Main Menu

WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Woah, what scintillating discussion :P

elephants

Oh yeah well you're all peaking (climaxing) too early. NDT 4 da win yo.

Hellopplz

Thought it'd be interesting to see the Average age of the best XV from France. Will take their ages by the end of this year.

Parisian Nice Lyon Reindeers

Backs: L.. Hodge (31), C. Enright (34), J. Harbrow (27), M. Williams (22)     - N. Malceski (31), J. Trengove (25)
Mids: M. Priddis (30), D. Shiel (22), N. Jones (27), D. Rich (25)     - M. Hallahan (23), Myers (26)
Ruck: M. Lobbe (26)     - Nobody :P.
Fwds: D. Swan (31), C. Rioli (26), C. Wingard (22), Z. Merrett (20)    - J. Westhoff (29), T. Lynch (25), J. Billings (20)

With Hallahan + Westhoff on bench, average age for this lot is 26.33 years. Forwards I'm prepared, Mids look fine (good enough) as well but Backline looks pretty ill-prepared for the future. We have 4 guys over 30 years of age and I expect Enright + McPharlin to retire this year.

So if anybody needs a forward, and have backs to spare, you know where to come ;).

Toga

Also interested to see how old our squad is!

D: H.Taylor (28), C.Hooker (26), M.Jaensch (25), J.Thurlow (21)
M: O.Wines (20), L.Neale (22), J.Caddy (22), J.Polec (22)
R: B.Grundy (21)
F: E.Betts (28), T.Bell (23), D.Stanley (27), T.Broomhead (21)
I/C: T.Miller (19), L.Shiels (24)

Emg: J.Aish (19), P.Davis (24), M.Kreuzer (26)

Average age of squad: 23.2 years

Oldest players are Harry Taylor and Eddie Betts at 28 years old. Youngest current starter is Touk Miller who is still a teenager, closely followed by Ollie Wines - captain at 20yo!

I think the thing that stands out most to me is the age of our midfield, which should only get better. Christian Petracca could well have been starting over Danny Stanley/Tim Broomhead this year if he was playing as well :'(

Ringo

Thought I would add London to the discussion: Like PNL ages at end of year.

Def: Dane Rampe (25) , Heritier Lumumba (29) Sam Wright (25), Adam Saad (21) - Darcy Gardiner (20) Daniel McStay (20); Mark Baguley (28) -          
Mids: Daniel Hanneberry (24);Dannyle Pearce (29); Brent Stanton (29);Jarrad McVeigh (30), Billy Hartung (20) Billy Stretch (20), David Mackay (27)                                       
Rucks: Callum Sinclair (26), Tom Bellchambers (26)                          
Fwds:Mark LeCras (29); Shane Edwards (27);Chris Mayne(27) ; Will Hoskin-Elliott. (21); Troy Menzell (21) Cory Gregson (19)                         

Will probably be looking for forwards and mids for depth             

meow meow

OLD TEAM
Dempster, Patfull, Gilbert, Picken
Mitchell, Boyd, Gibbs, Hartlett
Sandi
Dickson, Reid, Garlett, Zorko
Shuey, Lester

YOUNG TEAM
Roberton, Buntine, McKenzie, Lever
Scully, Vandenberg, Smith, Freeman
Minson
Elliott, Stringer, Hrovat, Green
Andrews, Langford

Oh and there's top 30 picks Steele, McLean, Neal-Bullen, Wigg, Viojo-Rainbow waiting in the wings too.

DazBurg

Quote from: Bane on June 03, 2015, 12:38:08 PM
Quote from: meow meow on June 02, 2015, 08:00:00 PM
Quote from: Bane on May 31, 2015, 09:37:00 PM
Youngest team in the comp and we're scoring with the best of them :D

A little too young. If you had have kept Shaw, Murphy and Fyfe you'd be the best team in the comp right now, not years down the track.

Well first, we got Armitage (119) and Luke McDonald for Heater, so scrub that.

And even if you add Fyfe and Murphy into the side without taking out whoever we got for them (because it's weird), we wouldn't beat Dublin. That's only about 100 more points per week at absolute most. It's not worth going all out for a premiership if you're not going to win one, so back out of the race (but we're still the 5th highest scorers) and wait for an easier window of opportunity.

Everything you can do I can do better memph ;)
D: Dunn (28), Seedsman (23), Docherty (21), Vlastuin (21)
McDonald (20) or Pearce (24) to replace Dunn when ready/soon

M: Armitage (26), Ward (25), Heppell (23), O'Meara (21)

R: Naitanui (25)

F: Monfries (28), Gray (27), Daniher (21), Hogan (20)
Moore (19) to replace Monfries when ready/soon

U: Greenwood (26), Sheed (20)

sooooo f/when Holz decides to leave FF thenand hope it is before your team gets to old or? :P

Holz

Quote from: DazBurg on June 03, 2015, 09:11:21 PM
Quote from: Bane on June 03, 2015, 12:38:08 PM
Quote from: meow meow on June 02, 2015, 08:00:00 PM
Quote from: Bane on May 31, 2015, 09:37:00 PM
Youngest team in the comp and we're scoring with the best of them :D

A little too young. If you had have kept Shaw, Murphy and Fyfe you'd be the best team in the comp right now, not years down the track.

Well first, we got Armitage (119) and Luke McDonald for Heater, so scrub that.

And even if you add Fyfe and Murphy into the side without taking out whoever we got for them (because it's weird), we wouldn't beat Dublin. That's only about 100 more points per week at absolute most. It's not worth going all out for a premiership if you're not going to win one, so back out of the race (but we're still the 5th highest scorers) and wait for an easier window of opportunity.

Everything you can do I can do better memph ;)
D: Dunn (28), Seedsman (23), Docherty (21), Vlastuin (21)
McDonald (20) or Pearce (24) to replace Dunn when ready/soon

M: Armitage (26), Ward (25), Heppell (23), O'Meara (21)

R: Naitanui (25)

F: Monfries (28), Gray (27), Daniher (21), Hogan (20)
Moore (19) to replace Monfries when ready/soon

U: Greenwood (26), Sheed (20)

sooooo f/when Holz decides to leave FF thenand hope it is before your team gets to old or? :P

Love yah Daz.

Hopefully thats not for a long time.

Memphistopheles

Anyone who has plenty of midfielders but is looking for a developing forward or defender come talk to Cape Town in the off-season.

In fact if you're looking for more depth in general and have midfielders on the table we can help.

Every single on of our 13 forwards has gotten AFL gametime this season and all bar 2 (Plowman and Toohey) of our 14 defenders have played as well.

We'd happily package a good young defender and forward for a better midfielder this off-season. The better the midfielder you offer up the better the defender/forward you can get :D.

ossie85

ossie85

WXV Rising Star stats:

This table shows how many Rising Star nominations each team has won, and how many Rising Star nominated players they still have on its list (i.e. traded in our out).

Couple of notes:
- Billy Longer has been nominated twice for Pacific, but only counts once as a player on the list
- Michael Evans is the only WXV Rising Star Nominated player who is no longer on an AFL list

Team   Noms   On List   Turnover
Beijing   10   10   0
Berlin   4   8   4
Buenos Aires   2   4   2
Cairo   3   3   0
Cape Town   2   5   3
Christchurch   0   2   2
Dublin   2   1   -1
London   2   3   1
Moscow   3   5   2
Mexico City   1   1   0
New Delhi   4   5   1
New York   7   2   -5
Pacific   11   5   -6
PNL   1   1   0
Rio de Janeiro   1   2   1
Sao Paulo   3   0   -3
Seoul   2   3   1
Tokyo   1   3   2
Toronto   1   1   0
Wellington   6   0   -6
Delisted   0   1   1

So Pacific have the most nominations with 11, though you could argue they tie with Beijing on 10 as Longer nominated twice.

New York and Pacific like to ship off its young players more than any other team, while Berlin like to scab rising star nominations off other teams.

Nige

Cool stats, that's super fascinating.

Purple 77

Well, I suck at drafting, so I just trade my picks for the proven good draft picks of the previous couple of years  :P

Toga

Cool stats Oz! Just shows Beijing's list has a lot of young talent on it at the moment :)

Holz

Average age of Dublin

Murphy 33 Birchall 27 Rance 26 Mcdonald 23 (Hansen 27)
Sloane 25 Boak 27 Selwood 27 Watson 30
Goldstein 27
Franklin 28 Martin 24 Gunston 24 Roughead 28 (Bruce 23)
Mundy 30 Walters 24 (Thompson 32)

Average 26.87

got a few old guys out there in Murphy Watson Mundy but pretty happy with the rest of the squad being 28 or under.

got my boys Boston (21) and Scharenberg (20) Mcdonald Jnr (20)  being the future. need a few more