Main Menu

WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

That's actually a pretty awesome idea. There would be more appropriate real-life options to put in the ruck, instead of say Josh Green playing there and getting reduced to 50 points, where in real-life he wouldn't have even got near it.

Torp

CrowsFan

I don't like it for obvious reasons :P

elephants

Quote from: Honey Badger on August 20, 2014, 07:09:08 PM
I don't like it for obvious reasons :P

Boo :P #sharingiscaring

ossie85

M0nty medal tuesday night

for the idea, id beed someone to extract heights for me

Toga

Quote from: ossie85 on August 20, 2014, 07:28:08 PM
for the idea, id beed someone to extract heights for me

Could we just make it if you need to enforce the rule, you need to include the height of the OOP player in your team sheet for the week? And maybe just go by the FF listings on each player's profile?

And if you fail to notify that you are going OOP/fail to list the player's height then you cop a penalty?

DazBurg

makes a hell of alot more of work for Ossie to double check things
so i think leave it as it is

Nails

surely we're all old enough to use the honour system

except Torp :-X but that's not an issue anymore :P

Ricochet

Could nominate a handful of players (like 5) at the start of the year, list their height and multiplier, then just refer to that if required

Holz

Not sure about things like this, people have drafted and traded accordingly to go after ruckman because of their value. I only have 1 ruck and if he misses I feel I should get the full discount just like if im short a forward or a midfielder.

Torp

Quote from: Nails on August 20, 2014, 08:03:23 PM
surely we're all old enough to use the honour system

except Torp :-X but that's not an issue anymore :P
....What.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: DazBurg on August 20, 2014, 07:55:04 PM

It's not because how often does a team play an OOP ruck in a season?

Not many - I'd expect less than two a week if that. It's only likely to be the odd game or two.

Holz my point for this rule being for rucks only is that in the AFL there are a very limited amount of rucks so even if a WXV team drafts a few if they get hit by injuries (for examples, Vardy, ZSmith and S Martin all missed for us this year at the same time) then you are at a big disadvantage.

And if it's a serious injury then you are stuck with an OOP ruck all year.

There's still a substantial penalty as my example showed with Daniher literally the tallest non ruck listed player this year I believe and he only would get 83% of his score.

Also in the AFL you never see a short guy playing in the ruck which happens for OOP rucks in this comp. the worst ruck I can think of OOP in real life in the last few seasons is Zac Dawson last season for Freo.

It also helps mitigate the fact that in SC sometimes rucks are not given ruck status even though they are clearly ruckmen. For example Lycett last year (or was it this year) and Tom Campbell were forwards only.

DazBurg

Quote from: Memphistopheles on August 20, 2014, 08:59:17 PM
Quote from: DazBurg on August 20, 2014, 07:55:04 PM

It's not because how often does a team play an OOP ruck in a season?

Not many - I'd expect less than two a week if that. It's only likely to be the odd game or two.

Holz my point for this rule being for rucks only is that in the AFL there are a very limited amount of rucks so even if a WXV team drafts a few if they get hit by injuries (for examples, Vardy, ZSmith and S Martin all missed for us this year at the same time) then you are at a big disadvantage.

And if it's a serious injury then you are stuck with an OOP ruck all year.

There's still a substantial penalty as my example showed with Daniher literally the tallest non ruck listed player this year I believe and he only would get 83% of his score.

Also in the AFL you never see a short guy playing in the ruck which happens for OOP rucks in this comp. the worst ruck I can think of OOP in real life in the last few seasons is Zac Dawson last season for Freo.

It also helps mitigate the fact that in SC sometimes rucks are not given ruck status even though they are clearly ruckmen. For example Lycett last year (or was it this year) and Tom Campbell were forwards only.

let's not forget matthew knights going into the final with adelaide with nathan lovett murray as ruckman

Nige

I'm kinda over these 238219 new rules and concepts popping up.

Whatever happened to keeping it simple?  :(

Vinny

Dillos have no playing ruck this season at this stage and we don't mind not having this rule. Like an AFL club we will draft or trade in a ruckmen. Great suggestion but, cannot just look for alternative ways that just fit the "Replicates AFL" when something goes wrong IMO. It's just makes WXV more complicated.