Main Menu

WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

I'm going to keep pushing for 18 teams (if anything I'd like to eventually move to 20 :P )

Nails

I personally feel the Dublin vs Dildos competition that was suggested a few days ago is the best way forward.

roo boys!

Quote from: ossie85 on September 30, 2014, 10:50:51 AM

I'm going to keep pushing for 18 teams (if anything I'd like to eventually move to 20 :P )
I've got a unique idea, you might not agree with it Oz but I think it would be very popular with all the coaches of the competition. Don't think it's been rasied yet, 20 teams in a two-tier comp.

:P

Torpedo10

Quote from: roo boys! on September 30, 2014, 10:58:01 AM
Quote from: ossie85 on September 30, 2014, 10:50:51 AM

I've got a unique idea, you might not agree with it Oz but I think it would be very popular with all the coaches of the competition. Don't think it's been rasied yet, 20 teams in a two-tier comp.

:P
Totally.  :P

Jay

16 teams would solve the equalisation issue.

Nails

36 teams

Each team fielding 7 players

2 mids, 2 forwards, 2 defenders and 1 ruck.

dere u go, problem solved.

kilbluff1985

ban nails from having ideas

Ringo

Like the idea of just letting the new coaches pick from both teams - Coin toss no doubt will decide who gets Ablett but rest should be straight forward,

If we are to go to 20 teams there is insufficient players in the AFL to allow full 45 players roster, So to work teams would need to reduce playing lists to say 36 and 4 rookies. Would the allow you 2 Tier competition with promotion and relegation. Think with 24 Rounds in the AFL would allow 18 weeks for a full home and away 2 rounds followed by finals series. Problem as I see atm though would need 4 new coaches but worth considering.

Speaking from British where we just reduced to 16 teams and very early stages atm sorting out draw and finals to fit in with 24 rounds is not going to be easy but that is for British to sort out. Just saying here for those that think comp should be reduced to 16 teams.

Ricochet

Quote from: Ringo on September 30, 2014, 12:26:24 PM
Speaking from British where we just reduced to 16 teams and very early stages atm sorting out draw and finals to fit in with 24 rounds is not going to be easy but that is for British to sort out. Just saying here for those that think comp should be reduced to 16 teams.
Why's it an issue? Some teams just play each other twice. Happens in real life and works in Asians also.

ossie85

I absolutely hate how in the AFL some teams play each other twice and others don't. It is crazy, and they need to address it.

Ringo

Oss beat me to it Richo Not a fan  of some teams playing each other twice and some once.  Although AFL does it creates an uneven draw which I do not like.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Ringo on September 30, 2014, 01:22:21 PM
Oss beat me to it Richo Not a fan  of some teams playing each other twice and some once.  Although AFL does it creates an uneven draw which I do not like.

I agree. Play each team once and you should be fine.

This works especially well in the XVs competition when we need some of the regular season rounds to complete our season (finals).

I'm not against 20 teams either but it would be tricky to manage - I think having 18 is fine though.

Ringo

Torpedo10

The AFL Home & Away season isn't a Draw, it's a Fixture. It's ruined the evenness of the game in some ways.

Master Q

Quote from: Torpedo10 on September 30, 2014, 02:55:53 PM
The AFL Home & Away season isn't a Draw, it's a Fixture. It's ruined the evenness of the game in some ways.
Gee, that's a big call.