Main Menu

WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MajorLazer

I think the main thing we could use a child board for is the 'match day threads'. They seem to clog things up a bit.

ossie85

Quote from: MajorLazer on September 17, 2014, 03:06:57 PM
I think the main thing we could use a child board for is the 'match day threads'. They seem to clog things up a bit.

Those are my favourite!

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Holzman on September 17, 2014, 02:58:25 PM
Quote from: Honey Badger on September 17, 2014, 02:46:11 PM
I really don't see the point. There's 18 teams, so 18 threads, and not everyone posts in theirs anyway so not like they clog up the board.

I find its easier to find them in the euro now, i just click on the board and they are all there. When trading I like to look at a teams best 15 so I look for their thread.

This.

Child boards just for team threads I think would work. Maybe old threads (from 2 seasons ago) too

Purple 77

I'd prefer to delete duplicate team threads i.e. ones that belong to an old coach. That would certainly clean things up.

Ringo

@Purple77 you could do what i have done in British and any old threads call **** History and as coaches or team threads change get merged.  Check out British if you want with the 2 child boards as have finished cleaning up.

RaisyDaisy

Main Board has Discussion thread, current and previous round results, plus other threads such as Directory, trades etc

Then 2 child boards:

1 for Teams - 1 thread per team and nothing else
2 for previous weeks rounds posts. So the previous and current week threads by Os are in main board, and anything older go to this child board

Nice and clean  :)

Nige

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 17, 2014, 04:47:59 PM
Main Board has Discussion thread, current and previous round results, plus other threads such as Directory, trades etc

Then 2 child boards:

1 for Teams - 1 thread per team and nothing else
2 for previous weeks rounds posts. So the previous and current week threads by Os are in main board, and anything older go to this child board

Nice and clean  :)
There's no need to 'archive' the previous rounds. Keep them in the main board. Only one gets made a week anyway, this isn't AXVs where they makes two threads a week just for the round.

MajorLazer

Quote from: ossie85 on September 17, 2014, 03:21:26 PM
Quote from: MajorLazer on September 17, 2014, 03:06:57 PM

Those are my favourite!
I love them too, but they should have their own special place.

ossie85

Anyone interested in Johann Wagner?

Will be available in preseason and rookie draft btw

Memphistopheles

Quote from: ossie85 on September 18, 2014, 09:18:30 AM
Anyone interested in Johann Wagner?

Will be available in preseason and rookie draft btw

Sure why not.

Ossie quick question - Is their too many rounds of drafting? The AFL clubs will never take 90 Nat picks and then we have a pre-season and rookie draft as well (I'm not sure how many rounds that is). Is there enough players for all these drafts?

kilbluff1985

should be fine most clubs wont use all there picks

Nige

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 18, 2014, 01:39:33 PM
Plus there are the delistings from WXVs clubs (e.g. Jaensch and Miles to name a few from last year).

ossie85

Yeah, we'll likely have 10ish rounds plus rookie upgrades.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Nige on September 18, 2014, 01:44:01 PM
Plus there are the delistings from WXVs clubs (e.g. Jaensch and Miles to name a few from last year).
We're never gonna let Pacific forget that are we? :P

Holz

Quote from: Hellopplz on September 18, 2014, 04:01:52 PM
Quote from: Nige on September 18, 2014, 01:44:01 PM
We're never gonna let Pacific forget that are we? :P

whats even worse is that they slipped to pick 42 and 45.

was going to see who i picked ahead of them but lucky I had no picks before that.