Main Menu

WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Holz on June 16, 2015, 11:19:05 AM
Quote from: ossie85 on June 16, 2015, 10:15:38 AM
Quote from: Nige on June 16, 2015, 10:03:21 AM
Maybe Purps should set up a system where each Worlds team gets all the rucks of one AFL club.  :P

suck if you had Essendon

dibs on north. saying that i really wouldnt mind ports lobbe ryder combo though.

I'd rather Nic Nat, Sinclair and Lycett I think.

Though the Geelong combo would be interesting the future. Blicavs, Stanley, Simpson, McIntosh, Vardy, Luxford, Clark - may as well have their whole team lol.

Nige

Shane Mumford apparently gone for the season as he'll have ankle surgery. Do we laugh? Do we cry? Do we get down on our knees and beg Boomz to give us Andrew Phillips as a goodwill gesture?

ossie85

Quote from: Nige on June 16, 2015, 02:02:51 PM
Shane Mumford apparently gone for the season as he'll have ankle surgery. Do we laugh? Do we cry? Do we get down on our knees and beg Boomz to give us Andrew Phillips as a goodwill gesture?

Why choose? Do all three

Nige

Quote from: ossie85 on June 16, 2015, 02:11:24 PM
Quote from: Nige on June 16, 2015, 02:02:51 PM

Why choose? Do all three
Already have done.  :'(

Ringo

Quote from: Nige on June 16, 2015, 10:23:36 AM
Quote from: ossie85 on June 16, 2015, 10:15:38 AM
Maybe Purps should set up a system where each Worlds team gets all the rucks of one AFL club.  :P

suck if you had Essendon
Poor Ringo with Belly and Giles.
At least Sinclair is playing at the moment One would have thought with all three ruck stocks were reasonable with Archie Smith developing.  just saying you think you are covered and the crap hit the fan.

meow meow

and if WXV goes to a 19 or 20 team competition...?

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on June 16, 2015, 04:30:28 PM

I don't think it was ever a serious idea. People have been playing OOP in heaps of lines so the ruck isnt any difference. 

Purple 77

Quote from: Holz on June 16, 2015, 04:50:56 PM

I don't think it was ever a serious idea. People have been playing OOP in heaps of lines so the ruck isnt any difference.

Me and oz have certainly discussed it length... I wouldn't say its not serious.

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on June 16, 2015, 05:42:57 PM
Quote from: Holz on June 16, 2015, 04:50:56 PM

Me and oz have certainly discussed it length... I wouldn't say its not serious.

hmm the logistics of it would be extremely hard to do without just redrafting.

ossie85

Holz is talking about the one-team ruck rule Purps, not the 20 team rule..

... I think

Holz

Quote from: ossie85 on June 16, 2015, 05:53:02 PM

Holz is talking about the one-team ruck rule Purps, not the 20 team rule..

... I think

correct. the 20 team rule could work, the one ruck pert team no way.

Memphistopheles

Just use my OOP ruck rule - honestly what issues do people have with it?

All the admin needs to do is recognise the ruck is OOP and then check the players height and apply the formula (which could be changed if people want).

For example this weekend with the Bombers rucks.

Say their WXV team had to use either Carlisle or Ambrose in the ruck, which would mean they would be OOP.

Jake Carlisle scored 26.

Patrick Ambrose scored 54.

Carlisle is 8cm above 190cm so his OOP ruck weighting would be 50% + (8x3) = 74%. So Carlisle scores 26 x 74% = 19.

Ambrose is 1cm above 190cm so his OOP ruck weighting would be 50% +(1x3) = 53%. So Ambrose scores 54 x 53% = 29.

Have rounded to the nearest whole number. The taller players who are placed OOP in the ruck spot score more points - it seems like a logical thing to do.

DazBurg

Quote from: Memphistopheles on June 16, 2015, 06:47:25 PM
Just use my OOP ruck rule - honestly what issues do people have with it?

All the admin needs to do is recognise the ruck is OOP and then check the players height and apply the formula (which could be changed if people want).

For example this weekend with the Bombers rucks.

Say their WXV team had to use either Carlisle or Ambrose in the ruck, which would mean they would be OOP.

Jake Carlisle scored 26.

Patrick Ambrose scored 54.

Carlisle is 8cm above 190cm so his OOP ruck weighting would be 50% + (8x3) = 74%. So Carlisle scores 26 x 74% = 19.

Ambrose is 1cm above 190cm so his OOP ruck weighting would be 50% +(1x3) = 53%. So Ambrose scores 54 x 53% = 29.

Have rounded to the nearest whole number. The taller players who are placed OOP in the ruck spot score more points - it seems like a logical thing to do.

i think it is good except for the height part it may take what seems only a few minutes to search players height but with the work Purps already does doubt he needs to be always searching player's heights weather it take 2 minutes or 10
doesn't need even more things to complicate it

plus i like the idea of it being like a strategy and like the way Ringo stipulated it

Quote from: Ringo on June 14, 2015, 05:41:29 PM
Just expanding a little further as I do not mind it:

1) We are allowed to use a maximum of 5 times per year. Do not mind if reduced to 3 though but for discussion.
2) Nominate each week you use it but the player nominated must be a minimum height of 195cm.
3) Player scores 0.75% of his score
4) Can only be used if you don not have a playing ruck on your list for that week.

or Ossman's idea

Quote from: ossie85 on June 14, 2015, 05:16:53 PM

Wondering if a 'Pinch-Hitter' ruck is needed?

I.e. each team (at the start of the year) nominated a tall player(s) (who aren't a ruckmen) to be a pinch hitter, who can fill in if a team doesn't have a ruck available. This player would score at 0.75 (instead of only 0.5 for being OOP), and can only be used if you don't have a ruck on your list?

not quite as involved as having to look up exact height to work out exact scores

plus i also think if teams have more then 1 good ruck they should cash in and trade them surely you can offer those teams a ripper deal or stop complaining at not having a ruck (injuries ofc being bad luck and cannot really be helped)

Purple 77

There's been about 2 players a week OOP in the ruck, so looking up their heights isn't a big deal, but I appreciate your concern daz  :)

I'd probably vote for the basic 0.75% on everyone though at a minimum of 193 cm, as I think 195cm is a little too tall.

Holz

posting up my preliminary European Destroyers side, feel free to say who should make it and who should be dropped.

L.Hodge, T.Mcdonald, A.Rance, C.Enright
N.Fyfe, P.Dangerfield, D.Hannebery, D.Mundy
T.Goldy
R.Gray, D.Martin, L.Dahlhaus, D.Swan
C.Ward, M.Priddis

L.Neale, L.Franklin, N.Natinui, R.Murphy

interesting note 11 players are either from Dublin or were on a Dublin list at some point.