Main Menu

WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Ok guys

I'd like to retire the Sao Paulo Pumas. They are a franchise that have achieved the pinnacle of success, it seems fitting that they retire with Honey Badger plus it gives a more challenging aspect to the new coach that arrives.

What I propose is that each of the 17 other teams pick a player from the Pumas (in reverse ladder order, so)

1. Pacific
2. Beijing
3. New Delhi
4. Wellington
5. New York
6. Tokyo
7. Seoul
8. London
9. Berlin
10. Cairo
11. Toronto
12. PNL
13. Cape Town
14. Moscow
15. Buenos Aires
16. Mexico City
17. Dublin

BUT there will be a twist at the end, which I don't think works all that well if you know it in advance, so will let people know after drafting has been completed what it is. Don't worry, you aren't locked into any decision.

The new team will be the RIO DE JANEIRO JAGUARS - a city who have a massive increase in infrastructure recently. And this is the squad that will go to the new coach. Don't worry, they won't be completely ravaged. They will be compensated in a way that does not impact current draft order (from the 'twist' above).

Thoughts?

RaisyDaisy

I like the idea of retiring the Pumas with HB

This idea of yours does have me intrigued for sure!

*Starts to ponder who we could get with Pick 5* :D

Nige

I don't mind it.

That reverse ladder position could be interesting given how teams such as Pacific and New York have done over the trading period.

ossie85

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 29, 2014, 04:54:16 PM

can't trade these ones

Nige

Quote from: ossie85 on September 29, 2014, 05:02:49 PM

can't trade these ones
Assuming he meant 'who we could get' as who we could pick/draft.  ;)

RaisyDaisy

can't trade these ones

Wouldnt want to

There are plenty of guns up for grabs, so with Pick 5 we would get a great player

Ablett will be the first to go obviously, but then it opens up depending on team requirements

Nige

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 29, 2014, 05:06:18 PM

can't trade these ones

Wouldnt want to

There are plenty of guns up for grabs, so with Pick 5 we would get a great player

Ablett will be the first to go obviously, but then it opens up depending on team requirements
I actually wouldn't be surprised to see somebody other than GAJ go first if it happened...

Ringo

Personally I would rather see the Pumas retired with all players transferred to the new franchise and a new coach.  Much more palatable although given that we do not know the twist.

Just do not see you can rape a team of their 17 best players and hope for them to be competitive without concessions which is obviously the twist.

Also what happens to trades completed so far by Pumas.

So in summary feel it is messy to disband a  team in the middle of trade season and then through in a twist hence my suggestion for a relocation aka South Melbourne to a new franchise and in South Melbournes case the Sydney Swans.

kilbluff1985

need to know the twist before liking it really

Holz

Quote from: Ringo on September 29, 2014, 05:13:41 PM
Personally I would rather see the Pumas retired with all players transferred to the new franchise and a new coach.  Much more palatable although given that we do not know the twist.

Just do not see you can rape a team of their 17 best players and hope for them to be competitive without concessions which is obviously the twist.

So in summary feel it is messy to disband a  team in the middle of trade season and then through in a twist hence my suggestion for a relocation aka South Melbourne to a new franchise and in South Melbournes case the Sydney Swans.

Agree with this it seems unnecessary and while interesting will cause problems. I don't want anyone from that team and I don't want any of my players taken from my squad (which I assume is the twist).

HB has built a good list someone should continue that legacy. It's also pretty unfair doing this draft as teams like dillos get absolutely shafted and the drop off in players is massive.

kilbluff1985

how can u not want anybody from there list :o

DazBurg

Quote from: Holzman on September 29, 2014, 05:17:51 PM
Quote from: Ringo on September 29, 2014, 05:13:41 PM

Agree with this it seems unnecessary and while interesting will cause problems. I don't want anyone from that team and I don't want any of my players taken from my squad (which I assume is the twist).

HB has built a good list someone should continue that legacy. It's also pretty unfair doing this draft as teams like dillos get absolutely shafted and the drop off in players is massive.

that has to be the twist imo

JBs-Hawks

Something different I like it see how it goes

Holz

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 29, 2014, 05:19:33 PM

Because I build my squad bu trading and Nat drafts .

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Holzman on September 29, 2014, 05:45:44 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 29, 2014, 05:19:33 PM

Because I build my squad bu trading and Nat drafts .

so take one of the players and trade him :P