Main Menu

WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: CrowsFan on December 06, 2013, 07:39:18 PM
Where have you heard that jay?
TooSerious leaked the full list of players and their positions.

The page is going down every so often though, presumably because of all the hits it must be getting.

CrowsFan

Ah right. Stupid link won't load for me though :(

Edit: So since I can't load the page, who wants to tell me how close I was with my predictions?

Nige

Quote from: CrowsFan on December 06, 2013, 07:23:09 PM
So what is everyone thinking will occur with the positional changes?

So far I've had Sumner swap from pure mid to pure forward (was expecting fwd/mid) so pleased with that. Then the other changes I'm expecting are...

Andrew Walker from fwd/mid to def (possibly with mid or fwd, not sure) Correct. Walker DEF only.
Jarryd Roughead to be pure forward rather than fwd/ruck Correct. Roughy FWD only
Majak Daw to be ruck/fwd rather than pure ruck Correct. F/R now.
Hamish Hartlett to lose defense status and be pure mid Correct. MID only.
Kyle Martin to gain DPP mid/fwd - reason for this is he scored 35 goals and 10 behinds in 13 VFL games and played forward mostly in his games for Collingwood. Probably won't happen, but will be very happy if it does :) Wrong. MID only still.

The above in red are from memory.

CrowsFan

Boo to the last one. How can you average 3.5 scoring shots at goal a game and not get forward status?

Holz

Dixon f/r that could have been season over if Goldy ever got injured.

CrowsFan

So a couple for my team I didn't pick. Ben Jacobs moved from pure def to pure mid (thought he would at least be DPP with def). Whitecross from fwd/mid to pure def. Did not see that one coming at all! Strengthens my defense (when he gets back on the park), but hurts my forwards :(

DazBurg

WINGARD Fwd/Mid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;D ;D

CrowsFan

Just went through my whole team and notice I've only got 3 players who are DPP! Matty Wright and Devon Smith are fwd/mid and Majak Daw is fwd/ruck, but apart from that everyone is single position players.

On my senior list I have got 12 defenders, 14 midfielders, 4 rucks (inc. Daw), 11 forwards.

Nige

Quote from: CrowsFan on December 06, 2013, 09:13:19 PM
Just went through my whole team and notice I've only got 3 players who are DPP! Matty Wright and Devon Smith are fwd/mid and Majak Daw is fwd/ruck, but apart from that everyone is single position players.

On my senior list I have got 12 defenders, 14 midfielders, 4 rucks (inc. Daw), 11 forwards.

In BXVs, I now have 17 mids and I only 9 defenders. :o

Gonna sort out my WXVs one now...  :(

ossie85

So just noting that in the records that London Royal Harry O'Brien is now Heritier Lumumba....

And that the O'Brien medal played for between Sao Paulo and Buenos Aires players will be known as the Lumumba medal.

Also like to flag the sadness over former Buenos Aires player Michael Mascoulis death recently...

CrowsFan

The Lumumba Medal sounds much better than the O'Brien :)

Nige

I'd like to raise the dog act of former Tiger and Sands player Nick Duigan.  >:(

kilbluff1985

Quote from: NigeyS on December 07, 2013, 04:01:09 PM
I'd like to raise the dog act of former Tiger and Sands player Nick Duigan.  >:(

you don't even know the circumstances behind that

Nige

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 07, 2013, 04:06:35 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on December 07, 2013, 04:01:09 PM

you don't even know the circumstances behind that
I know, it was more a joke. I'm sad about it. I like the guy and he's been given F/D DPP is he plays on.  :o

Purple 77

Oh thank god, Jack Grimes is a Def/Mid! Was so worried he'd be Mid only.