Main Menu

WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Just expanding a little further as I do not mind it:

1) We are allowed to use a maximum of 5 times per year. Do not mind if reduced to 3 though but for discussion.
2) Nominate each week you use it but the player nominated must be a minimum height of 195cm.
3) Player scores 0.75% of his score
4) Can only be used if you don not have a playing ruck on your list for that week.

Purple 77

I'd support that, no issues here.

upthemaidens

Another option could be to add a "No Ruck strategy"  in the same way as the Fwd or Def Strategies are used. (Ruck replaced by any position player).
    **With the additional restrictions of not having a playing Ruck man available for selection.

Toga

^ That's interesting. Like the Bulldogs not playing a ruckman for a little while earlier in the season... The rule could involve something like playing a 'pinch-hitter' at 75%-100% of their score, but the opposition ruck gets a 10% bonus or something?

Just spitballing :P

Holz

Quote from: Ringo on June 14, 2015, 05:41:29 PM
Just expanding a little further as I do not mind it:

1) We are allowed to use a maximum of 5 times per year. Do not mind if reduced to 3 though but for discussion.
2) Nominate each week you use it but the player nominated must be a minimum height of 195cm.
3) Player scores 0.75% of his score
4) Can only be used if you don not have a playing ruck on your list for that week.

as someone who has very good ruck stocks i should not be in favour of this but i think its good for the comp. However i think the height thing is very important and basically must fit all criteria. would really help out dillos.

Jukes

Maybe a scale for the height?

200+ cm gets 0.90x
197-199 0.80
194-196 0.75
190+ 0.55
Under that is just OOP

Holz

Quote from: Bane on June 14, 2015, 07:53:52 PM
Maybe a scale for the height?

200+ cm gets 0.90x
197-199 0.80
194-196 0.75
190+ 0.55
Under that is just OOP

seems like alot of work for purp. maybe teams like the one with martin blicavs should spread the love around ;) i may cop alot of flack but i only have about 20 players who do anything.

Ricochet

Think it was Memph who brought this idea up originally? Not sure how long ago it was discussed, but it was pretty detailed

My Chumps

Quote from: Holz on June 14, 2015, 08:00:26 PM
maybe teams like the one with martin blicavs should spread the love around ;)
Nah probs not.

Jukes

Nic Nat > Martin + Blicavs + Goldstein ;)

elephants

Nic Nat is love, Nic Nat is life.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Ricochet on June 15, 2015, 09:45:31 AM
Think it was Memph who brought this idea up originally? Not sure how long ago it was discussed, but it was pretty detailed

I did raise this before.

An OOP Ruck Rule and you all voted it down.

I'd worked it all out as well. Here's the rundown if you're wondering:

Quote from: Memphistopheles on September 11, 2014, 05:13:52 PM
Just a thought on the OOP ruck.

I don't mind getting 50% for OOP def/mid/fwd as there are lot of these players and in theory teams should have enough depth to avoid OOP.

However, given how limited the number of rucks who actually play are the 50% score rule for an OOP ruck is a bit harsh/could be improved in my opinion.

In real life if a team has lost their ruckman they use their next tallest guy/most agile and sometimes they are quite useful.

Could we adapt this for Worlds with a new rule?

I'd suggest that the OOP ruck score would be weighted something like this. They get a certain % of their score which is higher the taller the OOP listed player is.

How about the standard 50% weighting plus and extra 3% per cm the player is above 190?

Here's a practical example with a few players, using the Bombers as an example (ignore the actual players I've just picked guys who are different heights).

OOP Ruck

Joe Daniher - (201cm). As Daniher is 11cm above 190cm his OOP ruck weighting would be 50%+(11*3=33). Which = 83%

Cale Hooker - (197cm). As Hooker is 7cm above 190cm his OOP ruck weighting would be 50%+(7*3=21). Which = 71%

Patrick Ambrose - (191cm). Ambrose is 1cm above 190cm so his OOP ruck weighting would be 50% +(1*3). Which = 53%

So then say Daniher, Hooker and Ambrose all score an even 100 points in SC in real life then as an OOP ruck Daniher scores 83 points, Hooker scores 71 points and Ambrose scores 53 points.

I don't think the rule would be difficult to police/score as most likely teams wouldn't use an OOP ruck because there still is a penalty. Daniher is close to the tallest OOP ruck option you could have had this season (although someone in British pointed out that Lachlan Keefe was taller I think).

Holz

Quote from: Bane on June 15, 2015, 02:16:46 PM

Goldy would have scored 200 against no ruckline like Nic nat faced. His score is actually pretty disappointing considering he only just edged out Goldy.

elephants

Quote from: Holz on June 15, 2015, 03:32:58 PM

Goldy would have scored 200 against no ruckline like Nic nat faced. His score is actually pretty disappointing considering he only just edged out Goldy.

One immense difference. Callum Sinclair. North don't play a second ruck, we do. NicNat probably played 65% ruck at best (missed the game) so that hurt his scoring somewhat.

Holz

Quote from: elephants on June 15, 2015, 03:39:53 PM
Quote from: Holz on June 15, 2015, 03:32:58 PM

One immense difference. Callum Sinclair. North don't play a second ruck, we do. NicNat probably played 65% ruck at best (missed the game) so that hurt his scoring somewhat.

Im not sure NN has the ability to solo ruck all season long, week in week out. That is one of the strengths of goldy he just lumbers around the ground. I can just see NN getting injured or just worn down if he tried to do it alone.