Main Menu

Triple J hottest 100

Started by quinny88, January 24, 2014, 04:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cicjose

that song is the worst song i've heard all year

Get Lucky deserves to win but wont

CrowsFan

Not actually a fan of Royals or Get Lucky. The second one as way overplayed!

quinny88

CrowsFan

Anyway for the record the songs I voted for were...

Alunageorge - Attracting Flies
Childish Gambino - 3005
Disclosure - White Noise
CHVRCHES - Gun
Vance Joy - Riptide
Ta-ku - I Miss You
Big Scary - Twin Rivers
Bluejuice - S.O.S.
Matt Corby - Resolution
Rudimental - Waiting All Night

Feel free to hate on them ;)

Nails

forgot to vote, like I do every year  :'(

Was 2pm on Mondee and I was like "time to vote"

then I remembered voting closed 2 hours earlier.

BratPack

Quote from: quinny88 on January 24, 2014, 11:35:49 PM
Quote from: BratPack on January 24, 2014, 09:00:29 PM
Easiest prediction ever

1. Some overhyped piece of shower that noone cares about and the real JJJ (IE: Not the sellouts they are now) would never have touched with a 20 foot pole

Obviously plenty of people care about her if she's gonna win it  ::) and she was played on JJJ before any other station as most good artists are. It's not their fault the other stations get a hold of them and play them to death.

We call those people "idiots" and the very fact JJJ played those type of songs at all merely proves my point about them

upthemaidens

Quote from: BratPack on January 25, 2014, 07:59:36 AM
Easiest prediction ever

1. Some overhyped piece of shower that noone cares about and the real JJJ (IE: Not the sellouts they are now) would never have touched with a 20 foot pole

Obviously plenty of people care about her if she's gonna win it  ::) and she was played on JJJ before any other station as most good artists are. It's not their fault the other stations get a hold of them and play them to death.

We call those people "idiots" and the very fact JJJ played those type of songs at all merely proves my point about them
Is that the same "real JJJ" that had  Dennis Leary- A$$hole or Offspring- Pretty fly  as their number one songs?
       ....Think I know who the real "idiot" here is.

Torpedo10

Lanterns & Royals to be 1 & 2.  ;)

BratPack

Quote from: upthemaidens on January 25, 2014, 09:27:29 AM
Easiest prediction ever

Is that the same "real JJJ" that had  Dennis Leary- A$$hole or Offspring- Pretty fly  as their number one songs?

Dennis Leary was indicative of the stations and the listeners attitude against the mainstream

Pretty Fly was after the sellout, thank you again for proving my point

upthemaidens

Quote from: BratPack on January 25, 2014, 09:50:12 AM
Easiest prediction ever

Dennis Leary was indicative of the stations and the listeners attitude against the mainstream

So the "real JJJ" was a 5 year period from 92' to 97' ?
          And to be fair, you dont actually have a point. You just sound like an old man living in the past and whinging about todays music. 

upthemaidens

Triple J will be replaying last years countdown today (just started).
     On Sunday is the actual hottest 100  and then on Monday they will be doing the 200 to 101 countdown.

Ziplock

tbh, I liked Lorde's Royal... but I don't think it deserves to be number 1  (although it will be). I reckon upthemaidens and honey badger have nailed the top 3.

Vinny

Honestly I don't like Royals whatsoever.

strikes91

couldn't think of anything worse listening to a radio all day. I'm going fishing

quinny88

Quote from: BratPack on January 25, 2014, 09:50:12 AM
Easiest prediction ever

Again.. It's not triple J's fault that the mainstream stations get ahold of their music and play it to death. Triple J still uncover more bands and musicians than any other station. Royals was played for weeks on triple J before it hit mainstream radio. Mainstream songs win now days because everyone votes for the songs they know and it's not just triple J listeners that vote. Over a million people vote. Nothing to do with "selling out". The countdown has just become bigger and bigger every year