Main Menu

WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Just another thought oss

This comp at end of next year would have been going for 4 years. To maintain similarities to AFL could we work something similar to the free agency for players that have been with clubs for the 4 years. 

elephants

Quote from: Purple 77 on July 25, 2014, 09:26:46 AM
Starting to think I might change my vote on poaching.

An aside, I also think trade passing should be stricter. I still can't believe (although it was reversed in the end courtesy of the good people at PNL) that Liberatore deal to PNL got passed last trading period, and that an incredible 13 (!!!!) coaches (+ more co-coaches) let it through.

Yeah, this one:

PNL trade: Justin Westhoff, Luke Ball and Pick 6
New York trade: Tom Liberatore, Trent McKenzie and Pick 25

I think the fact that that trade got through means the system isn't strict enough.

Haha, to be fair it is getting stricter. Some of the catastrophic trades that were done in 2012 on NDT were next level robbery, absolutely disgusting. Turned us from having a team pretty safely in the 5-8 range to the worst list in the league that somehow hasn't finished last this season :P

Purple 77

Quote from: elephants on July 25, 2014, 12:41:46 PM

An aside, I also think trade passing should be stricter. I still can't believe (although it was reversed in the end courtesy of the good people at PNL) that Liberatore deal to PNL got passed last trading period, and that an incredible 13 (!!!!) coaches (+ more co-coaches) let it through.

Yeah, this one:

I think the fact that that trade got through means the system isn't strict enough.

Haha, to be fair it is getting stricter. Some of the catastrophic trades that were done in 2012 on NDT were next level robbery, absolutely disgusting. Turned us from having a team pretty safely in the 5-8 range to the worst list in the league that somehow hasn't finished last this season :P

What do you mean worst list in the league? You have Zac Dawson!  :P

Ricochet

Quote from: Purple 77 on July 25, 2014, 12:43:19 PM

Yeah, this one:

ZDawson for Fyfe, Zorko and JJK?

ossie85

Dawson played in 4 grand finals,  the others only 1 combined. Unfair trade

Ricochet

Quote from: ossie85 on July 25, 2014, 12:56:27 PM
Dawson played in 4 grand finals,  the others only 1 combined. Unfair trade
Yeh thought so as well but sometimes you have to cop a small loss

elephants

And on the back of this latest information...

ZAC DAWSON IS UP FOR TRADE

Highest bidder, enquire via PM ;)

Justin Bieber

Thanks for putting our trade as the reason to change your stance on poaching Purps :P. Given, Ball has averaged over 90+ before and Westhoff is arguably one of the top forwards in the league, not to mention #6 landed Billings. Certainly would have been a big win for PNL if we weren't so nice >:(.

Purple 77

Quote from: Hellopplz on July 25, 2014, 02:31:12 PM
Thanks for putting our trade as the reason to change your stance on poaching Purps :P. Given, Ball has averaged over 90+ before and Westhoff is arguably one of the top forwards in the league, not to mention #6 landed Billings. Certainly would have been a big win for PNL if we weren't so nice >:(.

Good guys finish last    :P

I would have really struggled to reverse that trade if I were you, so kudos.  8)

Purple 77

Quote from: Ricochet on July 25, 2014, 12:53:21 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on July 25, 2014, 12:43:19 PM

Yeah, this one:

ZDawson for Fyfe, Zorko and JJK?

No point in me giving you JJK if I get dawson... Dawson makes his score better, so they have to be in the same team  :P

DazBurg

Quote from: Purple 77 on July 25, 2014, 04:21:42 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on July 25, 2014, 02:31:12 PM

Good guys finish last    :P

I would have really struggled to reverse that trade if I were you, so kudos.  8)

yeah we are nice guys
and Ax and pyro don't even coach the bloody team anymore
no more reverse for any trade is happening again that is for sure

but yeah there are some trades that get through that really shouldn't
not just that one listed above (though i think that was the biggest steal in that trade period if we didn't reverse it)

Toga

It's certainly an interesting idea but it is quite complicated. Although I would like a Free Agency type thing added, would be cool - especially reserves players not getting games becoming available as FA's or something!

ossie85

heard all the feedback, and will work on a simplified method :)

Justin Bieber

Could do free agency for those who play too many reserve games like Toga said. Know you've mentioned something like that in the past Oss, and allows some teams who need the depth get playing depth from other teams.

Given, limit it as I don't want Marseilles to lose too many players :P.

AaronKirk

By the looks of it NY would have been screwed and locked on the bottom if that trade went through.

I like the idea of a salary cap, would be interesting to see how it played out.

A system where you could poach players over 25 would also even the comp I would think. It would make teams like mine who are below the cap be even more aggressive to make our list better.

There should however be some sort of dispensation were 1 or 2 players would be declared "marquee" players where either half or whole of their salary is excluded from the cap- This means the poaching/free agency would be brought in but would not necessarily be detrimental to the clubs that are near or above $13.5m cap.

And I would also think that the "marquee" players nominated by each club should be protected from poaching.