2 Premium Rucks

Started by Money, January 21, 2014, 06:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Money

Just wanting to know people's opinions, is it worth having 2 premium starting rucks if it means starting 2 rooks at D6 and F6. For example Goldstein and Minson but Rohan at F6 and Fuller at D6?

Mr.Craig

It's more of an option in DT than AF. I think the positives of a premium/Sandi/Longer/rookie set up outway the negatives. If you decide on two premium starters then you'll probably want to go as cheap as possible at R3 and R4 which could bring its own problems with coverage and cash generation. For the two premiums to give you an advantage you'd need Sandi to go down early and bugger other people up, but by having a cheap D6 and F6 you are limiting some of those potential advantages any way.

Premium/H-Mac or Premium/Grundy might be worth considering. Picking someone at R2 that you feel will rise in value a bit one way or the other seems like a good strategy to me.

Master Q

I also think it depends on the rookies who play Round 1.

I don't mind having a rookie at 6 if I have another two playing on the bench.

_wato

Quote from: Mr.Craig on January 21, 2014, 07:05:42 PM
It's more of an option in DT than AF. I think the positives of a premium/Sandi/Longer/rookie set up outway the negatives. If you decide on two premium starters then you'll probably want to go as cheap as possible at R3 and R4 which could bring its own problems with coverage and cash generation. For the two premiums to give you an advantage you'd need Sandi to go down early and bugger other people up, but by having a cheap D6 and F6 you are limiting some of those potential advantages any way.

Premium/H-Mac or Premium/Grundy might be worth considering. Picking someone at R2 that you feel will rise in value a bit one way or the other seems like a good strategy to me.

I agree here with Craig mate, cash generation is more important than anything, and any of Grundy/Hmac/Sandi should all score reasonably well but also make cash at the same time. You could use your money better across other lines than the Ruck line I think.

GM

Quote from: _wato on January 21, 2014, 08:42:44 PM

I agree here with Craig mate, cash generation is more important than anything, and any of Grundy/Hmac/Sandi should all score reasonably well but also make cash at the same time. You could use your money better across other lines than the Ruck line I think.
+1 This my preferred tactic in AF & Dt but not in SC.

_wato

Quote from: greenmoon on January 21, 2014, 09:40:40 PM
Quote from: _wato on January 21, 2014, 08:42:44 PM

+1 This my preferred tactic in AF & Dt but not in SC.

Yeah mate, I believe that also. Supercoach is such a different game to AF or DT.

Ricochet

I don't think it is man. Need to capitalise on the value this year. And there is too much value in the rucks to start with two top end priced premos