Main Menu

WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: upthemaidens on December 16, 2014, 08:42:57 PM
Quote from: JROO8 on December 16, 2014, 07:24:43 PM
I don't think that the top teams should be punished for being good. Plus what are the top teams meant to do? Trade all their guns to the bottom teams?

I must admit I wasn't a fan of the 30,000 cap at first, but it's not as bad as I expected. I'm happy for it to stay the same.
What's the difference between top teams being punished compared to weak teams being helped?
  Surely it's just the way you look at it, isn't it?    The same outcome is achieved.

not really.

the weak team being helped is aimed to lift up the bottom clubs to the middle of the pack.

the strong teams being hurt is aimed to pull back the top clubs towards the middle of the pack.

so if you just do the first one than some teams will be stronger than others but you don't have any really bad teams if equalisation works. the latter is basically aiming for all 18 teams to be even.

so its a completely different way of approaching it. Worlds seems to want to go down the second route. Where in the Euro I only help the bottom clubs by giving them priority picks, strong rookie draft and make sure the bottom teams either have experienced coaches or I give advice on rebuilding.

Either way is fine but its about what your trying to do, so im fine with either. Ossie does a great Job and wanting a even comp right through is fine by me.

upthemaidens

Quote from: Holz on December 16, 2014, 08:46:23 PM
Quote from: upthemaidens on December 16, 2014, 08:42:57 PM
Quote from: JROO8 on December 16, 2014, 07:24:43 PM
I don't think that the top teams should be punished for being good. Plus what are the top teams meant to do? Trade all their guns to the bottom teams?

I must admit I wasn't a fan of the 30,000 cap at first, but it's not as bad as I expected. I'm happy for it to stay the same.
What's the difference between top teams being punished compared to weak teams being helped?
  Surely it's just the way you look at it, isn't it?    The same outcome is achieved.

not really.

the weak team being helped is aimed to lift up the bottom clubs to the middle of the pack.

the strong teams being hurt is aimed to pull back the top clubs towards the middle of the pack.

so if you just do the first one than some teams will be stronger than others but you don't have any really bad teams if equalisation works. the latter is basically aiming for all 18 teams to be even.
Well isn't that what is wanted? All teams, any given season have a shot.

RaisyDaisy

Seems like so many ideas keep getting thrown around with the initial thought of evening up the comp

It's not going to happen. Look at any competition in the world, there is always better teams, and teams that struggle

This comp, over years gives all teams a chance to turn around and build up if a capable coach is at the helm

I like the comp just the way it is

ossie85

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on December 16, 2014, 08:56:36 PM
Seems like so many ideas keep getting thrown around with the initial thought of evening up the comp

It's not going to happen. Look at any competition in the world, there is always better teams, and teams that struggle

This comp, over years gives all teams a chance to turn around and build up if a capable coach is at the helm

I like the comp just the way it is

I don't want the comp to be even, I just want any team to have a realistic chance of beating any other team on any given week. That chance only needs to be 5% or so, but some games are foregone conclusions.

Vinny

I like trading of future picks.

Hellopplz

Quote from: Toga on December 16, 2014, 04:25:07 PM
Quote from: Holz on December 16, 2014, 03:37:21 PM
didn't see PNL lose any of their top guns for picks.
PNL did trade Jaensch (+ Shenton and Clay Smith) for Nat 5 ;)
Holz looks at things that prove his point so ofc didn't notice that ;). I rate Clay highly, just had a bad run of injuries and Shenton came into his own this season 8). I also traded Grundy (ready-made back) + Corr for Morabito to New York. Harder to trade with bottom teams but it's possible if working at it. And PNL had/have too much depth but I like it that way >:D.

Toga

Quote from: Ricochet on December 16, 2014, 08:25:11 PM
Its more that 90% of top teams trades/offers are to improve their starting side. So using depth players to get a better player off the bottom teams. Thats why it looks like lesser teams dont like older players. if its the other way round (good depth for two lesser depth/picks) then the middle/bottom teams will jump at your good depth. The lower the max cap the more top teams will have to do that

I can't agree anymore with this!

Holz

Quote from: Hellopplz on December 16, 2014, 09:31:20 PM
Quote from: Toga on December 16, 2014, 04:25:07 PM
Quote from: Holz on December 16, 2014, 03:37:21 PM
didn't see PNL lose any of their top guns for picks.
PNL did trade Jaensch (+ Shenton and Clay Smith) for Nat 5 ;)
Holz looks at things that prove his point so ofc didn't notice that ;). I rate Clay highly, just had a bad run of injuries and Shenton came into his own this season 8). I also traded Grundy (ready-made back) + Corr for Morabito to New York. Harder to trade with bottom teams but it's possible if working at it. And PNL had/have too much depth but I like it that way >:D.

Jaensch not a top gun.

Sorry should have said PNL ripped off one weak team ;)

Jroo

So Boomer keeps DPP and NDS doesn't get it. Holz isn't going to be happy lol...

ossie85

Quote from: JROO8 on December 18, 2014, 02:14:40 PM
So Boomer keeps DPP and NDS doesn't get it. Holz isn't going to be happy lol...

Holz probably slept with the Champion Data guys wife

Ricochet

Confirmed by superfooty and virtual sports today

Swan fwd/mid
Goddard fwd/mid
Deledio fwd/mid
Ziebell fwd/mid
HBennell fwd/mid
DThomas fwd/mid
Cooney fwd/mid
Ryder ruck.fwd
Bellchambers ruck/fwd
Harbrow def/mid
Karkouer mid/fwd
Petracca fwd/mid
Laverde fwd/mid
HGoddard def/fwd
Durdin def/ruck
Lambert fwd/mid
Duncan mid only
BEllis mid only
NDS is a mid only
KStevens a mid/fwd
JThomas a mid/fwd
CBird a mid/fwd
TAdams mid/fwd
MRobbo mid/fwd
Zaha mid only
Hunt mid only
CPearce def/mid
Duncan mid only
McGlynn mid only
Danger mid only
SMitchell mid only
PHanley mid only
Bartel fwd only
LParker mid only
JMcVeigh mid only
DSwallow mid only
SMartin ruck only
Wingard forward only
LTaylor forward only
Caddy mid only
LMcDonald def only

roo boys!

All good news for Toronto there with Ziebell, Ryder and Robbo hopefully making up 3 of my starting forwards next year!

Is that the complete list of those who have gained/lost DPP? If so it looks as though I may be able to play Pedo and Hendo as  defenders again! Bit of a shock if that's the case.

Ricochet

Quote from: roo boys! on December 18, 2014, 05:03:14 PM
All good news for Toronto there with Ziebell, Ryder and Robbo hopefully making up 3 of my starting forwards next year!

Is that the complete list of those who have gained/lost DPP? If so it looks as though I may be able to play Pedo and Hendo as  defenders again! Bit of a shock if that's the case.
Nah not all mate. Just a few leaked today. SC Gold opens next week

Jroo

Quote from: roo boys! on December 18, 2014, 05:03:14 PM

You guys were lucky!

Nope not the complete list. Rest will revealed next week.

ossie85

Cheers Rico!

Couple of big kicks in the teeth for some clubs. Can't imagine Seoul wanted to lose Danger AND Swallow to the mids, or London losing McVeigh defender status. Bunch of others also...