Main Menu

WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny

Wish we had more than 4 movements. :(

RaisyDaisy

We had a couple of movements but none really significant except for Bennell which we are keeping, so I don't think we are doing any trades

I wonder if there is going to be any trades at all?

ossie85

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on December 29, 2014, 02:36:50 PM
We had a couple of movements but none really significant except for Bennell which we are keeping, so I don't think we are doing any trades

I wonder if there is going to be any trades at all?

only the one last year

meow meow

I'll struggle to resist the urge to make one more trade. Wouldn't mind another defender or midfielder.

kilbluff1985

we have McGlynn for sale for a defender or forward

kilbluff1985

we need a new coach in AXVIII Supercoach if anybody is interested

SydneyRox

Holz

SC just nerfed rucks, hurts teams with good rucks.

First mids becoming forwards, rebounding backman staying mid only mans now this. It's the world v Dublin.

Nige

Shane Mumford to still get 3 votes.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Holz on January 12, 2015, 04:12:13 PM

First mids becoming forwards, rebounding backman staying mid only mans now this. It's the world v Dublin.

Surely NDS was never going to be defender status ;) only like  #1 in defensive rebounds mate haha. Clearly not good enough.

meow meow

Probably shouldn't have traded Rocky for Gibbs and Sandi :-X

Holz

Quote from: Pkbaldy on January 12, 2015, 04:17:14 PM

Surely NDS was never going to be defender status ;) only like  #1 in defensive rebounds mate haha. Clearly not good enough.

27th in rebound in the afl. 39 of the top 40 are defenders. He takes over 50% of the kick ins.

He could be almost defender only.

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on January 12, 2015, 04:17:31 PM

Probably shouldn't have traded Rocky for Gibbs and Sandi :-X

I tried my hardest to save you meow.

It's ok you still get the same points when he is injured and retired.

ossie85

Hey guys,

Over the last few months I've found I have had less and less time to even log onto fanfooty. Work is heating up, and with a second kid coming, I just don't see this changing anytime soon.

Because I'm a 'all or nothing' kinda guy, I'm looking at stepping back from fanfooty. I'll still be around, and I'll still be participating, but I don't think I can admin anymore.

So I'll be stepping back from elxam, WXVs and i5s (yes, I know I just created it). I'll still be helping out, particularly at the beginning, but the week-to-week stuff is too much for me anymore.

Purple 77 has agree to take over the Admin side of WXVs. Check his scores for the Brewers though, I'm not sure how impartial he can be. Purps has asked me to help with trade decisions though, and I've stupidly said yes.

I've asked Nige and nrich102 to take over from the i5s, they are yet to reply, but am more than happy to help set up fixtures/stats etc to whoever does take over.

Will be hoping to grab 3 elxam volunteers (one for each comp) to take over also. So PM me if interested. It is a tough job, and takes significant time each week, so be careful when volunteering! I'll make sure to have as much as I can set up to help the incumbent though.

Oz

Purple 77

Mr.Burns' ossie85s reign of terror is over.
CROWD: Yay! And today begins my reign of [ALL GASPING] terrific management.
[ALL SIGH THEN CHATTER] - I thought he was gonna say "terror." - I didn't think he was.
Unlike Mr.Burns ossie85, I will respect you, the working-class slob because we are all equals.
And now, as I ascend this crystal staircase to my office I say, avert your gaze.

Seriously though, what ossie has done in the past 4 years being the admin of this comp is amazing. It will be an eternal struggle to keep up his standard, something which I will endeavour to do.