Main Menu

WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Trying to keep my nose out of this as much as possible but just wanted to say;

Tbag, one of the reasons you're in a bit of trouble is because you're publicising your lack of care for the team this year because you were near the bottom and uncompetitive... You're not really making your point here :-X

Nige

Quote from: Toga on August 10, 2014, 08:54:10 PM
Tbag, one of the reasons you're in a bit of trouble is because you're publicising your lack of care for the team this year because you were near the bottom and uncompetitive... You're not really making your point here :-X

Jukes

Sorta related, I reckon we should sort the bottom 8's picks by points scored not position. NDT scored 100 points (5%) less than Pacific and Wellington but got lucky and won a game more. They should get pick 1 as they obviously need it more (i.e. playing Zac Dawson in their backline).

Not even bias.

Jay

Quote from: PowerBug on August 10, 2014, 08:20:44 PM
Due to having posted on this thread at an earlier time, it pops up in my unread posts sections. Having stayed clear of this I thought I'd mention something I think was not done quite right.

Imagine a person is on trial for murder. Would it be fair if the victim's relatives made up the entire jury, and also the judge? The person would be found guilty and given the highest charge automatically, clearly not how things work.

I look at this situation, and I see a similar thing. The people affected by the ruling of this decision got to vote, and also decide on the length of the penalty, similar to the jury and the judge thing I have above.

I do not think the right process has been made to come to a decision here, completely impartial members should be given the story and then an executive decision should be made from there.
This is the exact reason I am upset. The people deciding our fate can benefit greatly from the outcome. That's not right.

Ringo

I too have been trying to keep out of it as still do not believe deliberate tanking was involved.

I have inadvertently left players out when naming a team due to my stupidity in forgetting them.  Also and I will use Brisbane as an example and i do have a number of the teenagers on my lists if Brisbane was playing Sydney I would not name Gardiner in defence as an example due to the opposition even though he may have been my best performing defender over the last 3 weeks.

Just using that to point out it is not as straight forward as it seems and some coaches name teams based on the opposition not their best team each week. 

Nige

Quote from: Jukes on August 10, 2014, 08:58:25 PM
Sorta related, I reckon we should sort the bottom 8's picks by points scored not position. NDT scored 100 points (5%) less than Pacific and Wellington but got lucky and won a game more. They should get pick 1 as they obviously need it more (i.e. playing Zac Dawson in their backline).

Not even bias.
Again, sorta related. I was saying the other day (I think it was in AXVs) that luck plays a decent part in these comps. This is a pretty good example.

I daresay that Beijing and NDT need the top pick/priority picks more than Pacific/Wellington.

So yeah, I agree with Jukes' notion. 

tbagrocks

Quote from: NigeyS on August 10, 2014, 08:58:18 PM
Quote from: Toga on August 10, 2014, 08:54:10 PM
No that is an assumption, how is it bad to name the best team each week realizing we might be up against it? So need to name the best team each week to be competitive? ???

Toga

No that's not what I meant tbag. It's more things like saying that you don't care about all the rule changes etc because they were for "nerds" and you didn't have any interest in looking at using them

tbagrocks

Quote from: Toga on August 10, 2014, 09:21:09 PM
No that's not what I meant tbag. It's more things like saying that you don't care about all the rule changes etc because they were for "nerds" and you didn't have any interest in looking at using them
Ok am sorry for the nerd comment, out of line, but

even if we followed every rule to a tee, still finish bottom or close, so really, when we can be competitive, if then we fail we should be looked at, not whilst we are still poor ::)

So really, haven't done anything wrong other than offend the nerds ??? ( Sorry btw) That will never stand up in any court

Justin Bieber

I haven't paid any attention to this, but I say sack both coaches.

Jay

Quote from: whatlez on August 10, 2014, 09:32:57 PM
Well if you haven't paid any attention how about you refrain from making ridiculous comments?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Jayman on August 10, 2014, 09:37:37 PM
Well if you haven't paid any attention how about you refrain from making ridiculous comments?
Yeah well from observations from other comps, both you and tbag are very active, and between you two, the fact that you cannot name proper sides then the appropriate ruling should be made. Whether it is to get dedicated coaches over lazy coaches who are waiting for the next year or lose draft picks, something should be done to people who don't give a shower.

My Chumps

Boy oh boy, some people seem more intent on stoking the fire than coming to a reasonable solution...

Nige

Quote from: whatlez on August 10, 2014, 11:07:32 PM
Quote from: Jayman on August 10, 2014, 09:37:37 PM
Yeah well from observations from other comps, both you and tbag are very active, and between you two, the fact that you cannot name proper sides then the appropriate ruling should be made. Whether it is to get dedicated coaches over lazy coaches who are waiting for the next year or lose draft picks, something should be done to people who don't give a shower.
If you've been paying attention to AXVs then you'd know Jay's barely been around and really only named his team each week on either Thursday or Friday when needed and the only reason he did that was because he doesn't have a co-coach or assistant to delegate to over there.