Will you start with ablett?

Started by Munyk, January 19, 2014, 10:53:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: WizzFizz on January 26, 2014, 09:36:19 PM
Quote from: Grazz on January 25, 2014, 08:53:43 PM
Quote from: _wato on January 25, 2014, 08:19:42 PM
Quote from: WizzFizz on January 25, 2014, 07:34:21 PM
you can just highlight the good players pendlebury contends with. Every player will always have to contend with great players so how is pendle bury different from gaz, sellwood etc

Their draws are very similar, yes ablett has an easier run but the main taggers will follow him as he is one of few beasts at gold coast. Richmond freo brisbane and hawthorn in the first 4. They are just a little bit weaker than pendles' first 4 but as I said Ablett will be getting most if the tagging attention. The taggers will shift between pendles swan beams sidey etc but the taggers will stay on ablett.

Having said that i dont care as I will be getting both.  :)

I think Ablett and pendles will both avg 125-135

You're very right in some aspects mate, hahaha. I just did a quick research and had a look at each of their 7 games before the byes and did a 3 game average of their last 3 games just to get a little more insight into the averages instead of taking it on one game.

Pendlebury averaged 124.35 in 21 games against his opposition in the first seven games. 3 below 100, 12 above 120, top score of 160
Ablett averaged 146.25 in his 21 games against his position in the first seven games. 1 below 100, 19 above hundred, top score of 189.
That's alarming to me.. A 20 point difference between the two. Even if Ablett's output goes down 5 points per game he's averaging 140 and even if Pendlebury improves he's still averaging 130 which is well below Ablett.

I've just reconfirmed my choice of Gary Ablett. Good luck!

Nice work mate well done. ;)

Yea i just checked too.

Here are his last 3 scores for the teams he vs before the bye.

Richmond 120,133,127 AVG: 126.7
Freo 137,185,157 AVG: 159.6
Brisbane 112,127,150 AVG: 129.7
Hawthorn 149, 189,170 AVG: 166.3
Melbourne 67,152,165 AVG: 128
GWS 160,164,126 AVG: 150
North 153, 188, 139 AVG: 160

Last 3 avg to teams before byes: 146.1

Those scores are absolutely amazing. He'll be a Captain lock every round. Also Crowley and Raines couldn't stop him with avgs against Freo and Brissy 159.7 and 129.7 respectively. The only person to stop him was Jordy Mckenzie in which he scored only 67, his only score under 110 against the teams he vs before the byes. To sum it up, anyone who doesnt have him will suffer badly and will have a massive point of difference, a very terrible one in fact: failing to pick the little magician.
This. He is underpriced and fixture isnt that bad

roti

Need your help guys about whether it is worth getting Gaz into my team or not, illl give you some options.

1. Gaz/Hanley
compared too
Selwood/McVeigh

2. Gaz/Michie
compared too
Selwood/Martin

Do you think in either scenario the Gaz option is stronger? Not so sure myself

Jackross10

Quote from: roti on January 27, 2014, 06:00:58 PM
Need your help guys about whether it is worth getting Gaz into my team or not, illl give you some options.

1. Gaz/Hanley
compared too
Selwood/McVeigh

2. Gaz/Michie
compared too
Selwood/Martin

Option 1 I would go with GAZ and Hanley. I think gary is a must .

WizzFizz

Quote from: Jackross10 on January 27, 2014, 06:06:55 PM
Quote from: roti on January 27, 2014, 06:00:58 PM

1. Gaz/Hanley
compared too
Selwood/McVeigh

2. Gaz/Michie
compared too
Selwood/Martin

Option 1 I would go with GAZ and Hanley. I think gary is a must .

Sellwood might not even be right for round 1 the news says. Even so gary is a must.

Mat0369

Quote from: Mat0369 on January 21, 2014, 04:45:02 PM
Just a quick look at Gaz's scores against his opponents over the last two seasons up until his bye in round 8

Richmond: 133, 120
Freo: DNP, 137
Bris: 129, 150, 112
Hawks: 189, 149
Melb: 165, 152, 67
GWS: 125, 126, 160, 164
NM: 188, 153

That is a 142.29 average, I withdraw my previous statement, even if he has a 10 ppg drop off (which is what I am expecting) through that period he will still average close to that 130 against those teams

Quote from: greenmoon on January 21, 2014, 04:35:15 PM
I really can't see enough cash being made to be able to do that so early.
So wasting a couple of sideways trades to get him is not wise.
Pendles has Crowley first up , so how will he go?
Happy to have Gazza as a pod though.

The difference with Pendles and Gaz is that Gaz is the most likely to be tagged, Freo could send Crowley to 3 different guys although Pendles is the most likely to receive the tag. There is also the age difference

Just for those that didn't see it earlier

Grazz

Until the little master lets me down he's first picked every year. Leave him out at your peril.  ;)

Bennny

I was going to leave Ablett out until the Selwood foot injury came up which made be rethink Selwood's selection which then made me bring in GAJ. Very glad i ended up getting the little master, after recent research i realized you just cant go without him. So i'm actually happy Selwood got injured haha!

GoLions

I caved. Midfield is now Ablett, Pendles, Rocky, Beams, Daisy. Those stats on how well he averages against his opponents before the byes really swayed me to bring him in

batt

Quote from: GoLions16 on January 30, 2014, 11:04:39 PM
I caved. Midfield is now Ablett, Pendles, Rocky, Beams, Daisy. Those stats on how well he averages against his opponents before the byes really swayed me to bring him in
Haha I caved too.  Only because I realised he's 29.  For some reason I had him at 31-32.  Heck, even at 50 he'd probably be a decent SC player...

GCSkiwi

Hey! Quit stealin' my midfield! Haha great minds think alike I guess...

GoLions

Quote from: GCSkiwi on January 31, 2014, 07:00:48 AM

Haha, I think most people will have 4 of those guys :P

Memphistopheles

The only reason to leave out Gaz is the plethora of under-priced midfielders available this season - Beams, Cotchin, Watson, Murphy, Rocky to name a few.

But, he would be the #1 upgrade target if you did. And, you'd probably also want to start with Pendles to give yourself a perma-captain.

Having said that I doubt I'll be game enough to not start with him. He's in my team at the moment.

It's tough because starring with Gaz and Pendles takes up a lot of your budget. But, if I was to start with one over the other it would be Ablett.

Vinny

Quote from: GoLions16 on January 31, 2014, 12:30:21 PM
Quote from: GCSkiwi on January 31, 2014, 07:00:48 AM

Haha, I think most people will have 4 of those guys :P

Haha that's pretty much everyone's midfield, except some have Murphy instead of a Rocky for value.

eaglesman

I just did an interview with the paper for perthnow supercoach comp and they asked me my 5 tips for this season after winning it last year

number 1 tip for this year ... lock in gary ablett jnr

enough said

DaveElNacho

Yes, Gaz is eventually going to slow down. Every year people say that "this is going to be the year". But come on.. He had the highest average and won the brownlow! Atleast wait until he shows some sign of slowing down before calling him out. I'd say that leaving him out of your team is a greater risk  :o