Main Menu

WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellopplz

Not a big fan of that. As could just mean more quality players for top teams while just depth guys for lower teams (53 players but maybe just a handful of fantasy players). More likely for somebody to come good with 53 on there, but there are always flaws to caps and stuff.

Ricochet

Yeh I like the points cap (actually think the maximum could come down further :P)

Toga

I don't mind the points cap at all either :)

JBs-Hawks

Points cap is good as is :)

If anything could raise minimum slightly :P

ossie85

Quote from: Ricochet on December 16, 2014, 02:46:44 PM
Yeh I like the points cap (actually think the maximum could come down further :P)

Quote from: Toga on December 16, 2014, 02:47:25 PM
I don't mind the points cap at all either :)

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on December 16, 2014, 02:53:23 PM
Points cap is good as is :)

If anything could raise minimum slightly :P

God I get so much lip about the points cap, I forgot people actually liked it!

Min's already too low IMO :P

Toga

Haha it's interesting some love it, some hate it Oz. Can't please everybody!

Boomz

All for future picks if only one year ahead.

Holz

you know my opinion on the point cap, I think its bad for the comp and actually benefits the very top teams.

In terms of a player cap instead than I have no issue with weaker teams being able to have more players on their list but top teams should not have that much fewer.

not sure its possible as we might run out of players.

something like top 4, only 38
5-8 41 players
9-14 44 players
5-18 47 players

for the record im against trading future picks aswell, as long as the point cap is in play. 

Toga

Why do you think it benefits the top teams Holz? Just out of curiosity :)

Ricochet

Quote from: Toga on December 16, 2014, 03:03:16 PM
Yeh its surely decreases quality depth of top teams? and gives more depth to poorer teams to trade with

kilbluff1985

points cap wouldn't be needed if the current trade approval system wasn't so flawed

Ossie should be approving trades by himself he can look at teams see if they can afford to lose player a or player b and look at reasons to trade to see if they make sense

like if a team rebuilding got offered NAT 1 for an old player like Jordan Lewis or whoever and cant do it cause of minimum caps it's crazy when it's in the best interest of the team to do it no point doing a half arsed job rebuilding

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on December 16, 2014, 03:05:20 PM
Quote from: Toga on December 16, 2014, 03:03:16 PM
Yeh its surely decreases quality depth of top teams? and gives more depth to poorer teams to trade with

its good for that but it certainly makes a gap between the good teams and the elite teams.

I can go into this in a lot more detail but essentially it comes down to this.

If every team is capped at 30k points than yes on paper the top teams should be equal. However using Dublin as an example because my list is soo strong in quality of players I have much more than 30k worth of value in my team. Therefore I can trade my list to make a really young 30k team which will be the very best it can be for years i.e. 30k. Now teams wanting to compete with Dublin will also need to get to 30k but their list at 30k will be of lower quality e.g. older players.

Teams are unable to go fully old and overtake me as they are capped at 30k. So im allowed to have the most dominant team possible 30k while just keep building a younger and better list and the cap lets me do that. So say at the end of the year Im at 35k as my list is young and improves, I simply just trade a few guys out for quality rookies and im back at 30k with another super strong list. 

Yes it means elite teams will have competition each year but it means top teams can be top 4 for a long period of time as there is no need to keep improving my scoring output as im already there.

Caps can always be manipulated at the strongest lists are most able to do so.

Im all for helping bottom teams but im not sure capping the top is a good idea.

saying this, its just one persons opinion so happy to go with Ossie and/or the majority. I see equalisation differently coming from another comp im more about having a free system and than just helping the bottom teams with advice. that's why in the euro I took over the weakest team and why im trying to help the dillos rebuild.

Ricochet

Yeh but every year (if your players keep improving) you will have to trade down from 35k to 30k (for arguments sake) and each year the bottom teams will be able to have more depth/ammo that the top teams for trading in quality players. There will always be better traders than others, but if you can give the bottom teams more ammo/depth to trade with and the top teams less, it should bring the comp closer together eventually

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on December 16, 2014, 03:23:29 PM
Yeh but every year (if your players keep improving) you will have to trade down from 35k to 30k (for arguments sake) and each year the bottom teams will be able to have more depth/ammo that the top teams for trading in quality players. There will always be better traders than others, but if you can give the bottom teams more ammo/depth to trade with and the top teams less, it should bring the comp closer together eventually

it possibly helps the bottom clubs if those are the people the top teams trade with, but primarily this doesn't happen. I think a majority of my trading was with the teams inside the top 8 and that seemed the way with the other top teams.

for example this trade.  Sandi + Gibbs for Rocky. that trade helps Jroo under the cap (while I say improving his list). I didn't see much of trading away guns for picks to help the weak clubs.

Hellopplz

PNL (Iceland in Euros) trade with bottom teams, Holz's teams do not, it's just how he is :P.