Main Menu

WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on November 26, 2014, 05:23:08 PM
I still don't see why we can't start straight away. Nobody is going to pass their first and 2nd round picks.

agree with this, starting a little earlier means we have even longer to draft which will really help with people going away and being inactive.

Also I have no early picks so it will be a long long wait till my pick, so wouldn't mind it starting earlier ;P

AaronKirk

Quote from: Winnie the Pooh on November 26, 2014, 05:28:25 PM
Quote from: meow meow on November 26, 2014, 05:23:08 PM
I still don't see why we can't start straight away. Nobody is going to pass their first and 2nd round picks.

agree with this, starting a little earlier means we have even longer to draft which will really help with people going away and being inactive.

Also I have no early picks so it will be a long long wait till my pick, so wouldn't mind it starting earlier ;P

Agreed.

Earlier the better.

I'll be away from home and not on here too much from December 18 to January 1

Nige

I think the idea of at least getting it started and potentially getting through as much as we can is best. If the last half of the draft drags on into late December/January, so be it, but I think it's better than starting it in the new year.

Vinny

So what you reckon Ossie, get the draft rolling in the next couple days?

ossie85

Quote from: Vinny on November 27, 2014, 02:45:21 PM

Nope, still a couple of weeks at least I think. AFL lists yet to be finalised, and I'm not ready to be honest

Am thinking about trying to create a Draft Night though - I know its unlikely, but if we could get all 18 clubs to commit to being around at a certain night, I think it could be a great time.

meow meow

Quote from: ossie85 on November 27, 2014, 03:17:14 PM
Quote from: Vinny on November 27, 2014, 02:45:21 PM

Nope, still a couple of weeks at least I think. AFL lists yet to be finalised, and I'm not ready to be honest

Am thinking about trying to create a Draft Night though - I know its unlikely, but if we could get all 18 clubs to commit to being around at a certain night, I think it could be a great time.

Is there any reason why we can't get the first 2 rounds done? Or at least the first 30 picks. I know what you're saying about AFL list not being finalised, but that won't make any difference early. I've got McKernan on my list and he might not get picked up. That's not going to make any difference to the first 2 rounds though. It's not like I am going to pass pick 25 then want it back if McKernan doesn't get picked up and I get a 6th round pick instead.

I'm not being a whinger, just wondering why it's not possible. You wouldn't have to do anything extra in the meantime.

Nige

I agree with meow. At the very least get the first two rounds done, there shouldn't be any non-National draftees picked in like the first 40ish picks given how good the draft is, and as meow said, there's no extra work involved.

ossie85

Gotta be honest, the main reason there's a delay is because I haven't had the time to process all the list changes yet and work out who's available

Would people be keen for a big draft night though?

Vinny

I just figured that as soon as Decemeber starts, many are going to start going on holiday/spend time with ther families, making it even more difficult. I'm not going to be able to make any sort of draft night after Decemeber 7th. Definitely won't be around during Christmas/New Years either.

As good as it sounds, I reckon there is 0 chance of getting all 18 clubs present even for a night during that time of year.

JBs-Hawks

Its worked every other year.

And we cant just do the first 30 picks before final delistings are in, Paparone went at 33 last year after getting the axe. so if any decent players get delisted someone in the top 30 might want to pick them up.

Nige

Quote from: Vinny on November 27, 2014, 03:32:54 PM
I just figured that as soon as Decemeber starts, many are going to start going on holiday/spend time with ther families, making it even more difficult. I'm not going to be able to make any sort of draft night after Decemeber 7th. Definitely won't be around during Christmas/New Years either.

As good as it sounds, I reckon there is 0 chance of getting all 18 clubs present even for a night during that time of year.
You've got Nails as a co-coach and nrich is still assistant right? Are you guys not in contact at all?

ossie85

Understand people want this going straight away.... but we will have months of basically no activity in Jan-Feb-March anyway, so think we can be a bit patient.

Side note - anyone know a good sight that has the most uptodate lists for AFL teams? The AFL website is a minefield of crap.

Master Q

Why split the draft in half? Do it all at once like every other draft in every other comp.

Holz

Quote from: ossie85 on November 27, 2014, 03:32:41 PM

Gotta be honest, the main reason there's a delay is because I haven't had the time to process all the list changes yet and work out who's available

Would people be keen for a big draft night though?

very keen for a big draft night, unfortunately I think you will get 14 teams turn up and get held up with the one team.

just a plug for the Euro, if you want to see drafting we start 11:59PM AEST time tonight.

Vinny

Quote from: ossie85 on November 27, 2014, 03:42:57 PM

Understand people want this going straight away.... but we will have months of basically no activity in Jan-Feb-March anyway, so think we can be a bit patient.

Side note - anyone know a good sight that has the most uptodate lists for AFL teams? The AFL website is a minefield of crap.
Footy wire is up to date but might be a bit difficult to extract the data.