Main Menu

WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Yeah just to confirm free agency are any players who have played 10 home and away reserves matches

Holz

Quote from: ossie85 on July 30, 2014, 05:25:10 PM
Yeah just to confirm free agency are any players who have played 10 home and away reserves matches

yay Martin is safe, thats one less for free agency.

CrowsFan

Quote from: ossie85 on July 30, 2014, 05:17:50 PM
Happy to add an age limit also, 21 probably :)
Yeah 21/22 is probably fair. Just stops people from losing their high draft picks after 1 or 2 seasons when they aren't scoring well yet :)

Ringo

I like HP Idea that we have an age restriction on players that re to be poached. We draft some players for depth and little do we now that all of a sudden they are playing Seniors because of injury.  In my case did not expect Darcy Gardiner to be playing Seniors this year,

So maybe players under 21 can not be poached and not subject to the 25% increase in salary. Just think that it will effect depth of some teams.

Apart from that is sound and do not mind it.

One clarification say I come to a trade agreement with Dublin for Josh Green does he stay on the free agency or is he removed. Would like to think he is removed. Just strategising here to see whether it is worth trading or holding out hoping to get at auction.  Trading becomes attractive if removed.

ossie85

Quote from: Ringo on July 30, 2014, 05:35:45 PM
One clarification say I come to a trade agreement with Dublin for Josh Green does he stay on the free agency or is he removed. Would like to think he is removed. Just strategising here to see whether it is worth trading or holding out hoping to get at auction.  Trading becomes attractive if removed.

Good point Ringo, always thinking of stuff I've overlooked!

.... Yeah, sounds fair to be removed from free agency I suppose. Can you imagine in the AFL if a player got traded to somewhere and then said 'nah, I'm going again!' lol

Justin Bieber

Seeing as Patton has pretty much been injured for 2 straight seasons, can we get an extra season or two at least considering injury affected youngsters? He's currently 21 but this is pretty much his first season where he's playing more than a handful of games.

Hard life at PNL :(. Have to cut 1.4 Mil from our salary cap not to mention likely having to load up another few $$$ for at least 2 of our players up for free agency :(.

ossie85

Yeah, it is tough for PNL, I agree, but no matter how I arrange the numbers PNL are way out in front for any salary cap :/

Justin Bieber

I've just been PM'd by more than one coach telling me they're interested in Patton... If I can't get special consideration for him, he's going to get poached and nothing we can do about it :(. Despite paying #4 for him and watching him sit out for two straight seasons :'(.

Please Oss, help your love-child team :( :( :(.

roo boys!

Maybe I'm just a simple man and can't be bothered doing the maths every time I make a trade or assess my list...maybe its the fact I'm sitting a million bucks over the cap. I don't know what it is, but I'm still against this.

I do see the merit behind it, however I just think it would be simpler to stick to current rules. That being said, I do see how the lower sides with not a lot to throw around on the trade table may struggle. That's where their early draft picks can be good trade bait however!

CrowsFan

Quote from: Hellopplz on July 30, 2014, 05:44:22 PM
I've just been PM'd by more than one coach telling me they're interested in Patton... If I can't get special consideration for him, he's going to get poached and nothing we can do about it :(. Despite paying #4 for him and watching him sit out for two straight seasons :'(.

Considering he turned 21 this year, wouldn't that make him exempt if the age barrier was set at 21, so he couldn't be poached?

Master Q

With your Dane Swan example - Nails wants to reduce him to 400k, I offer 600k, but so does another team. What happens from there? Does it become who is happy to pay the most?

Also, can you trade free agents after you acquire them (sign and trade)?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Honey Badger on July 30, 2014, 05:45:50 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on July 30, 2014, 05:44:22 PM

Considering he turned 21 this year, wouldn't that make him exempt if the age barrier was set at 21, so he couldn't be poached?
Unless it's like only under 21, if it's 21 then it'll work out for us :D.

Given, 1.4 Mil to cut from out team is no easy feat when alot will be in the mid 300k region...

Nige

Quote from: roo boys! on July 30, 2014, 05:45:34 PM
Maybe I'm just a simple man and can't be bothered doing the maths every time I make a trade or assess my list...maybe its the fact I'm sitting a million bucks over the cap. I don't know what it is, but I'm still against this.

I do see the merit behind it, however I just think it would be simpler to stick to current rules. That being said, I do see how the lower sides with not a lot to throw around on the trade table may struggle. That's where their early draft picks can be good trade bait however!
Not alone there buddy.

I now understand the idea, but I'm still not such a fan.

ossie85

Quote from: Master Q on July 30, 2014, 05:50:16 PM
With your Dane Swan example - Nails wants to reduce him to 400k, I offer 600k, but so does another team. What happens from there? Does it become who is happy to pay the most?

Also, can you trade free agents after you acquire them (sign and trade)?

Yep, whoever offers the most but Nails gets final bid

Once you have them, reckon you can trade them.  But at that players new price

fine, 22 (as in if you turned 22 on January 1 2015 you are free game) as age lol

and we've always had maths with previous system also :)

Holz

Teams who wish to decrease a player's value can do so here. I.e. Buenos Aires saying 'I want to decrease Swan's salary to $400k'. If any coach wants to pay that price (or any price up to his original salary), Buenos Aires will be forced to either match the maximum bid, keep him at his original price, or let him go (to be compensated with a draft pick).

question on this.

say they drop swan from 600 to 400k and someone offers 650k. do they need to match the 650k or just go to the original price of 600k. becasue if its the original shouldnt every team just slash there budgets and worse case they just go back to original price.