Bored at work, here's my team to fill in time

Started by Steelevill, January 21, 2014, 03:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelevill

TEAM NAME: Steeleville
DEF: J. McVeigh, H. Lumumba, H. Shaw, N. Vlastuin, M. Suckling, J. Kolodjashnij (M. Fuller, C. Howard)
MID: J. Steven, D. Prestia, D. Heppell, D. Beams, S. Wellingham, J. Viney, J. Lonergan, C. Young (L. Dunstan, M. Crouch)
RUC: W. Minson, T. Goldstein (T. Nankervis, S. Michael)
FWD: T. Cloke, C. Wingard, L. Franklin, L. Dahlhaus, T. Broomhead, J. Paine (D. Garlett, D. Markworth)
CASH LEFT: $3,900

Most of these players can consider themselves temporary, as I aim to trade them upwards. Suckling, I hope will be back to cranking out tons. Worried about C Young and his injury-prone body. Willy/Goldy - dominant ruckmen. Buddy, settled, small ground, could kick 120.

Thoughts would be appreciated, lads.

Azzas Dockers

Very good team, a couple of thoughts.

Wellingham has not had the greatest preseason, I wonder if it is worth while finding the extra 70k and getting Marc Murphy.

J. Viney, J. Lonergan, C. Young (L. Dunstan, M. Crouch)

IF you replace three of these with Polec, Beams and Michie you are saving money and in my opinion getting players with better scoring ability and job security.

I really like the idea of having Sandi and Longer as my second and 3rd ruck. Between them you get a high scoring player, job security and a great back player for only 400k. This will save you 100k roughly.

L. Dahlhaus, T. Broomhead, J. Paine (D. Garlett, D. Markworth)

Use your cash saved above to upgrade these players. I like Garlett, but I don't think the other players should be in your team.

I would look at players like Nathan Bock, Mitch Clark, Jed Lamb, Ben Kennedy and maybe D Martin if you have the cash.

Steelevill

Thanks Azza, appreciate the opinions.

That team I bunged together at work from memory. I suppose in the cold light of day even I would not pick Jackson Paine, but I was trying to fit the cap.

Good suggestions for most, although I've had Marc Murphy before and I found him inconsistently disappointing. Unfortunately, whenever a player does that to me I turn all European on them, "You are dead to me!". Maybe, that was Mexican.

Not sure I trust Sandi to stand up. Same goes for H-Mac.

Thanks again, Azza.