Bellchambers to miss three months

Started by Ricochet, January 21, 2014, 02:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eaglesman

ryder is a very tempting option for me now ... imo he is the sort of player that thrives when all the pressure and responsibility is placed on him - think Anzac day when he won the medal - when no pressure on him he can just go through the motions

_wato

Quote from: eaglesman on January 21, 2014, 08:26:21 PM
ryder is a very tempting option for me now ... imo he is the sort of player that thrives when all the pressure and responsibility is placed on him - think Anzac day when he won the medal - when no pressure on him he can just go through the motions

Really mate? What do you think he could possibly average before Belly comes back in? That's the question.

quinny88

I think Ryder could go 105+ easily.
When he goes into the middle he wins most of his hitouts with such a great leap and he is also agile enough to get around the ground and get his hands on the ball.
The real question is, how long will belly actually be out for? If it only goes a month into the season then Ryder's premium scores may be short lived

Bones Bombers

Quote from: _wato on January 21, 2014, 08:39:25 PM
Quote from: eaglesman on January 21, 2014, 08:26:21 PM

Really mate? What do you think he could possibly average before Belly comes back in? That's the question.
He could be scoring as well as any ruck early in the season, but you most likely wouldnt want him later when Belly returns. I haven't looked, but his scoring later in the season probably drops anyway considering how poorly we have finished the last few years.
So yeah he could score well early but then cost you a trade later. May be better to try and pick a keeper.
Obviously I hope I'm wrong and he kills it all year, including finals!

Mat0369

Quote from: Bones Bombers on January 21, 2014, 09:01:38 PM
He could be scoring as well as any ruck early in the season, but you most likely wouldnt want him later when Belly returns. I haven't looked, but his scoring later in the season probably drops anyway considering how poorly we have finished the last few years.
So yeah he could score well early but then cost you a trade later. May be better to try and pick a keeper.
Obviously I hope I'm wrong and he kills it all year, including finals!

I had a look earlier at his scores for the 2012 season (105 average), he played one game after round 15 so it is tough to get a real look at it

His scores on the back end of 2011 are actually really good, he has a shocker against the Hawks in round 14 and doesn't score under 80 the rest of the season

_wato

Apparently Belly is only out for 3-4 weeks after Round 1 so it may be short lived.

I won't be picking him.

eaglesman

I am either going to skimp the rucks and pick 2 of sandi/grundy/hmac or ryder/sandi or nic nat/sandi

if ya dont pick sandi this season you are supercoach irrelevant in terms of overall i think the blokes gonna make us 200k and score 100+

i am a massive fan of ryder i have had him at stages in previous seasons and he has done the job(as a forward) ... as assolo ruck i believe he can crack 100 comfortably

i have gone off the lobbe pick

_wato

Off the Lobbe pick? Reasons?

I'm sticking firm with Naitanui and if worse comes to worse ill upgrade to Leuenberger who I think will also have a great year, scoring wise.