Main Menu

WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Quote from: Hellopplz on April 10, 2014, 01:46:26 AM
The spam! But all good, pretty sure it'll be fun watching how the bidding goes tomorrow near deadlines!

If I may ask Oss, regarding the rest rule. Thinking of using it, but just say the rested player then gets injured that week. Are we still forced to play him the following week (and then have to plan an emergency to cover them, so using up an emergency spot to cover him). Or can we just not name him since injured and get all 3 emergency spots like normal?

If they aren't named in afl team you dint need to name them,  but you lose any rest bonus when they do return

Justin Bieber

Cheers Oss, figured that'd be the case!

Nails

First time Dane Swan has ever been optionally rested?

Justin Bieber

Go rest rule then Nails, then get 1.5X his score next week but must play him! Could actually be a good time if you're going to drop him anyway....

CrowsFan

Quote from: Hellopplz on April 10, 2014, 09:38:00 PM
Go rest rule then Nails, then get 1.5X his score next week but must play him! Could actually be a good time if you're going to drop him anyway....
1.1, not 1.5 :)

Justin Bieber

My mistake! Been a while since the rules were introduced, all I know is that there was a bonus :P.

And I knew something was wrong when I said 1.5 as that seemed a tad high haha.

Nails

IDK HP as he's first emergency and therefore if he's called up to the team he'll be a great sub/emergency.

I'd like to rest him but I only really have Jordie McKenzie, Lin Jong or Brad Sewell (when he returns) as cover whilst Barlow is out. Therefore don't want to rest Swan then have to suffer a McKenzie/Jong sub affected 20.

Though my opposition I could probably beat with 14 players, after last week's shocker I'd prefer not risk it.

kilbluff1985

so depressing 7 best xv players injured where is a tiny violin when u need one

Nige

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on April 10, 2014, 09:43:20 PM
so depressing 7 best xv players injured where is a tiny violin when u need one

kilbluff1985

nah he looks happy not a good fit

Nige

kilbluff1985

Justin Bieber

I was just about to find that one Nigey ;D.

Quote from: Nails on April 10, 2014, 09:43:03 PM
IDK HP as he's first emergency and therefore if he's called up to the team he'll be a great sub/emergency.

I'd like to rest him but I only really have Jordie McKenzie, Lin Jong or Brad Sewell (when he returns) as cover whilst Barlow is out. Therefore don't want to rest Swan then have to suffer a McKenzie/Jong sub affected 20.

Though my opposition I could probably beat with 14 players, after last week's shocker I'd prefer not risk it.
Fair enough, is certainly better than most teams' first emergencies :P.

ossie85

Kb came up with a really interesting idea over in the British

I really like it, but have tweaked it a bit:

Tagging

You choose a player to tag an opposition player

Your player loses 20%, the opposition player loses 10%

This would be for 2015 at earliest.....

Purple 77

Quote from: ossie85 on April 12, 2014, 09:20:27 AM
Kb came up with a really interesting idea over in the British

I really like it, but have tweaked it a bit:

Tagging

You choose a player to tag an opposition player

Your player loses 20%, the opposition player loses 10%

This would be for 2015 at earliest.....

I'd be for it if the tagger loses a bigger percentage. I could play Nathan Brown on Gary Ablett... 20% just doesn't seem harsh enough IMO