Which Forward

Started by Anthonyyyy, January 23, 2014, 09:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthonyyyy

I don't actually know that much about Hogan but all I know is he is meant to be a gun

Jimmykidd

If it were me, I'd say neither. Lol, sorry!

Clark seems to be pretty injury prone and hasn't really shown all that much as far as I can tell. Plus I don't like that price! ($250k) As for Hogan, I'd love to pick him, there's just too much risk for mine. Unproven at AFL level and hes young. Just look at Danihers first season as a guide I guess. I see them being similar. But, hey, he is supposed to be a gun.

For me I see more value in maybe a Fasolo or Rohan type. That's just me!

Bite the bullet! :D

oodmutler

GoLions

I'd go with Clark. Proven that he can be a good scorer when he stays on the park, and he doesn't have to remain injury free for that long to make you some good cash in order to swap him for a more reliable premium.

Anthonyyyy

I need someone under 300k and theres just no one there!

Dayze

Agree with lions.
Clark is proven. If fit will b melbournes number one forward.
Good scoring history. Was actually a very good player at one stage.
Still only 26.
If he is fit, which is a fair if, he will average between 75-85 which would b very handy.
Hogan will b lucky to average 60

Anthonyyyy

really hahaha I feel sorry for all the people who have just thought well everyone else is choosing him I might as well and then he turns out to be a dud

Ricochet

Clark is more proven mate. I'd grab him over Hogan at this stage.

I'd also consider:
Hggins
Fasolo
Karnezis
Rohan

Anthonyyyy

Higgins and Rohan I don't like as Higgins is too injury prone and Rohan doesn't seem like a supercoach player and may get the vest a lot! I like the 2 Collingwood player sbut I don't like there bye so it has really only left me with Hogan and Clark

Ricochet

I think that if you start one of Karny or Fasolo then they should be upgraded by or during the byes mate

Anthonyyyy

Anthonyyyy

now it is should I go for the more Clark because Clark could score a heap more than them but also is very Risky

Hippo

Ricochet

Quote from: Hippo on January 24, 2014, 11:01:22 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on January 24, 2014, 10:46:40 AM
I think that if you start one of Karny or Fasolo then they should be upgraded by or during the byes mate
Karny is out of the equation now

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-recruit-patrick-karnezis-dogged-by-osteitis-pubis/story-fndv8g1a-1226807898586
shower. That changes things a bit.
Fasolo better be flying for round 1

Hippo

I don't think there will be as many options as people think in the fwds with the popular ones

Higgins - Wouldn't pick him and correct me if i'm wrong but i think he has just started kicking the ball again, he would have to have a full pre season to even consider him.

Karny - OUT

Clarke - Only running, word is he prob won't be ready but time will tell

Bock - Can't find anything on him which is a worry

Kersten - Ankle injury and missed a couple of weeks training

Garlett - i haven't seen a Hawks supporters predicted team with him in it... allot of good players to back into the premiers team

JKH - killing training however a supporter spoke to a player and he commented on who he thought would be in rd 1 and he was not mentioned but the silver lining is i think if he impresses in the NAB he will get a crack at it

so potentially the above 7 may not be options at all.

that leaves

Fasola - is a option and training well, if named rd1 prob a must!

Rohan - Training in everything and is a lock for me named rd1 if named which he will be

Hogan - Not much to say, pick on hype but like Kersten has missed a couple of weeks