Main Menu

WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

And with 13 of the 18 coaches having voted, I'm glad to announce that MEMPHIS is now an official co-coach of Cape Town.

He has 11 'yay' votes, and 2 coaches who forgot to vote one way or the other. I'd call that unanimous

Ricochet

Congrats Memph, well done mate

Memphistopheles

Quote from: ossie85 on October 21, 2014, 02:08:04 PM

And with 13 of the 18 coaches having voted, I'm glad to announce that MEMPHIS is now an official co-coach of Cape Town.

He has 11 'yay' votes, and 2 coaches who forgot to vote one way or the other. I'd call that unanimous

YAY!

Thanks guys - not much changes really but it's good to be recognised.

Now it's time to get the #CTC2015 trending  :D Or maybe #Cobras16 is more realistic :P or just #CobraStrike

AaronKirk

Well done Memph, I'd go with #CobraStrike

FS

I would like to become an assistant

Ringo

Can not bother going back through the archives but do we have a date for delistments and what happens if we have more than 5 vacancies on our list after de-listing do we have additional draft rounds.

Nige

Quote from: Ringo on October 31, 2014, 12:38:14 PM
Can not bother going back through the archives but do we have a date for delistments and what happens if we have more than 5 vacancies on our list after de-listing do we have additional draft rounds.
Yep, there are additional rounds.

Ricochet

Another trade for NDT takes us up to 15 for the off season... trying to catch New York :P

Jroo

Quote from: Ricochet on October 31, 2014, 12:45:01 PM
Another trade for NDT takes us up to 15 for the off season... trying to catch New York :P
Not bad, 17 for us, with two more pending and one that was rejected.
How many do NY have  :o

Ricochet

Quote from: JROO8 on October 31, 2014, 12:49:18 PM
like 19 or 20 i think

ossie85

I've been slack with date announcements sorry guys, will put it on top of the list.

And yeah, additional rounds like previous seasons

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on October 31, 2014, 12:51:27 PM
like 19 or 20 i think

Dublin has done the most trades if you count all my rejected ones, which is a lot.

Jroo

Quote from: Holz on October 31, 2014, 01:13:05 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 31, 2014, 12:51:27 PM
like 19 or 20 i think

Dublin has done the most trades if you count all my rejected ones, which is a lot.
You've only done like 15, I think.

meow meow

I like to come up with some left field ideas and I've got another one.

I reckon it might be interesting if we could nominate some of our players to be included in the available selections at the draft.

For example, I nominate Ryan Lester to be available in the draft pool.
Let's say a team picks him at #15.
I would then have the option of accepting the pick, then taking it if I choose to accept. The only downside is the draft would have to pause momentarily after every pick like this.

The team that selected him might not have wanted to trade him in during the trade period, but once the draft started all the good mids were taken and there wasn't anyone else available at pick 15. I think this would work pretty well with spud players too. If nobody else takes your players you are stuck with them.

Players could be withdrawn at any time. Let's say it gets to pick 20 and I decide that Lester was worth more than that, I could say he is no longer available to be selected and withdraw him from the draft pool.

Thoughts?

Purple 77

Well, seeing as my first draft pick is 84, I feel that this is relevant to me  :P

I actually kind of like it, there would be no harm done if no one, in this case, pick Lester either. meow would just keep him.

The stop-start of the draft would be annoying, but we are in no rush either.