Main Menu

WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

am i he only one that thinks only trading for DPP changes in the 2nd trade period is really silly?

for starters it's easy to make up reasons for needing a player even though Ossie has to approve it but still easy

nothing like AFL trading and everyone wants it to be as close to AFL as possible

imo i think we should just have limited trade movements and make it one for one trades for list sizes in the 2nd period

Master Q

There are limited movements iirc... could easily be wrong.

You don't trade if you don't want to kb, it's no big deal IMO  :-X

Vinny

Cheers guys, happy for it to be official. :)

Quote from: Master Q on November 11, 2014, 09:32:23 PM
You don't trade if you don't want to kb, it's no big deal IMO  :-X

kilbluff1985

Just find it silly sorry for posting ::)

Vinny

Didn't say you couldn't post haha, settle. Just disagree, that's allowed right? :P

kilbluff1985

Just the way Q worded it is pretty hostile when I was just seeing if anybody thought the same

Vinny

Oh right. Well I didn't mean it that way at least haha.

Memphistopheles

I'd be in favour of having a set number of trades (say max of 5) or capping the number of players you can trade in/out in the second period rather than having to make it about players losing/changing dpp.

What's the criteria for that anyway. Can we argue that because Player A lost Def status or didn't get fwd status we need to find a replacement for him?

Or do the players that didn't get dpp, lost a position or got dpp have to be included in the trade?'

I mean every team is probably going to have at least one player change positions on them.

ossie85

Quote from: Memphistopheles on November 12, 2014, 11:21:44 AM
I'd be in favour of having a set number of trades (say max of 5) or capping the number of players you can trade in/out in the second period rather than having to make it about players losing/changing dpp.

What's the criteria for that anyway. Can we argue that because Player A lost Def status or didn't get fwd status we need to find a replacement for him?

Or do the players that didn't get dpp, lost a position or got dpp have to be included in the trade?'

I mean every team is probably going to have at least one player change positions on them.

Yes, the criteria for DPP changes is pretty soft. So when you say this:

QuoteWhat's the criteria for that anyway. Can we argue that because Player A lost Def status or didn't get fwd status we need to find a replacement for him?

You can argue that. And only one party has to be involved.

But the real restrictions are you can only have FOUR player movements that period, and they have to be 1 for 1, 2 for 2, 3 for 3 or 4 for 4.

Last couple of times have been pretty quiet.

Toga

Just out of interest do we have a rough idea of when we're going to be starting the nat draft Oz? I know it's a while away, but just wondering how long after the AFL draft (Nov 27) we might start, just due to personal commitments etc. :)

Vinny

Yeah similar for me, right after the draft would be good. I won't be around as much at all after December 7th. :-\

ossie85

Quote from: Toga on November 12, 2014, 11:31:38 AM
Just out of interest do we have a rough idea of when we're going to be starting the nat draft Oz? I know it's a while away, but just wondering how long after the AFL draft (Nov 27) we might start, just due to personal commitments etc. :)

sorry been very slack, will wait, but prefer until AFL lists are finalised so we know who is available

Toga

Yeah no worries Oz, got plenty of time just thought I'd ask whether any plans had been made yet :)

Ricochet

Quote from: The BeDazzler on November 11, 2014, 07:35:59 PM
if all trades pass then our starting lineup will be

Backs: Luke Hodge, Nick Malceski, Corey Enright, Jarrod Harbrow
Mids: Matt Priddis, Nathan Jones, Dylan Shiel, Dane Swan
Rucks: Matthew Lobbe
Fwds: Chad Wingard, Justin Westhoff, Cyril Rioli, Tom. T. Lynch
UTL: Daniel Rich, David Myers
Nice team guys. Have done very well

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on November 12, 2014, 12:41:43 PM
Quote from: The BeDazzler on November 11, 2014, 07:35:59 PM
if all trades pass then our starting lineup will be

Backs: Luke Hodge, Nick Malceski, Corey Enright, Jarrod Harbrow
Mids: Matt Priddis, Nathan Jones, Dylan Shiel, Dane Swan
Rucks: Matthew Lobbe
Fwds: Chad Wingard, Justin Westhoff, Cyril Rioli, Tom. T. Lynch
UTL: Daniel Rich, David Myers
Nice team guys. Have done very well
I agree. The team looks even better than last season, they've added Hodge, Malceski and Swan while barely losing anybody from the best XV.