Hawks SC scoring

Started by ubeaut, January 19, 2014, 06:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubeaut

Has anyone else noticed that only 1 Hawk (Mitchell) averaged over 100 in 2013? Bit strange for the Premier team!
Then there were 5 in the 90s - Buddy,Birchall,Lewis,Roughy and Hodge.

Not sure what it means for Supercoach exactly but I realised I never pick any Hawks apart from Buddy (who is now a Swan) There's nothing much to get excited about fantasy wise except maybe McEvoy?

Dayze

Just a pretty evenly spread out team.
No real huge accumulator.
Been like that for a while now.

MC

Nothing much to get excited about fantasy-wise?  :o

How about this: Mitchell AND Hodge can be picked up as defenders!

_wato

Also Jack GUNSTON, unsubbed and after Round 7 when he finally was a certain starter averaged 98.
Had 8 weeks where he tonned up every week except one (94) against fairly good opposition. And we all know how his finals series went, scoring 102, 146 and 124. I see him as underpriced by 10-15 points so has a load of cash to make and could become a top 8 forward at that 98 average. You'd be silly to not consider as a mid pricer in your forward line.. Also has a Round 9 bye which comes in handy for the forwards.

ubeaut

Quote from: MC on January 20, 2014, 02:14:15 AM

True, but only Mitchell got to 100 last season. Gunston will cop a lot more attention

_wato

Not with Mcevoy coming into the team, Hale drops forward and will receive the second defender after Roughead. Gunston will still receive the third best defender and a lot of the time most teams only have two good defenders.

Ricochet

I wouldn't have thought their structure would change in the rucks as McEvoy just replaces Bailey. So Hale still gets the same type of defender (in terms of 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc) and Gunston would move up one level with Buddy leaving?

_wato

True there Rico, but Mcevoy is a much more capable ruckman than Bailey ever was in my opinion, and Hale is very dangerous up forward. When Bailey was in the team they used to do a lot of rotation off the bench with him because he wasn't very capable up front and many times he was a liability.
Hale has a good set of hands and is very dangerous up forward, so in my opinion Gunston doesn't change the defender he will receive in any way. Roughy moves up a level, Hale drops into second and Gunston will stay at the third level.

You can't risk leaving Hale with the third defender who is usually smaller and more mobile just to get out marked at every contest. And if you left a smaller defender on him you'd need to double team him which means Gunston will have even more chance of receiving the ball.

Gunston will be more of a target than ever next year I believe, without Buddy and he will have a huge year in terms of his footy and fantasy scoring. He'll do a lot of the gut running up the field like we saw late in 2013 and be a real force to be reckoned with.

oodmutler

Yes!!! #LUXURY

colmullet

oodmutler

ubeaut

Quote from: ubeaut on January 20, 2014, 10:57:31 AM

True, but only Mitchell got to 100 last season. Gunston will cop a lot more attention
Also McVeigh,Bartel,Hanley and Walker all good scoring defenders too. Hodge inury prone. Mitchell is upgrade target for me.