Ellis vs Conca

Started by Brenny G, January 24, 2014, 12:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brenny G

The Tiges are in for a big year! After a strong finnish in 2013 including convincing wins against Hawthorn, Essendon and Fremantle toward the end of the season. Two young Tigers who are set for breakout years are Reece Conca and Brandon Ellis, Both players showed promise last season. Excluding Ellis' games where he got vested or injured, he averaged 98! And Conca, despite only averaging 18 disposals last year, he managed to average 80, he also showed glimpses of huge potential in most games. My question then, with Conca and Ellis only being 5k difference in price, who would you choose?

Ricochet

I'd choose Ellis over Conca tbh. Conca is due for a big year though

roti

Quote from: Brenny G on January 24, 2014, 12:17:02 AM
The Tiges are in for a big year! After a strong finnish in 2013 including convincing wins against Hawthorn, Essendon and Fremantle toward the end of the season. Two young Tigers who are set for breakout years are Reece Conca and Brandon Ellis, Both players showed promise last season. Excluding Ellis' games where he got vested or injured, he averaged 98! And Conca, despite only averaging 18 disposals last year, he managed to average 80, he also showed glimpses of huge potential in most games. My question then, with Conca and Ellis only being 5k difference in price, who would you choose?

Ellis plays the outside accumulator role which allows him to have games like against Melbourne last year where he had 39 touches. Conca plays an inside midfielder role where he can have an extremely effective game only getting 20-25 touches, so for AF Ellis is going to be the better pick

rider

haven't really looked at conca myself, but ellis is very likely to rejoin my team.

Jroo

Both are big breakout chances.
If I'd have to pick one I'd go with Ellis, just, but I wouldn't mind having both in my side, but no way I could fit them in.

Adamant

I'd go Conca out of the two.

Memphistopheles

Conca for me.

Ellis had his breakout season last year and will be solid but without defender eligibility there are much better and cheaper options around.