Main Menu

NAB Rising Star Comp

Started by Mr.Craig, January 22, 2014, 03:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: henry on August 12, 2014, 11:37:20 PM
I haven't been able to watch much footy all year, but I would have Dunstan and Langdon on top for the impact they have had straight away, as someone said playing as if theyve played 50 games already. I haven't seen much if any of bontompelli so can't really comment on him  :-\
This should pretty much sum up Bontempelli
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBU9xkd0l5o

Mr.Craig

Yeah so...ummm. We all sucked at this. :(

RaisyDaisy

How the hell is Bonti a $1.50 favourite? Surely the bookies are going to do their balls here

KK and Lewy Taylor are my picks. Think they have been the most consistent all year. A lot of the "favourites" have only had a couple of good games

Mailman the 2nd

No one was really in the same ball park as dunstan

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on August 14, 2014, 08:56:51 AM
exactly. watch him get ripped off though

Ricochet

Quote from: brad on August 14, 2014, 05:06:36 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on August 14, 2014, 08:56:51 AM
exactly. watch him get ripped off though
Yeh he's my pick too

RaisyDaisy

The problem with Dunstan is that he has missed too many games now

Lewis Taylor and KK have been the most consistent IMO, and I think consistency is more important that a couple of stand out patches

Would be happy to see Dunstan win though

Ringo

No love for Aish who I prefer over Taylor, Dunstan is sound as well but as you say Bontempelli is getting all the hype atm. One thing for certain it is not clear cut this year.

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 14, 2014, 05:12:55 PM

Lewis Taylor and KK have been the most consistent IMO, and I think consistency is more important that a couple of stand out patches

Dunstan has only missed 2-3 games more than the rest while still maintaining better averages than all the rest. He's had at least 7-8 standout games

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Ringo on August 14, 2014, 05:14:01 PM
No love for Aish who I prefer over Taylor, Dunstan is sound as well but as you say Bontempelli is getting all the hype atm. One thing for certain it is not clear cut this year.

Aish is the 2nd favourite at $8 behind Bonti who is $1.50

Cannot believe these odds. If these guys actually win, then the bookies are pulling all the strings!

Ricochet

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on August 14, 2014, 05:20:12 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 14, 2014, 05:12:55 PM

Dunstan has only missed 2-3 games more than the rest while still maintaining better averages than all the rest. He's had at least 7-8 standout games
Yeh still played 16 games so that shouldn't be too much of an issue. Jelwood won it on 18 games. All the other recent winners play 20ish games tho

Nige

Yeah, won't be happy if Dunstan is robbed.

GoLions

I actually prefer Taylor over Aish tbh

Nige

Quote from: GoLions16 on August 14, 2014, 06:05:41 PM
I actually prefer Taylor over Aish tbh

RaisyDaisy

I think I might actually put some money on Taylor, KK and Dunstan

I figure if one of them wins, then I will still make a nice profit but having insurance bets on the other 2 anyway

If Bonti or Aish wins, then it's rigged lol