Main Menu

WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

maybe we think of something like Cloning.

each team can name 1 player and they get two of them.

wouldn't mind 2 Rocky's

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Holzman on August 16, 2014, 08:48:18 PM

wouldn't mind 2 Rocky's

Are you drinking Holz?

We get that with Captains anyway

Holz

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 16, 2014, 08:49:25 PM

wouldn't mind 2 Rocky's

Are you drinking Holz?

I dont drink.

Rocky (C), Rocky (VC)

wouldnt mind that.

nrich102

Quote from: Holzman on August 16, 2014, 08:52:05 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 16, 2014, 08:49:25 PM

wouldn't mind 2 Rocky's

Are you drinking Holz?

I dont drink.

Rocky (C), Rocky (VC)

wouldnt mind that.
And when Rockys a late out... lol

JBs-Hawks

Il take Danger at f1 and f2 :P

roo boys!

Pendles squared...I like it.

CrowsFan

Nails

Can we trade our clone?

Vinny

ossie85

roo boys!

Hate seeing ex-Wolves Jordan Lewis, Robbie Gray and Dayne Zorko absolutely tear it to shreds...week after week  :-[

kilbluff1985

Ossie/everyone would like to know your thoughts on this idea

when lodging final lists everybody nominates there best 4 defenders, 4 forwards, 4 mids and 1 ruck

if 1 of these players gets injured/suspended if you want you can name an extra player on the interchange instead of that position

not sure if able to do this unlimited times or restricted like flood/attack

think it evens the comp a bit

Nails

Justin Bieber

If you nominate a ruck and they're injured, pretty much don't need to play a ruck. So probably won't work out :-\.

Memphistopheles

Just a thought on the OOP ruck.

I don't mind getting 50% for OOP def/mid/fwd as there are lot of these players and in theory teams should have enough depth to avoid OOP.

However, given how limited the number of rucks who actually play are the 50% score rule for an OOP ruck is a bit harsh/could be improved in my opinion.

In real life if a team has lost their ruckman they use their next tallest guy/most agile and sometimes they are quite useful.

Could we adapt this for Worlds with a new rule?

I'd suggest that the OOP ruck score would be weighted something like this. They get a certain % of their score which is higher the taller the OOP listed player is.

How about the standard 50% weighting plus and extra 3% per cm the player is above 190?

Here's a practical example with a few players, using the Bombers as an example (ignore the actual players I've just picked guys who are different heights).

OOP Ruck

Joe Daniher - (201cm). As Daniher is 11cm above 190cm his OOP ruck weighting would be 50%+(11*3=33). Which = 83%

Cale Hooker - (197cm). As Hooker is 7cm above 190cm his OOP ruck weighting would be 50%+(7*3=21). Which = 71%

Patrick Ambrose - (191cm). Ambrose is 1cm above 190cm so his OOP ruck weighting would be 50% +(1*3). Which = 53%

So then say Daniher, Hooker and Ambrose all score an even 100 points in SC in real life then as an OOP ruck Daniher scores 83 points, Hooker scores 71 points and Ambrose scores 53 points.

I don't think the rule would be difficult to police/score as most likely teams wouldn't use an OOP ruck because there still is a penalty. Daniher is close to the tallest OOP ruck option you could have had this season (in fact I think he is).