Main Menu

WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torpedo10

Quote from: upthemaidens on July 29, 2016, 04:21:56 PM
Zero chance of us trading Bont for pick #3+#8  haha  :)
My question though, using the cash formula.

Would you trade him for 1,2 and 8?

Holz

Quote from: Torpedo10 on July 29, 2016, 04:35:41 PM
Quote from: upthemaidens on July 29, 2016, 04:21:56 PM
Zero chance of us trading Bont for pick #3+#8  haha  :)
My question though, using the cash formula.

Would you trade him for 1,2 and 8?

You probably wont but its not far fetched to say he is worth it.

geez T.Mitchell Gaff Brodie Bowes Setterfield  would be an amazing combo for the future.

Purple 77

Dayum, I go away for 4-5 hours and I come back to pages of discussion! I love it!

This idea has got me a little excited actually. I'm a big fan!

Quote from: ossie85 on July 29, 2016, 11:54:50 AM
Age is an interesting one, unfortunately I don't have those stats easily enough :P I could adjust the durability factor a bit, which basically makes youth undervalued a tad

Quote from: meow meow on July 29, 2016, 11:53:45 AM
We could copy the AFL'S cap to the exact dollar if we really wanted to. I think realistic pricing should be the goal.

Why not. What's the AFL cap?

I have everyones ages... so I especially lol'd when I saw me quoted in this:

Quote from: Levi434 on July 29, 2016, 12:05:24 PM
If you want ages come and pay me for them :P

Yes, I google searched every single AFL player and I don't regret a second of those 7 hours 8)

Quote from: Purple 77 on July 28, 2016, 08:00:20 PM
I'm flowering crazy

Purple 77

btw Levi, I would have done what I did last year and give everyone access to a spreadsheet with all the info they'd want for trades, including ages :P

Levi434

Quote from: Purple 77 on July 29, 2016, 04:51:20 PM
btw Levi, I would have done what I did last year and give everyone access to a spreadsheet with all the info they'd want for trades, including ages :P

Be funny if I looked everyone up for nothing :-X

Holz

Quote from: Levi434 on July 29, 2016, 04:54:00 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on July 29, 2016, 04:51:20 PM

Be funny if I looked everyone up for nothing :-X

im sure you had fun doing it though.

Levi434

To go along with the Salary Cap how about we have Team Chemistry and Morale!

PLAYER CARD:
Name: Patrick Cripps
Team: Rio de Janeiro Jaguars
Contract: $752,000 each year for 5 years ($3,760,000 Million)
Morale Level: 90%
Friends: Aaron Hall(Rio), Matthew Wright(Rio), Marc Murphy(Dublin)
Not so friends: Travis Boak(Rio), Ben Jacobs(Rio), Jack Ziebell(Toronto)

Each player in the comp would get one of these "Player Cards". Friends can be randomly generated from you team list and 1 random from other lists.

Basically if your players have a high morale level the more likely they are to stay at your team.

WAYS TO INCREASE MORAL:
- Paying a player what they are worth(via Ossie's method). +20 Morale Level.
- Paying a player more than they are worth. +30 Morale Level.
- Signing a player to a deal. +2 for each year of that deal.
- Player plays in finals. +3.
- Player plays in a Grand Final. +5.
- Team uses a 1st Rounder Draft Pick. +1.

Weekly Events; Once a week on a Wednesday, there could be an option for a coach to either hold a:
- Media Day: Chose 1 player and they get +4 Morale.
- Closed Training: Chose 2 players and they both get +2 Morale.
- Open Training: Chose 4 players and they all get +1 Morale.

I could list a whole bunch more but I'll leave this list for now. Obviously a player can lose Morale as well aka trade a friend, not payed enough.

Then prior to every game, you average out the player morale and you get a Team Morale Number. If this team Morale is over 90% then your team gets a 5% bonus. If it's 100% you get 10% bonus. If it is under 60 then a -5% and if under 40 then -10%.

Using these methods we can say that if a team/coach doesn't keep a player(s) morale level up to the desired rate, then that player will choose to leave and test the free agency market.

Also if a player has very high Morale Level, they should be able to sign at a pay cut and/or be more willing to stay at one team opposed to leaving.

ossie85

That's excellent levi

meow meow

Quote from: Levi434 on July 29, 2016, 12:05:24 PM
If you want ages come and pay me for them :P

Yes, I google searched every single AFL player and I don't regret a second of those 7 hours 8)

Quote from: Purple 77 on July 28, 2016, 08:00:20 PM
I'm flowering crazy

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/tp-adelaide-crows?year=2016&sby=11

It would take you about 7 minutes to do every team.

meow meow

Contracts are the way to go. Sam Mitchell and Bont should cost the same next year since they'll score the same, however Pacific should be able to have the security of signing their youthful asset beyond one year.

Players coming out of contract should be able to be bid on, like AFL free agents today. Bidding teams should have to pay that extra 50% to lure a player away from their current club.

Players should accumulate some sort of loyalty bonus in the form of salary cap concessions at the end of each contract cycle.

Long term contracts should be risky. Let's say Bont averages 105 this year and costs 700K and Pacific give him a 3 year deal at 700K a year. If he averages 130 next year then they have to pay him 865K in year 2 of his contract. However if he averages 90 they still have to pay him the 700k. That will make teams think twice about signing their players for forever, and it would stop a guy like Parish being signed for 10 years for just 200K a season. As his output rises, so would his price.

Pacific would be free to trade Bont at any time, as long as another team picks up his contract but he's unable to be bid on/poached while under contract.

Players aged 28 or older can only sign contracts for as long as they have an AFL contract for. A club offering Sam Mitchell a million dollars a year for the next 10 years wouldn't be able to be matched by Christchurch and it's totally unrealistic. Dublin should still be able to sign Lance for 5 years if that's how long he's got an AFL contract for.

Holz

Every team, trying to do a trade if the new rules come in to play :P

meow meow

Quote from: Holz on July 29, 2016, 05:35:01 PM

The trading is exactly the same.

The points cap is replaced by a salary cap instead. Not that difficult. Obviously you'll know if you can afford a player or not, the same way as you know if you can afford them under the points cap.

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on July 29, 2016, 05:37:22 PM
Quote from: Holz on July 29, 2016, 05:35:01 PM

The trading is exactly the same.

The points cap is replaced by a salary cap instead. Not that difficult. Obviously you'll know if you can afford a player or not, the same way as you know if you can afford them under the points cap.

yes but if poaching and contracts.

anyway i thought the gif was funny.

meow meow

Oh I've got Gibbs, Stringer, Hartlett and 90 of my list signed up for next year, and have got a half a million dollars left. Can I afford to get Dangerfield? No. The end. Wow that was complicated.

Purple 77

Much rules. Such creativity. Wow.

I've actually made a spreadsheet with each players' 2015 average and 2016 average on it, so I can easily see all the sliders.

But not sure whether to share, or keep my advantage...  :P