Main Menu

WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DazBurg

Quote from: ossie85 on December 12, 2014, 10:02:58 AM

So, some confirmed changes....

Former Buenos Aires Superstar Dane Swan, will be looking to move into the forward line at the PNL Reindeers

Mexico City trio of Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio and Allen Christensen ALL gain forward status - combined with Nick Riewoldt, Brent Harvey and Drew Petrie that's a scary forward line.

Toronto's Jack Ziebell and Cape Town's Adam Cooney also looking to shine in the forward line

awesome news about Swan

told everyone Dlids would get fwd status when the trade was done but was told i was silly for even thinking it  ::)

Toga

Quote from: The BeDazzler on December 12, 2014, 08:39:31 PM
told everyone Dlids would get fwd status when the trade was done but was told i was silly for even thinking it  ::)

Jroo

Nrich asked on Twitter if positions for AF will be the same for SC/DT. They confirmed it would be.  :)

Quote from: ossie85 on December 12, 2014, 10:02:58 AM

Mexico City trio of Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio and Allen Christensen ALL gain forward status - combined with Nick Riewoldt, Brent Harvey and Drew Petrie that's a scary forward line.
Also, just realised you forgot Jimmy Bartel, Oz...

So fwds are:
Lids, BJ, Christo, Bartel, Boomer, Nroo, Petrie and arguably the best of them all, Liam McBean.

Looking scary.

Nige

That's just hoarding.  :P

Jroo

Quote from: Nige on December 13, 2014, 02:53:20 PM
You can have one if you like. :P

Seriously though, I was expecting Lids to get DPP and thought one of Christo or BJ may get DPP, but wasn't expecting them all. So I probably would look at trading some fwds.

Nige

Quote from: JROO8 on December 13, 2014, 02:56:47 PM

Seriously though, I was expecting Lids to get DPP and thought one of Christo or BJ may get DPP, but wasn't expecting them all. So I probably would look at trading some fwds.
Siposs is all yours.  ;)

ossie85

Thinking about allowing teams to trade next year's draft picks in the second trade period...

Just a thought

kilbluff1985

Quote from: ossie85 on December 13, 2014, 03:05:09 PM
Thinking about allowing teams to trade next year's draft picks in the second trade period...

Just a thought

approval would have to be pretty strict like if it's going to weaken a team to much don't approve

Jroo

Quote from: Nige on December 13, 2014, 02:58:57 PM

Siposs is all yours.  ;)
Hmm, can I take Beams instead?

That's a really interesting idea Oz, I like it.

Nige

Quote from: JROO8 on December 13, 2014, 03:16:17 PM
Hmm, can I take Beams instead?
Not a chance.  :P

Personally not a fan Oss.

Jukes

Quote from: ossie85 on December 13, 2014, 03:05:09 PM

Just a thought

I'm a big fan of this, just like it's done in the NFL!

I'd be happy to trade 6-years worth of first rounders for a super premium :P

DazBurg

shifty shifty

remember you claiming he had no chance

ofc i knew then and still know now that was holding your cards close to your chest

well played sir ;)

Jroo

Quote from: The BeDazzler on December 13, 2014, 05:46:38 PM

shifty shifty

remember you claiming he had no chance

ofc i knew then and still know now that was holding your cards close to your chest

well played sir ;)
Haha, I did claim that. But at that time I wasn't ultra confident  :P

Purple 77

I wouldn't really go for it, could see teams crippling their short term, or teams becoming super premium through trading future picks. Unless you just meant 2015 picks?

Quote from: meow meow on December 13, 2014, 05:20:23 PM
There's a massive incentive to just take the cheap and easy option and trade away all your picks for players and a lot of teams do that now as it is. There should be some incentive to draft your own team. Can we get a 10% reduction of points under the cap for players originally drafted to our own teams? When my blokes start to come good I'll have to trade some out due to the cap and all that does is encourage teams to be poachers.

I like the cap reduction idea for players originally drafted at the club. Maybe have the 10% reduction only when you are close to the cap, but if struggling to be over the minimum cap, you could include those points back in again? Like, points in the flux or something  :P

AaronKirk

Cannot say that I am a fan of your idea there Oss.

I see the merit in the idea thrown up by Meow though. An incentive to grow your team with players drafted instead of raiding the lower teams to top up.