Mid Price Forwards

Started by roti, January 22, 2014, 02:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roti

A lot of the teams going around at the moment seem to have a player from the 200-250k price range abiding in their F5 position at the moment, the question is who is the best option! Higgins probably is the best scorer, but if he makes it through 3 consecutive games it's cause for celebration, Clark too has shown he can score but has also had his injury troubles. Someone like Karnezis who promised so much this time last year but didn't deliver, perhaps he might in his new environment? Maybe you'd turn to his teammate in Fasolo? Bock the old hand? Or Hogan and Boyd the new kids on the block? So many options but no clear answer

GoLions

If all are named round 1, I'll have as many as I can in my starting team.

GCSkiwi

To be honest they're all a worry, I think Karny might be in an out of the team, plenty of competition there, Higgins, Clark and Bock all injury risks. Higgins is so promising but as you say durability a huge issue. a player on field giving you 40 points is better than an injured player with the potential of 90. Bock was attractive last year as his experience offered some job security, and maybe with a lack of Campbell Brown they will want an older head there but with each year the player group gets more experienced themselves that is worth less and less.

Also depends heavily on your team and bye structure I think, if all 4 were named round 1 I would pick Clark as his later bye suits my structure better. Bock second, very closely  followed by Karny, Higgins a clear last.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: GoLions16 on January 22, 2014, 02:52:55 AM

+1 Dangerfield is the only premo i will 100% lock happy to fill the other spots with these types and Fasolo, Rohan, Boyd, Hogan, Clark i wont have Higgins though and Bock would have to show something

_wato

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 22, 2014, 08:04:26 AM
Quote from: GoLions16 on January 22, 2014, 02:52:55 AM

+1 Dangerfield is the only premo i will 100% lock happy to fill the other spots with these types and Fasolo, Rohan, Boyd, Hogan, Clark i wont have Higgins though and Bock would have to show something

Couldn't agree more here with both of you. Loving your picture to bluff, hahaha :)

shaker

Just read that Melbourne say that Clarke is on track to play early in the year ideally round one so he may be your only choice as the others may even be less of a chance you might have to make your choice down the track

PS on the back page of the paper 8 days to go till supercoach opening  :)

_wato

Yeah February is always the time of year for SC. Cannot wait to officially get my team up and going.

Ricochet

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/melbourne-sweats-on-fitness-of-key-forwards-mitch-clark-chris-dawes-and-jesse-hogan/story-fndv8pdq-1226807083578

MELBOURNE will hit the NAB Challenge with its best available team, but cannot guarantee star forward Mitch Clark will be fit for Round 1.

The Demons have a trio of key forwards in Clark, ex-Collingwood tall Chris Dawes (knee) and Jesse Hogan (knee) all yet to join in full training.

Hogan should be back with the full squad this week after a minor knee strain, while Dawes is only being eased back into training after knee surgery pre-Christmas.

Clark is clearly the club's most dominant forward, but is yet to join full training after just 15 games due to a foot fracture in the past two years.

Melbourne is hopeful he will filter into the pre-season campaign, but is not rushing him.

_wato

Uh oh, cannot guarantee he'll be fit for Round 1.

Problems already.. Thanks Rico

Ricochet

Yeh I think I'll be staying away now

_wato

Who can replace him though? I don't like Higgins and I'm not sold on Karnzy, Bock or Fasolo. Problems now, arrrgh

ben_020285

If Clark is named round 1 lock him in. At 250k it doesn't matter if he has had an interrupted pre-season.

If he doesn't line up then look elsewhere.

_wato

Quote from: ben_020285 on January 22, 2014, 10:53:41 AM
If Clark is named round 1 lock him in. At 250k it doesn't matter if he has had an interrupted pre-season.

I think it does with an interrupted preseason - I just can't help but think he'll be too underdone especially after his long layoff.

ben_020285

Quote from: _wato on January 22, 2014, 11:02:47 AM

I think it does with an interrupted preseason - I just can't help but think he'll be too underdone especially after his long layoff.

They won't play him unless he's fit. Not worth the risk with the persistent foot issues he's had. If he plays he will dominate, especially in the first few rounds against some of the weaker teams in the comp.

_wato

Quote from: ben_020285 on January 22, 2014, 11:13:42 AM
Quote from: _wato on January 22, 2014, 11:02:47 AM

They won't play him unless he's fit. Not worth the risk with the persistent foot issues he's had. If he plays he will dominate, especially in the first few rounds against some of the weaker teams in the comp.

Yeah true mate. Interesting to notice all three of Clark, Dawes and Hogan are all not training withy he main group, so it may just be the old, who can get themselves up for Round 1 of NAB challenge scenario. Hopefully he gets himself fit, as he is quite a prolific scorer.