Main Menu

NAB Rising Star Comp

Started by Mr.Craig, January 22, 2014, 03:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-27/who-will-be-this-years-rising-star

AFL writers slightly favouring Bontempelli, but those with Taylor as the winner put forward a good case.

Dunstan didn't get too much love.

#teamlewistaylor

Mailman the 2nd

Yup pretty much exactly why Dunstan's gonna get robbed. 8 votes? Come off it lol

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on August 27, 2014, 10:31:40 AM
Yup pretty much exactly why Dunstan's gonna get robbed. 8 votes? Come off it lol
through no fault of his own, I feel I will grow to dislike Bontempelli. I really don't want to but I have that feeling

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: brad on August 27, 2014, 03:08:10 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on August 27, 2014, 10:31:40 AM
through no fault of his own, I feel I will grow to dislike Bontempelli. I really don't want to but I have that feeling

I love Bontempelli, people were questioning the Bulldogs for picking a skinny tall so early but he's turned into a really marketable player for them.

Wasn't the best rising star of the season though. Basically this award just turned into "who did the best after round 10" 

Nige

Bontempelli's going to win it for being flashy on a few occasions that were good enough to make the highlight reel.

Dunstan played most games and was pretty damn consistent and did very well for a first year kid in a side that got smashed many times.

Lewis Taylor is similar. Played every game, more often than not was involved, was pretty damn consistent and also stood out in a team that didn't have the best of years. Not to mention he barely got any attention compared to Aish.

stew42

Just saying, Cunningham for a smokey  ;)

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: stew42 on August 27, 2014, 03:42:50 PM
Just saying, Cunningham for a smokey  ;)
the Swans can't win everything Stewie :P

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: NigeyS on August 27, 2014, 03:28:00 PM
Bontempelli's going to win it for being flashy on a few occasions that were good enough to make the highlight reel.

Dunstan played most games and was pretty damn consistent and did very well for a first year kid in a side that got smashed many times.

Lewis Taylor is similar. Played every game, more often than not was involved, was pretty damn consistent and also stood out in a team that didn't have the best of years. Not to mention he barely got any attention compared to Aish.

Well said

The judges will get sucked in by Bonti's flashy moments no doubt  :-[

Big Mac

When do they decide the winners?

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Big  Mac on August 27, 2014, 07:26:18 PM
When do they decide the winners?

It was September 4th last year.

strikes91

does bontempelli's floater count as the (flashy moment)

although he did beat 2 or 3 players before hand

Spite

Quote from: strikes91 on August 27, 2014, 11:15:22 PM
does bontempelli's floater count as the (flashy moment)

although he did beat 2 or 3 players before hand

Haha if you think that's all that happened then go watch it again mate.

Bonti is also harassing the defenders first, then he lays a tackle on Frawley, mid tackle he managed to steal the ball off him, THEN he beats and weaves away from 2-3 defenders and THEN he nails a floater from the boundary line!

My Chumps

Quote from: ///////////////////////// on August 26, 2014, 04:04:54 PM
Bontempelli and Dunstan will finish the season on the same amount of games.

nrich102

If Squizzy doesn't win I call bullshower on this award.