Main Menu

Tomahawk

Started by quinny88, January 16, 2014, 05:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Is anyone considering this man??

$359,500 and if injury free has shown he can average 95+

Could be one of the great mid price bargains but I haven't heard a peep about him!

Thoughts??

kilbluff1985

No chance long term back problems

quinny88

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 16, 2014, 05:38:20 PM
No chance long term back problems

According to him and the Geelong medical staff they are a non issue now?

Not sure on that but if he is fit then he is a very tempting bargain

shaker

Have looked at him interesting to see how he goes preseaon had him in 2012 and was a very good scorer just not sure about that back time will tell

Ricochet

Atm I'm taking the punt on Caddy @325k instead of him but he's definitely worth keeping an eye on

shorty3264

I watched Hawkins at training the otherday and he was moving great. But.... I'd steer clear, I don't trust the back, plus he now has a very inexperienced partner in crime (Walker or Kersten). Making him a big risk.

quinny88

Yeah I hope to get a good idea during the pre season but you just never know, no one takes it seriously.

I'm not sold on Caddy, I already know Tomahawk can average premium scores so would rather take the punt on him. If he's fit of course.

quinny88

Quote from: shorty3264 on January 16, 2014, 06:09:46 PM
I watched Hawkins at training the otherday and he was moving great. But.... I'd steer clear, I don't trust the back, plus he now has a very inexperienced partner in crime (Walker or Kersten). Making him a big risk.

Pods was useless last year anyway. Wouldn't Vardy be his main partner up forward now?

shorty3264

Quote from: quinny88 on January 16, 2014, 06:10:52 PM

Pods was useless last year anyway. Wouldn't Vardy be his main partner up forward now?
He still required a quality defender. No, Vardy is part-time forward, he a ruck prospect. The second tall forward option will be Walker or Kersten.

quinny88

Quote from: shorty3264 on January 16, 2014, 06:14:44 PM

He still required a quality defender. No, Vardy is part-time forward, he a ruck prospect. The second tall forward option will be Walker or Kersten.

I know you're a Geelong man but I disagree with that. I think Vardy is a much better CHF prospect than ruck prospect.
Think Hmac will do 80% of the ruck work if he's fit for the start of the season with Vardy and Blicavs providing the relief

shorty3264

Quote from: quinny88 on January 16, 2014, 06:38:47 PM
Quote from: shorty3264 on January 16, 2014, 06:14:44 PM

I know you're a Geelong man but I disagree with that. I think Vardy is a much better CHF prospect than ruck prospect.
Think Hmac will do 80% of the ruck work if he's fit for the start of the season with Vardy and Blicavs providing the relief
I respect that mate, all good. But yeh I think Dawson Simpson is right up there too. But we'll wait and see but I do expect Walker to play round 1.

quinny88

As a Geelong supporter what would you rather see your ruck lineup look like and key forward setup?

shorty3264

Quote from: quinny88 on January 16, 2014, 07:56:51 PM
As a Geelong supporter what would you rather see your ruck lineup look like and key forward setup?
Well since its about the tall forwards. A lot can change through pre-season, but right now. Hawkins > Walker > Kersten
Rucks. Simpson and/or McIntosh, supported by Vardy. Basically whoever is fir out of Simpson and HMac will play. Then I would like to see Vardy be the back up ruckman but also spend a bit of time forward, and depending on match ups I like to have Vardy and Walker, because both can ruck, while also rotate forward.

Mat0369

nrich102