Previous topic - Next topic

Munyk

Yes or No? Why?

Munyk

Too expensive for mine, past his prime.

Ziplock

Quote from: Munyk on January 19, 2014, 10:57:14 AM
Too expensive for mine, past his prime.

He just won the brownlow medal, and his scores were affected at the end of the year by him carrying injury.

to be fair, he'll probs pick up niggles towards the end of the season most of the time, but that doesn't really justify not starting him.

That being said, I'm not starting him either :P I just think  the 'past his prime' judgement is premature :P

ubeaut

Yes.
He's the best player in the AFL and Supercoach. He's still in his prime.
Other mids stepping up will only help take attention off him.
If he goes forward he's likely to still get the ball AND kick goals.
Gold Coast will push for the 8 this season and a fit GAJ will be a huge part.
He solves the captaincy problem 9 times out of 10. I hate trying to guess who will be the best non-GAJ captain and getting it wrong more often than not. If Pendles has a bad game or 2 or gets injured who's your 120+ captain?
This season it seems having him should put u ahead of ALOT of other teams that aren't picking him.

shaker

No need that extra 90 - 100k elsewhere gun will get him in team ASAP , faces a couple of good taggers in first 3 rounds might come down in price a bit .

ubeaut

Quote from: shaker on January 19, 2014, 11:43:57 AM
No need that extra 90 - 100k elsewhere gun will get him in team ASAP , faces a couple of good taggers in first 3 rounds might come down in price a bit .
Sure and then by the time u can afford to trade him in he's gone back up in price. Are u gonna get him in round 4 or 5? How?

muzza3465

Im of the thought that hes going to be there anyway, my team that is, so why
bother using a trade to get him in later plus the captain issue is solved

_wato

Yeah Gary Ablett is a lock straight into my team also. Picking him over Pendlebury actually and I have my reasons for that.

Will dominate like usual, don't see any difference in scoring output, and he should still be #1 in Supercoach again this year.

As ubeaut says, the interchange cap doesn't change anything, he is a must and I can't look at my team the same without him.

shaker

Quote from: ubeaut on January 19, 2014, 11:52:58 AM
Quote from: shaker on January 19, 2014, 11:43:57 AM
Sure and then by the time u can afford to trade him in he's gone back up in price. Are u gonna get him in round 4 or 5? How?

I always have to burn some trades early to adjust my team not starting with cheap ruck combo so might be able to free up some cash early if one of the cheapie rucks has blinding start if not I will get by till I can afford him but he will be in my team sooner than later maybe if there are some cheaper rookies playing round 1 I might be able to squeeze him in but not at the moment

Vinny

Yeah I'll start him. I am too scared he will destroy if I don't.

Jroo

I've got him locked in atm, it's a risky move leaving him out, as he can post some massive scores.

Speculator

I don't need the stress of not having him.

Ricochet

Was averaging basically 135 for most the year until injuries started to affect him over a couple of rounds. Priced at under 130 so I'm viewing him as underpriced. I don't see anyone out averaging him this year, not even Pendles. Jelwood still isn't even in his league.

He is a must imo

colmullet

yeah must have, the only guy i can see outstripping him anytime soon is Danger back in the guts

mark621

nope, like franklin id watch him in the early rounds but with slowing down, gc speading up and guys like fyfe, libba, danger, pendes, jselwood and watdon all coming into that prime zone. im looking at him to fall out of the top 5 mids
smart move last year to avoid him, only 3 games in the year it would have been better to have him