WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: My Chumps on May 23, 2015, 04:49:20 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on May 23, 2015, 01:41:22 PM
Good draft picks for next year Nige :(

Blicavs form is stunning.

I remember he was taken with the 4th last pick of the ROOKIE draft, and he was autupicked cos Maca24 didn't come on in time. He was pissed about that and got in a somewhat heated argument with CF about it.

I doubt he'd be complaining now
Crazy development. If he keeps his position, you'd say he's probably the second most valuable ruckman in Worlds right now.

isnt everyone just second to goldy anyway.

My Chumps

Quote from: Holz on May 23, 2015, 05:04:47 PM
Quote from: My Chumps on May 23, 2015, 04:49:20 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on May 23, 2015, 01:41:22 PM
Good draft picks for next year Nige :(

Blicavs form is stunning.

I remember he was taken with the 4th last pick of the ROOKIE draft, and he was autupicked cos Maca24 didn't come on in time. He was pissed about that and got in a somewhat heated argument with CF about it.

I doubt he'd be complaining now
Crazy development. If he keeps his position, you'd say he's probably the second most valuable ruckman in Worlds right now.

isnt everyone just second to goldy anyway.
Well I'd say there's Goldy > the gun youngsters in Blicavs, Grundy and potentially Hickey > the group of 27-30 year olds that average around that 100-110 mark in Jacobs, Maric, S.Martin and Mumford.
>
Nic Nat, who I thought was THE most valuable player in the comp 2/3 years ago but has stalled big time.

Purple 77

And then there's Spencer....

ossie85

Any comment meow on Will Minson? Pushed an ump!

Long fall from grace for the 2013 Sao Paulo Premiership Captain

Hellopplz

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 23, 2015, 05:35:27 PM
And then there's Spencer....
Surely you wouldn't say he's worse than Cordy? :P

Memphistopheles

Cape Town rucks > Dublin rucks ... daylight to the rest :P

Blicavs and SMartin then Longer and Peter Wright the developing kids.

Purple 77

Regarding World Idol elimination this week;

Seeing as I didn't really need to make a decision out of those criterion this week, I reckon it's a good opportunity to yet your opinion at what should be the decider, in case we get this scenario again.

So, we have:

1) Lowest on the Ladder
2) Lowest total points scored
3) Lowest score of the previous week

Thoughts?

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 25, 2015, 09:36:33 AM
Regarding World Idol elimination this week;

Seeing as I didn't really need to make a decision out of those criterion this week, I reckon it's a good opportunity to yet your opinion at what should be the decider, in case we get this scenario again.

So, we have:

1) Lowest on the Ladder
2) Lowest total points scored
3) Lowest score of the previous week

Thoughts?

Lowest total points scored.

Ringo

I feel as it is an elimination the second criteria should be total points scored as that is a true reflection for the year to date.

With the players so up and down this year the previous weeks lowest score could be screwed due to circumstances. One team may have had a blinder and the other an average one so really not fair to base on previous week.

In my opinion ladder position should be irrelevant in this section.

Nige

Lowest points scored is fair I think, Ringo made a good point.

Purple 77

I leaned towards lowest previous week score, because, as shown by Toronto recently, the eliminated team can have an abnormal shocker, and a poor team have a blinder, like Ringo points out.  These elements are in the scope of one week already in this game. So, I thought the consistent option would be expanding that scope to the previous week.

0-3-1 so far though  :P

Nige

I seriously have no idea what I did to deserve this, I want to cry, I really do. I guess all we can do is laugh though, there's no other option.

Dion Prestia likely done for the season as he'll be getting surgery on his knee.

Press f to pay respects.

elephants

Jukes

f.ucking shut up I didn't have a cry when Jaeger was ruled out for the season and Levi hasn't even played yet. Jaeger is 10 times the player prestia is and you know it

Nige

Quote from: Bane on May 25, 2015, 04:10:57 PM
f.ucking shut up I didn't have a cry when Jaeger was ruled out for the season and Levi hasn't even played yet. Jaeger is 10 times the player prestia is and you know it
Hahahaha, the difference is you still have players to field a team. We just lost our second best player and probably won't even have 15-18 next week.  :P

Also, mb on hitting modify instead of quote lel.  :-[