Main Menu

WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Things might not be as bad as expected without Libba  ???

Ah who I am kidding, we're just making up numbers  :'(

Jroo

Well 16 teams are only making up the numbers this year, only out of Mexico City and Dublin  :P

GoLions

Quote from: JROO8 on March 23, 2015, 09:05:42 PM
Well 16 teams are only making up the numbers this year, only out of Mexico City and Dublin  :P
How about Dublin and Mexico play each other every week, and the rest of us battle it out like we normally would haha

Nige

ossie85

Beijing have a strong record in the preseason comp! Probably a bad omen really....

meow meow

11th is pretty pathetic but Hartlett played for 5 minutes, Gibbs played for 5 minutes, Hrovat played for 5 minutes and most importantly of all Dawson didn't play at all.

Holz

Or just give it to the Sun's.

Not sure I can compete.

Jroo

Quote from: Holz on March 24, 2015, 05:43:03 PM

Or just give it to the Sun's.

Not sure I can compete.
Yeah sounds good to me

Boomz

Surprisingly didn't do too bad...

Memphistopheles

Very pleased with the Cobras pre-season and I think we are primed to make a very good run at the Top 4.

Down back Andrejs Everitt showed good signs for us and somehow is still listed as a defender. Shaun Higgins looks good at his new club, Nick Haynes looked good on return from injury, Gwilt looked decent for Essendon and MacKenzie's injury means Schofield is likely a regular starter for the Eagles this year.

In the midfield JPK and Tyson picked up where they left off, both Cotchin and Scooter gave strong performances in the last NAB Cup despite earlier injury worries and Darcy Lang pressed his claim for a Round 1 spot.

Stefan Martin performed well in the ruck despite Berger's return and Blicavs looked very solid as well.

Up forward a couple of problems with Hunter and Crameri not playing but Hawkins, Bird and Cooney looked solid, Cameron returned strongly from injury and Honeychurch and McCarthy pressed their claims for a regular spot in their respective teams.

I reckon we might be a premo mid or two short of a title challenge but, if things keep going our way who knows.

Toga

Pretty happy with how we went in the preseason, good to see some of our boys in Betts, Taylor, Neale and co performing well heading into the season.

We've probably done well in preseason compared to the season proper in the past because our young guys that get games in the NAB and then not once the season starts. We have worked hard to get in guys with better JS this offseason though so I think that might change this year, and we'll have a lot more blokes to choose from each week.

#ThunderStruck

My Chumps

Quote from: Memphistopheles on March 25, 2015, 06:46:13 PM
Very pleased with the Cobras pre-season and I think we are primed to make a very good run at the Top 4.

Down back Andrejs Everitt showed good signs for us and somehow is still listed as a defender. Shaun Higgins looks good at his new club, Nick Haynes looked good on return from injury, Gwilt looked decent for Essendon and MacKenzie's injury means Schofield is likely a regular starter for the Eagles this year.

In the midfield JPK and Tyson picked up where they left off, both Cotchin and Scooter gave strong performances in the last NAB Cup despite earlier injury worries and Darcy Lang pressed his claim for a Round 1 spot.

Stefan Martin performed well in the ruck despite Berger's return and Blicavs looked very solid as well.

Up forward a couple of problems with Hunter and Crameri not playing but Hawkins, Bird and Cooney looked solid, Cameron returned strongly from injury and Honeychurch and McCarthy pressed their claims for a regular spot in their respective teams.

I reckon we might be a premo mid or two short of a title challenge but, if things keep going our way who knows.
Scooters return had got me pretty excited!

Purple 77

I don't know what made me think of this now, but if Brad (or Matt) Crouch was at New Delhi, they'd be a crouching tiger...

Feel I should now say I'm not trading Brad Crouch  :P

Ricochet

Quote from: Purple 77 on March 26, 2015, 01:54:31 PM
I don't know what made me think of this now, but if Brad (or Matt) Crouch was at New Delhi, they'd be a crouching tiger...

Thats too good for it not to happen mate, you must trade him to us now

Purple 77

Quote from: Ricochet on March 26, 2015, 02:00:06 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on March 26, 2015, 01:54:31 PM

Thats too good for it not to happen mate, you must trade him to us now

Well, if you still had Dawson...