention to opponents team when they are lodged in secret?

It'd be more looking at that person's squad, and thinking 'hey, that person is only going to have 1 ruck, I could get a real advantage by playing my 3 OR that guy is likely to play 5 forwards, I need to adjust my structure to match it'

Ricochet

I really like the idea of introducing fwds vs backs and using it to an advantage somehow, like in real life. Not sure if I'm fully on board with this way to go about it though.