Bellchambers to miss three months

Started by Ricochet, January 21, 2014, 02:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2014-01-21/bellchambers-to-miss-three-months

Essendon ruckman Tom Bellchambers will undergo surgery on his injured ankle, sidelining him for at least three months.

eaglesman

ryder comes a serious consideration for me now .... he is great when he is a solo ruck in my opinion

shaker

Who is the Bombers No 2 ruck now Daniher?

eaglesman

Quote from: shaker on January 21, 2014, 02:57:58 PM

reckon ryders workload this preseason just got increased ... daniher surely can not ruck for any sort of substantial time

nrich102

Quote from: eaglesman on January 21, 2014, 03:04:28 PM

reckon ryders workload this preseason just got increased ... daniher surely can not ruck for any sort of substantial time
Read in the prospectus that Daniher went to like 50 ruck contests this year, but only got 2 hit outs...

shaker

Quote from: nrich102 on January 21, 2014, 03:08:28 PM
Quote from: eaglesman on January 21, 2014, 03:04:28 PM

Read in the prospectus that Daniher went to like 50 ruck contests this year, but only got 2 hit outs...

They could also use Carlisle he is ruckman height don't know if he is ever used in the ruck

Mat0369

Ryder averaged around 105 when he was the solo ruck for most of the season in 2012. The main problem with Ryder is that he has missed games through injury and suspension the last two seasons. Otherwise he might be one of the better picks in terms of price.

kilbluff1985

enzedder

R4 can be a waste and I was considering using it on a cheap $102k player but might now change it to F.Thurlow their rookie. He's $118,400 and R/F according to Fan Planner. Might even get thrown in the deep end and get some games if Essendon's ruck stocks are that depleted. Belly's down for 3 months, Ryder has some injury history (played 15 games -2012, 17 games- 2013), Daniher is next choice. Hello Thurlow? I've put him in as R4 for now.

_wato

ubeaut

Quote from: enzedder on January 21, 2014, 03:39:55 PM
F4 can be a waste and I was considering using it on a cheap $102k player but might now change it to F.Thurlow their rookie. He's $118,400 and R/F according to Fan Planner. Might even get thrown in the deep end and get some games if Essendon's ruck stocks are that depleted. Belly's down for 3 months, Ryder has some injury history (played 15 games -2012, 17 games- 2013), Daniher is next choice. Hello Thurlow? I've put him in as F4 for now.
Yeah good thinking. Just as I predicted, letting Crameri and Gumby go  - HUGE mistake we are suffering already. Now Carlisles playing out of position. Bellchambers is injured so Ryder has to ruck. BUT we need tall forwards otherwise it's Carlisle and Daniher! Thurlow or someone will HAVE to come in now.

ubeaut

Quote from: _wato on January 21, 2014, 05:29:17 PM
Wow anyone fancy Patrick Ryder?
Love the guy but too many injuries suspensions and inconsistence. Bellchambers will come back and his scores will go down again so whether for that or injury you'd have to trade.

Sabretooth Tigers

???
Just changed from Lobbe/Sandilands  to  Luenberger/Lobbe. Would only have taken Sandi if Bellchambers was up forward for me.
Not sold on Dixon yet. All the best.    :D

SydneyRox

Fantasy wise, the only thing this might effect is bringing in Thurlow assuming he gets upgraded.

Belly and Ryder and Ryder now, still just not good enough to hold down R1.

So much good value in the rucks this year.

_wato

Quote from: ubeaut on January 21, 2014, 05:35:35 PM
Quote from: _wato on January 21, 2014, 05:29:17 PM
Wow anyone fancy Patrick Ryder?
Love the guy but too many injuries suspensions and inconsistence. Bellchambers will come back and his scores will go down again so whether for that or injury you'd have to trade.

Yeah very true mate, I was only asking as I'd never have him in my team unless he scores 110+ haha, Naitanui is the choice I have as R1 so far.