Started by Mr.Craig, January 22, 2014, 03:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Manspeaker

man how did I forget Taylor  :-[

alright I probably should have thought about what I was saying first

still think Dunstan will up the top somewhere

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 02, 2014, 01:41:30 PM
hows it work anyway the Bookies have/had Bontempelli fav but has only played half the season thought that was strange
because he's flashy. he's done some freakish things but blokes like Dunstan have been so much more consistent

Nige

Dunstan and Taylor would be close to leading it.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: brad on August 02, 2014, 01:43:45 PM
hows it work anyway the Bookies have/had Bontempelli fav but has only played half the season thought that was strange
because he's flashy. he's done some freakish things but blokes like Dunstan have been so much more consistent

agreed i'd rather see Dunstan or Taylor win it

Mailman the 2nd

You don't get more points playing more games

Ringo

"At the end of the season, nine AFL personalities (typically administrators and All-Australian team selectors) vote for five of the twenty-two nominees, with their top selections earning five votes, their second selection earning four votes, etc. The player who receives the most votes is the winner."

Just to confirm number of games played is not a criteria but in saying that the more games you play the better your influence of the voting personalities.

Mailman the 2nd

That said, top 2 are easily Dunstan and KK. By far best stats of any other rising stars and in teams that weren't considered contenders at all throughout the year.

Dunstan in particular, considering how poor St. Kilda has been. Dunstan best rookie this year by far

Nige

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on August 02, 2014, 06:10:15 PM
That said, top 2 are easily Dunstan and KK. By far best stats of any other rising stars and in teams that weren't considered contenders at all throughout the year.

Dunstan in particular, considering how poor St. Kilda has been. Dunstan best rookie this year by far
Yep, exactly.

He's performed pretty much every week even when his side has been doing so poorly.

Ricochet

I hope Dunstan wins it, I jumped on him early in the year

Nige

Jake Stringer rightly awarded this week's rising star nom.

strikes91

Could easily win it Stringer, very impressive

CrowsFan

Quote from: NigeyS on August 11, 2014, 08:06:41 PM
Jake Stringer rightly awarded this week's rising star nom.
Finally!! Also 2 nominations for goal of the round is pretty impressive!

elephants

Was Langdon $101 at the start of the year? How I would've loved to have chucked a tenner on him!

Spite

I'm guessing the order will be;

Bonti - match winner and they love him (it's kinda a popularity contest)
Dunstan - unlucky here, deserves it
Langdon - played almost all games in a pies defence, had to play as if he's had 50 games already down back
KK or Taylor - both deserving but both won't be top 5
Merrett - again, he's good but popularity contest will get him top 5

henry

I haven't been able to watch much footy all year, but I would have Dunstan and Langdon on top for the impact they have had straight away, as someone said playing as if theyve played 50 games already. I haven't seen much if any of bontompelli so can't really comment on him  :-\