Main Menu

WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

I'd say no snake if before trading period

but as some teams are significantly stronger - NYR for example and some significantly weaker - dildos

I think picking off ladder order would rek it.

Holz

Maybe average out the last 3 years positions.

so Dublin 18 + 9 + 1 so give me the 10th best pick.

seems fair.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Holz on September 30, 2014, 12:35:27 AM

seems fair.
Just let Ossie decide order if that, he can objectively look at the team lists and say which is weakest/strongest. Cause Dublin don't even need a pick ;).

MajorLazer

Yep. Like the idea of Os doing it.

Nails

Dublin get 0 picks but their trade with dildos gets put through.

Holz

Quote from: Hellopplz on September 30, 2014, 12:58:25 AM
Quote from: Holz on September 30, 2014, 12:35:27 AM

seems fair.
Just let Ossie decide order if that, he can objectively look at the team lists and say which is weakest/strongest. Cause Dublin don't even need a pick ;).

what are you talking about I have Daniel Wells and DavidMundy on my interchange bench than nothing in the mids. I need Ablett.

ossie85

Nope just heard about pothead now!

Changes everything :/

I'd still want 18 teams... Think it works better. Thoughts from others?

DazBurg

Quote from: ossie85 on September 30, 2014, 07:46:03 AM
Nope just heard about pothead now!

Changes everything :/

I'd still want 18 teams... Think it works better. Thoughts from others?
i personally like 18 as well it models on the AFL perfectly

and for equalization well as Holz just posted Dublin have gone 18th into 9th into premiers so shows it can be done imo

ossie85

How about the Rio de Janeiro Jaguars and Christchurch Saints pick squads from all the Sao Paulo and Wellington players?

And we just keep the rest as normal

kilbluff1985

Quote from: ossie85 on September 30, 2014, 07:58:50 AM
How about the Rio de Janeiro Jaguars and Christchurch Saints pick squads from all the Sao Paulo and Wellington players?

with the ability to trade picks? :o ;)

you would obviously have to be strict approving trades like making sure they are getting Best XV players in return for early picks but gives coaches a chance to pick and choose the team more

Purple 77

This is what I would prefer personally. I think it appropriate to retire the Pumas and Weta Warriors as they have been coaches for 3 years, and create two new teams out of those players. 18 team model is what I would vote for.

Torpedo10

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 30, 2014, 08:32:23 AM

This is what I would prefer personally. I think it appropriate to retire the Pumas and Weta Warriors as they have been coaches for 3 years, and create two new teams out of those players. 18 team model is what I would vote for.
This might be the best option from here.

ossie85

Guys if anyone else is thinking of resigning, now'd be the time to do it

Ricochet

Would rather 18 but think 16 is better for more equal best 15s. Means the lesser teams field a 90-100+ player over a 50ave Player while the top teams may only gain 10-20pts

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on September 30, 2014, 08:46:14 AM
Would rather 18 but think 16 is better for more equal best 15s. Means the lesser teams field a 90-100+ player over a 50ave Player while the top teams may only gain 10-20pts
Totally agree. As far as equalisation the comp goes, 16 teams is better.

Although, this still doesn't help teams like Beijing who are still evidently struggling.