Main Menu

WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Levis has done a very good job, bit of a dark horse!

Vinny

Quote from: Holz on November 17, 2014, 08:13:12 PM
Quote from: Vinny on November 17, 2014, 08:11:13 PM
I think Rio are a major threat too. They are the 4th best team IMO after Dublin, Mexico and PNL.

Def: A. Walker, B. Houli, A. Mackie, B. Waters
Mid: G. Ablett, M. Murphy, D. Zaharakis, S. Hill
Ruck: S. Jacobs
Fwd: T. Walker, J. Riewoldt, M. Wright, P. Chapman
Interchange: B. Vince, K. Cornes

Pretty good depth too. Levis has done well.

wow that's pretty impressive, any team with Ablett is a threat but they are decent all round. A lot will depend if that backline can remain fit.
Yep, they got a solid 85 average Harwood to cover in defence. As well as Elliot Yeo. Then up forward Lewy Taylor, David Hale and Mitch Clark.

roo boys!

Agreed, both of the new teams (assuming meow drafts as well as we expect him to) have done quite well for themselves I reckon

RaisyDaisy

Def not getting ahead of myself or setting up unrealistic expectations, but I think Dublin and Mexico are the teams to beat, with PNL 3rd in line, but I think we can push for 4th if things go our way

B: Heath Shaw, Josh Gibson, Paul Duffield, Jed Adcock
C: Steve Johnson, Tom Liberatore, Mitch Duncan, Jack Macrae
R: Mike Pyke
F: Travis Cloke, Harley Bennell, Kurt Tippett, Josh J Kennedy
U: Leigh Montagna, Sam Fisher

Jroo

Quote from: Holz on November 17, 2014, 08:13:12 PM
Quote from: Vinny on November 17, 2014, 08:11:13 PM
I think Rio are a major threat too. They are the 4th best team IMO after Dublin, Mexico and PNL.

Def: A. Walker, B. Houli, A. Mackie, B. Waters
Mid: G. Ablett, M. Murphy, D. Zaharakis, S. Hill
Ruck: S. Jacobs
Fwd: T. Walker, J. Riewoldt, M. Wright, P. Chapman
Interchange: B. Vince, K. Cornes

Pretty good depth too. Levis has done well.

wow that's pretty impressive, any team with Ablett is a threat but they are decent all round. A lot will depend if that backline can remain fit.
Yep, you basically summed it up. Any team with Ablett is dangerous.
A few older guys that I'm unsure about, like Cornes, Chappy and Waters, but solid team overall.

I think NY will be up there too.

As Holz said, I expect it to be close next season. Dublin deserve to be favourites, but there's a few contenders.

Vinny

Dildos with the late charge to take out the flag. Especially with our permanent captain Matt Crouch. Lock it in.

Master Q

roo boys!

Toronto for a fourth straight season of making the bottom half of the 8 and not doing any damage.

Here's to mediocrity!

Nige

If the pattern holds true, which it will because my supreme confidence in these types of thing always works out... we'll finish top 8 in 2015. We'll probably somehow go one better than in 2013 and somehow make the prelim only to be ridiculously uncompetitive.  :P

GoLions

Quote from: Nige on November 17, 2014, 10:17:35 PM
If the pattern holds true, which it will because my supreme confidence in these types of thing always works out... we'll finish top 8 in 2015. We'll probably somehow go one better than in 2013 and somehow make the prelim only to be ridiculously uncompetitive.  :P
We'll get ANAL though - Awesome Nicknames Advantage, Losers! (See here)

Nige

Quote from: GoLions on November 17, 2014, 10:29:26 PM
Quote from: Nige on November 17, 2014, 10:17:35 PM
We'll get ANAL though - Awesome Nicknames Advantage, Losers! (See here)
Hehe.  8)

Purple 77

Been 16th, 4th and then 10th... not a clue where this pattern is going  :-\

Memphistopheles

Rule out Cape Town and their ultra consistent captain in JPK at your peril... 8)

Ricochet

DEF: Zac Dawson (C)
MID:
RUCK:
FWD:

#Premiers

ossie85

Quote from: Purple 77 on November 18, 2014, 10:30:03 AM
Been 16th, 4th and then 10th... not a clue where this pattern is going  :-\

Much more consistent in the European Premiership, where you've come (out of 5), 5th, 5th and 5th :P

Loved in 2013 = 5th in Europe, 4th in the World!