Main Menu

Travis Boak

Started by Jimmykidd, January 18, 2014, 02:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmykidd

I noticed there was no Player Profile for Boak here? Thought I'd get some discussion going!

I'm really interested in Boak. Will be a nice POD for sure. Nice round 9 bye helps.

Cracked the 100 AVG for the first time in his career last year (106). Does he have the potential to go 110? 110+? I'd say absolutely. But will he? I'd definitely take the punt.

For arguments sake, out of the 5 guys that are priced around the same as him - Sloane, Libba, Fyfe, Goddard & Cotchin(Most upside obviously) who would you take? :)

shorty3264

Well yeh, to answer that final line, I think no doubt Cotchin, Fyfe and even Libba are clearly in front, but I think Boak does have 110 in him, but its much less likely than the aforementioned trio, in particular Fyfe and Cotchin. But he will no doubt be a POD.

Noz

Of course he can go 110+ he is starting to get some great support in the midfield and at 25 years of age he has plenty of footy left in him

Dayze

Cotchin
Libba/ fyfe
Sloane
Boak
Goddard
In that order for mine.
I expect boak to hover around the 105 for most of his career now.

Noz

Fyfe
Cotch
Boak
Sloane
Libba
Goddard

CrowsFan

Sloane --> Daylight --> Others

:P

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Honey Badger on January 18, 2014, 06:54:50 PM
Libba>Sloane --> Daylight --> Others

fixed for you, Libba will average more then Sloane this year

CrowsFan

I'd appreciate it if you didn't go editing my posts :P

Wouldn't surprise me if Libba actually stagnated this year. Sloane on the other hand has averaged 105+ the last 2 years and is ready to go to the next level.

Noz

If Sloane plays a full year at 100% and not play half the season with a broken jaw, wrist whatever else he broke he will average close to 110

kilbluff1985

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 18, 2014, 07:18:53 PM
Quote from: Honey Badger on January 18, 2014, 06:54:50 PM
Libba>Sloane --> Daylight --> Others

fixed for you, Libba will average more then Sloane this year

apologies CrowsFan :P

eaglesman

fyfe is a better option than all these lads .... will win the brownlow this year

Vinny

Sloaney will average more than Libba I think. Sloane rarely gets a tag ahead of Dangerman and it wouldn't suprise me if Libba attracted more attention even over Griffen.

CrowsFan

Quote from: vinny on January 19, 2014, 12:47:03 PM
Sloaney will average more than Libba I think. Sloane rarely gets a tag ahead of Dangerman and it wouldn't suprise me if Libba attracted more attention even over Griffen.
Sloane got tagged a couple of times late last year. His disposals went down so his DT dropped, but his contested work went way up and so he still pumped out SC tonnes. The games I'm talking about are Dogs in round 21 (17 touches, 68 DT, 102 SC), and Eagles in round 23 (23 touches, 86 DT, 128 SC). Can't be stopped! :)

kilbluff1985

Quote from: vinny on January 19, 2014, 12:47:03 PM

Griffin will get tagged first same reason Stanton gets tagged over Watson the inside players are much harder to stop

Ricochet

No thanks I wouldn't go near him this year. Is an absolute gun but a few years being off elite imo. Had a much easier draw last year so I can see him sitting around a similar average.

Of those 5 I would chose Cotchin and Fyfe over him.