Main Menu

Triple J hottest 100

Started by quinny88, January 24, 2014, 04:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bomberboy0618

As long as Riptide doesn't win I don't really care. Royals isn't that good of a song but obviously it's right in the sweet spot as far as exposure goes. Get Lucky is pretty good but think it was released too early in the year.

Triple J hasn't sold out, they can't make music. They only play what they get. Yeah some of it is shower but there's still a lot of quality. I think FBi is doing more to break bands when you look at their most played list but I digress.

quinny88

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on January 25, 2014, 01:17:49 PM
As long as Riptide doesn't win I don't really care. Royals isn't that good of a song but obviously it's right in the sweet spot as far as exposure goes. Get Lucky is pretty good but think it was released too early in the year.

Triple J hasn't sold out, they can't make music. They only play what they get. Yeah some of it is shower but there's still a lot of quality. I think FBi is doing more to break bands when you look at their most played list but I digress.

Well they could sell out out if they started playing mainstream songs from nova and the fox but they don't.
Nova and the fox copy what they already brought out weeks before and they still get called sell outs  ::) can't win

Ziplock

Quote from: quinny88 on January 25, 2014, 01:05:32 PM
Quote from: BratPack on January 25, 2014, 09:50:12 AM
Quote from: upthemaidens on January 25, 2014, 09:27:29 AM
Quote from: BratPack on January 25, 2014, 07:59:36 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on January 24, 2014, 11:35:49 PM
Quote from: BratPack on January 24, 2014, 09:00:29 PM
Easiest prediction ever

1. Some overhyped piece of shower that noone cares about and the real JJJ (IE: Not the sellouts they are now) would never have touched with a 20 foot pole

Obviously plenty of people care about her if she's gonna win it  ::) and she was played on JJJ before any other station as most good artists are. It's not their fault the other stations get a hold of them and play them to death.

We call those people "idiots" and the very fact JJJ played those type of songs at all merely proves my point about them
Is that the same "real JJJ" that had  Dennis Leary- A$$hole or Offspring- Pretty fly  as their number one songs?
       ....Think I know who the real "idiot" here is.

Dennis Leary was indicative of the stations and the listeners attitude against the mainstream

Pretty Fly was after the sellout, thank you again for proving my point

Again.. It's not triple J's fault that the mainstream stations get ahold of their music and play it to death. Triple J still uncover more bands and musicians than any other station. Royals was played for weeks on triple J before it hit mainstream radio. Mainstream songs win now days because everyone votes for the songs they know and it's not just triple J listeners that vote. Over a million people vote. Nothing to do with "selling out". The countdown has just become bigger and bigger every year

fyi, I'm pretty triple J has like 2mil+ listeners each week or something ridiculous :P

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on January 25, 2014, 01:17:49 PM

haha, I've never been able to get into fbi. I think it's because I always listen to the radio to and from the station when uni's on, and because of the ridiculously long train ride, I happened to be hitting fbi at some certain time when every song they played sounded like shower.

Seriously... in the last month of uni I probably tuned into fbi like 50+ times, and heard one song I didnt think was terrible :P

bomberboy0618

I've never actually listened to FBi but quite a few of the bands I listen to got played on there, and then put on mixtapes like the handgames one (handgames.bandcamp.com). I guess it's the equivalent of triple r in Melbourne.

Cicjose

Dave Grohl with his 37th involvement in the Hottest 100 with Queens of the Stone Age's My God Is The Sun

upthemaidens

Quote from: upthemaidens on January 24, 2014, 04:42:37 PM
      My prediction for top 10 in order

1)  Lorde- Royals  (likely winner)
        2)  Daft punk- Get lucky
        3)  Vance joy- Riptide
        4)  Artic Monkeys- Do I wanna know
        5)  Birds of Tokyo- Lanterns
        6)  Haim- The wire
        7)  Arcade fire- Reflektor
        8   Matt Corby- Resolution
        9)  Lorde- Tennis court
      10)  Chvrches- Gun

The first of my picks have come in  Chvrches-Gun #37  (it was the dark horse roughy of the group)

Ziplock

Nails

Quote from: Ziplock on January 26, 2014, 06:10:45 PM
Get lucky was 39 wasn't it?

That was Get Lucky - San Cisco Cover

not the actual song.

Nige

Haven't been on all day to listen.  :(

Going through the countdown now though.

Ziplock

Quote from: Nails on January 26, 2014, 06:15:12 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on January 26, 2014, 06:10:45 PM
Get lucky was 39 wasn't it?

That makes sense... I was in the other room and thought it sounded weird, and was surprised it was so low.

That was Get Lucky - San Cisco Cover

not the actual song.

CrowsFan

upthemaidens

Quote from: upthemaidens on January 26, 2014, 05:27:56 PM
Quote from: upthemaidens on January 24, 2014, 04:42:37 PM

2)  Daft punk- Get lucky
        3)  Vance joy- Riptide
        5)  Birds of Tokyo- Lanterns   (#22)
        6)  Haim- The wire
        7)  Arcade fire- Reflektor  (#16)
        8   Matt Corby- Resolution
        9)  Lorde- Tennis court
      10)  Chvrches- Gun    (#37)

The first of my picks have come in  Chvrches-Gun #37  (it was the dark horse roughy of the group)
Surprised Lanterns didnt finish higher..   Still have 7 songs left with 15 to go..

Nige

My Chumps

Hoping Get Lucky wins out of the contenders tbh.

I voted for:

Flume/Chet Faker - Drop The Game
James Blake - Retrograde (#13)
Earl Sweatshirt - Sunday (N/A)
Arctic Monkeys - Do I Wanna Know?
Chance The Rapper - Good Ass Intro (N/A)
Kanye - New Slaves
Daft Punk - Instant Crush (#58)
Arcade Fire - Reflektor (#16)
King Krule - Easy Easy (N/A)
Pusha T - Numbers on the Board (N/A)

I think New Slaves, Do I Wanna Know? and Drop The Game will be top 10.

upthemaidens

2)  Daft punk- Get lucky
        3)  Vance joy- Riptide
        5)  Birds of Tokyo- Lanterns  (#22)
        6)  Haim- The wire            (#11)
        7)  Arcade fire- Reflektor    (#16)
        8   Matt Corby- Resolution  (#8)
        9)  Lorde- Tennis court  (#12)
      10)  Chvrches- Gun    (#37)