Main Menu

Lennon makes an impression

Started by Ricochet, January 20, 2014, 10:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-01-20/lennon-makes-an-impression

Richmonds first pick in the 2013 National Draft, Ben Lennon, is making an impression on training track as he bids to put himself in the frame for an early debut.

Lennon has settled into the rigours of the pre-season, improving with every session.

'My running has improved, I did most of the testing before Christmas and it was not as good as what it needed to be.  But after Christmas it has really improved,' Lennon told the Herald Sun.

Nige

Toga

Good to hear that he's training well, I know a lot of guys in the junior system seriously do rate Benny so hopefully he can get out on the park a bit this year and become a player for us 8)

_wato

Anyone think he will be a Round 1 starter? I have my doubts.

Toga

Quote from: _wato on January 21, 2014, 08:03:28 PM

Yeah as I commented in another P&T thread I think there's a lot of competition for those few small fwd spots between guys like King, Titch, Knightsy, Nippa Gordon, Sam Lloyd, Matt McDonough, Az Edwards, Matt Arnot & Lennon to name a few so it's hard to guarantee he'll be able to string consecutive games together unfortunately..

Ricochet

Quote from: Toga on January 21, 2014, 10:00:05 PM
Quote from: _wato on January 21, 2014, 08:03:28 PM

Yeah as I commented in another P&T thread I think there's a lot of competition for those few small fwd spots between guys like King, Titch, Knightsy, Nippa Gordon, Sam Lloyd, Matt McDonough, Az Edwards, Matt Arnot & Lennon to name a few so it's hard to guarantee he'll be able to string consecutive games together unfortunately..
And being a new kid I'm guessing prime vest material. Much like Dimma used Ellis in his first 1 and a half years

Toga

Yeah absolutely Ricochet - I think there's a good chance someone like him will be the prime candidate for the green vest (although there are exceptions, just look at Tigga last year!)

Will be very interesting to see where Benny fits in in the next couple of months!

_wato

Quote from: Toga on January 22, 2014, 10:38:37 AM
Yeah absolutely Ricochet - I think there's a good chance someone like him will be the prime candidate for the green vest (although there are exceptions, just look at Tigga last year!)

Will be very interesting to see where Benny fits in in the next couple of months!

Hahahha who's Tigga? I'm guessing Nick Vlastuin? :P

Sure will mate, very very interesting dilemma

Toga

Bully

Ben looking the goods, 16 touches in a half of football. With our dysfunctional forward line he'll be a welcome addition.

Nige

Had a great outing for the VFL team, onya Beatle!  8)

Toga

Yeah Beats! Could get a call up soon if our forward line doesn't get it's shower together.

Andrew3747

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Andrew3747 on April 15, 2014, 12:01:20 AM
Any update on this beast?

Had 26 disposals and 7 marks in his first VFL game. Don't have the complete stats for last weekend but he is very close to getting a game.

quinny88

Quote from: Mr.Craig on April 15, 2014, 12:46:56 AM
Quote from: Andrew3747 on April 15, 2014, 12:01:20 AM
Any update on this beast?

Had 26 disposals and 7 marks in his first VFL game. Don't have the complete stats for last weekend but he is very close to getting a game.

Hopefully a nice SC option after the round 8 bye