Main Menu

WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukes

We'll be missing Jaeger, Greenwood and Joshy Thomas for long time :/

Holz

Nick dal Santo and Hansen still out but thry might not get there spot back.

Toga

Polec joins Wines on the sidelines with a 2-month navicular injury :'(

At least Shielsy will come back in this week, and youngsters Touk Miller and Jackson Thurlow seem to be capable replacements for the time being!

roo boys!

So turns out Pendles had a shoulder reco over the summer...still averaging 120  8)

Purple 77

Quote from: roo boys! on May 16, 2015, 11:42:43 AM
So turns out Pendles had a shoulder reco over the summer...still averaging 120  8)

I still can't quite decide whether Pendles or GAJ should have been Pick 1... GAJ obviously better in the first 3 years, but long-term you'd back Pendles. But 3 Jim-Stynes medals though  :-\

roo boys!

Fanfooty has Pendles scoring 8369 points at an average of 124.91, and Ablett scoring 7728 points at an average of 133.24

So as you said Ablett has been phenomenal for the first 3 seasons but I feel Pendles 4 years younger hopefully accounts for the points difference in the long run.

To be honest you can't really go wrong with either they are superstars, and I'm still very grateful I managed to land the number 1 pick of the initial draft

Levi434

Rio average captain scores for and against

Jags                         Opponent
Round 1 VS Reindeers: G.Ablett(119x2=238) VS M.Priddis(78x2=156)

Round 2 VS Islanders: G.Ablett(87x2=174) VS M.Barlow(136x2+10%=286)

Round 3 VS Revolution: S.Jacobs(67X2=134) VS H.Bennell(84x2=168)

Round 4 VS Cobras: S.Jacobs(110x2=220) VS J.P.Kennedy(118x2=236)

Round 5 VS Magpies: S.Jacobs(62x2=144) VS P.Dangerfield(119x2=238)

Round 6 VS Spetsnaz: T.Walker(90x2=180) VS R.Gray/D.Armitage(143+134/2=139)x2 =278

Therefore plus/minuses for each round:
R1: Jags plus 82
R2: Jags minus 112
R3: Jags minus 34
R4: Jags minus 16
R5: Jags minus 94
R6: Jags minus 98

Average 22.67 x 2 = 45.33 points given up per week due to captaincy. Not a good stat! Hoping we can turn that around by the end of the season. Good thing we put the C on Sam Jacobs again this week as you can see he's been super consistent. Looks like he is in for a 68.  ::)

Purple 77

Wow, nice stats Levi! Good to see your identifying the problem with the Jaguars :P

I'm lucky I don't have to think about my Captaincy choice, Fyfe is life.

Levi434

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 16, 2015, 02:01:47 PM
Wow, nice stats Levi! Good to see your identifying the problem with the Jaguars :P

I'm lucky I don't have to think about my Captaincy choice, Fyfe is life.

Hoping Gaz can get back then Gaz is life.

roo boys!

So turns out despite me resting him last week, Swallow broke his thumb :(

Shows how fickle this game is, a few weeks ago I was sitting 2nd on the ladder and flying, now two weeks later I have Douglas, Swallow, Hendo and half my defence out and I'm not expecting to be in 2nd for long.

I guess its just hopefully a matter of staying in touch with the top 4 until I can hopefully regain a few players after the byes

Nige

I think all we can do is laugh right now.

The joke that has been going around is #NoMummyNoCairo and that was more or less expected to be what ruined our season if anything yet again.

Had a few early injuries like Hanley, Mackenzie and Hutchings as notable examples but we were still fine. In fact, trading Malceski has amazingly paid off and on-trading Mackie has basically worked out so far too.

We did make a mistake axing so much depth but it is pretty funny how literally everything that can wrong has gone wrong so far this season after our shock win over Moscow in Round 1.

Hoping for some Richmond 2014 style miracle comeback and finals berth.  :P

ossie85

Good draft picks for next year Nige :(

Blicavs form is stunning.

I remember he was taken with the 4th last pick of the ROOKIE draft, and he was autupicked cos Maca24 didn't come on in time. He was pissed about that and got in a somewhat heated argument with CF about it.

I doubt he'd be complaining now

Purple 77

Yeah, it really has been an awful year for Cairo  :-\

But... I did see it coming :P

This was the PM I sent out after your round 1 win...

Quote from: Purple 77 on April 07, 2015, 09:00:35 PM

Something to ponder...

Any revaluations on your predictions on teams this year based off round 1? Cairo out of your bottom 4 calculations? Beijing and Pacific to challenge for finals? Mexico City to crumble with the loss of Rocky and Sidebum?

But funnily enough, yeah your major trades seem like the right ones so far. Reckon Hanley being missing, particularly no longer a defender, has really hurt.

Nige

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 23, 2015, 01:44:10 PM
But funnily enough, yeah your major trades seem like the right ones so far. Reckon Hanley being missing, particularly no longer a defender, has really hurt.
The thing is that we have like zero mid depth now because apparently (I thought otherwise, likely bias) Hutchings and Dwyer are fringe. Hanley being a defender would be making things worse to be honest because that's the one line we have that seems to be fine, playing depth and all. When he comes back, the extra mid will help heaps.

I think the biggest regret was trading Rischitelli, it was personally one of the ones I debated most and it has reaaally hurt us because he's seemingly gotten better with age.

Trading Tory Dickson for pick 85 has also surprisingly burnt us and the extension of that M.White + 85 for Kommer + 53, has a little as well given White's DPP would be really helpful given out current struggles.

All our major trades really have worked out well though which is the odd bit.

My Chumps

Quote from: ossie85 on May 23, 2015, 01:41:22 PM
Good draft picks for next year Nige :(

Blicavs form is stunning.

I remember he was taken with the 4th last pick of the ROOKIE draft, and he was autupicked cos Maca24 didn't come on in time. He was pissed about that and got in a somewhat heated argument with CF about it.

I doubt he'd be complaining now
Crazy development. If he keeps his position, you'd say he's probably the second most valuable ruckman in Worlds right now.