Main Menu

WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphistopheles

Dislike this idea.

Retiring the team is ok but replace it with a new team with all these players or completely fold the team and have a draft for their players as British XVs have done this off season. But, that means another team needs to fold as having an uneven amount of teams doesn't work.

Perhaps if we'd known in advance if the offseason it was going to happen. But, not now all these trades have already been done.

For example if the twist is the new coach gets to pick 1 player from all the other teams to replace those being taken and they took Martin from us then we are screwed because we have already traded Z Smith.

ossie85

You wouldn't be locked into anything

no players will get poached

Jay

This would solve some of the equalisation issues for sure!

AaronKirk

I'm not too fussed imo. disbanding the team and having a draft for Sao Paolo players is definitely an exciting option.

Could help even up the comp so I am for it.

Justin Bieber

Interesting idea.... Really depends what this twist is as others say as if drafts and stuff are done, and there is no poaching, I have no idea what it could be unless it's like future draft picks or something.

But yeah, alot of thinking to go into it if disbanding the team and restarting a new one.

elephants

Quote from: Ringo on September 29, 2014, 05:13:41 PM
Personally I would rather see the Pumas retired with all players transferred to the new franchise and a new coach.  Much more palatable although given that we do not know the twist.

Just do not see you can rape a team of their 17 best players and hope for them to be competitive without concessions which is obviously the twist.

Also what happens to trades completed so far by Pumas.

So in summary feel it is messy to disband a  team in the middle of trade season and then through in a twist hence my suggestion for a relocation aka South Melbourne to a new franchise and in South Melbournes case the Sydney Swans.

Woah, Ringo said the 'r' word...

Justin Bieber

I am pretty sure I've warned others for using that word on the forum, so here is a warning Ringo! Careful next time ;).

CrowsFan

Wow you don't have to retire the Pumas just because I am gone! Very touching though! Great that the new team (if it happens) will already have a logo :)

Nails

not poached? hmmm

I was thinking the twist would be

Team with pick 1 - jaguars can pick anyone from their team, just as team with pick 1 could pick anyone

Team with pick 2 - they get 1 safe player and jaguars can pick anyone other than them... just how team 2 could pick anyone except the safe player

Team 17 - they're allowed to allocate 16 safe players - jaguars can pick anyone outside this 16.

So like obviously team 17 gets to pick the 17th best player from Jaguars - therefore Jaguars can pick 17th best player from their squad.

I thought this might have been the "twist" but ossie said no poaching. Unless safe players = not poaching?

RaisyDaisy

Nice theory Nails - could be on the money

No poaching but dismantling the Pumas

We need to know what the Twist is, otherwise I dont think we will get a definitive answer on this idea

Nige

Quote from: Nails on September 29, 2014, 07:01:03 PM
not poached? hmmm

Team with pick 1 - jaguars can pick anyone from their team, just as team with pick 1 could pick anyone

Team with pick 2 - they get 1 safe player and jaguars can pick anyone other than them... just how team 2 could pick anyone except the safe player

Team 17 - they're allowed to allocate 16 safe players - jaguars can pick anyone outside this 16.

So like obviously team 17 gets to pick the 17th best player from Jaguars - therefore Jaguars can pick 17th best player from their squad.

I thought this might have been the "twist" but ossie said no poaching. Unless safe players = not poaching?
Yeah, I was thinking that this is how it was going to work as well. It makes sense and seems fair imo.

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 29, 2014, 07:02:40 PM
We need to know what the Twist is, otherwise I dont think we will get a definitive answer on this idea
This is also true, it could get messy and lead to a bit of angst if the twist is something that doesn't sit with a number of coaches, because we'd be back to square one and where we were just a day or two ago with all the doging and all that jazz.

JBs-Hawks

Yea nails idea sounds good

My Chumps

not poached? hmmm

In which case I'd be happy to have pick 13!

The Jaguars would end up with a completely different squad. That'd be seriously interesting. Wouldn't mind an option to pass though...

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: My Chumps on September 29, 2014, 07:20:26 PM
not poached? hmmm

In which case I'd be happy to have pick 13!

The Jaguars would end up with a completely different squad. That'd be seriously interesting. Wouldn't mind an option to pass though...

I think youd have to pick a player and then choose to pass or not after that. Otherwise Dublin could get  14th best player with pick 17 for example.

Ricochet

Yeh not sure what to make of it without knowing the twist