Main Menu

WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My Chumps

I don't mind it.

Would have to enforce a twenty-four hour time limit to reject/accept the pick and then it'd work fine. Better than trading a player for a pick and hoping a certain few draftees slip to your position. 

Nige

So meow's on track to have 10 of the picks in the first two rounds if counted right. Crazy stuff.

One of best draft pools in recent years and people are apparently quite content in missing out, quite intriguing.  :o

meow meow

Quote from: Nige on November 02, 2014, 06:42:22 PM
So meow's on track to have 10 of the picks in the first two rounds if counted right. Crazy stuff.

One of best draft pools in recent years and people are apparently quite content in missing out, quite intriguing.  :o

Just the 9 picks inside the top 27 at this stage, I'm not a hog!

Nige

Quote from: meow meow on November 02, 2014, 06:45:51 PM

A casual 1/3 of the top 27. That's awesome, I must be the only envious one.  :P

elephants

Quote from: Nige on November 02, 2014, 06:50:05 PM

I would be jelly but 2 of the top 5 is pretty great ;)

kilbluff1985

much better off trading picks for established players if you did it every year your list would be looking good

Torpedo10

Quote from: elephants on November 02, 2014, 07:55:07 PM
Quote from: Nige on November 02, 2014, 06:50:05 PM

I would be jelly but 2 of the top 5 is pretty great ;)
I'm totally annoyed.  :P

elephants

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 02, 2014, 07:57:19 PM
much better off trading picks for established players if you did it every year your list would be looking good

1) a lot of people don't wanna do that
2) given our position I'm more than happy to wait a while for my Nat picks to become superstars. Means we'll have 15 of the best in a few years time ;)

Nige

Quote from: elephants on November 02, 2014, 10:57:02 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 02, 2014, 07:57:19 PM

1) a lot of people don't wanna do that
2) given our position I'm more than happy to wait a while for my Nat picks to become superstars. Means we'll have 15 of the best in a few years time ;)
+1

meow meow

I'll be happy for you guys to let Lever slip through to the 20's then produce 2005-2007 Chad Cornes-like performances.

Nige

With the trade period just about over and the drafts not far away, I'm very interested to see all the new best XVs and maybe some ladder predictions for 2015 after that.

Should keep the discussion and banter going while we wait for the drafts.  :D

ossie85

re: meow's idea

Is interesting, but think we've passed rule changes for a while. Next time we talk about rules, feel free to raise it again

Memphistopheles

Quote from: ossie85 on November 03, 2014, 02:35:41 PM

Is interesting, but think we've passed rule changes for a while. Next time we talk about rules, feel free to raise it again

Yeah we def couldn't do it now otherwise teams would have traded differently. Meow has a huge advantage at the moment with all his picks :P

meow meow

Quote from: Memphistopheles on November 03, 2014, 03:07:37 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on November 03, 2014, 02:35:41 PM

Yeah we def couldn't do it now otherwise teams would have traded differently. Meow has a huge advantage at the moment with all his picks :P

I didn't suggest it to gain some sort of advantage haha. I just thought it might be interesting, and could give people another chance to get a trade done. Look back through the old drafts and see how many people say "I wish i had another pick, there's a guy left who I would love to take".

Toga

I think it would be a cool idea! Maybe next year :)